Looking for a motherboard

Hey there. I have an i5 6500 Skylake 1151 lga socket and im looking for a motherboard. I specifically am looking for one with an RGB socket so i can put RGB coolers in. Aura Aura to be exact. I have been searching for some myself but i cant seem to find this combination. Mostly looking for ASUS but feel free to suggest anything.

CPU - AMD Ryzen 5 5600x | Motherboard -  MSI B550-A PRO | RAM 4x Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO 8GB, DDR4, 3600MHz | Graphics Card -ASUS STRIX 1060 6 GB| Power Supply - Corsair RM650x  | Case - Corsair Carbide Series 275R

If have an existing motherboard, you can just buy an internal USB RGB controller and connect it to a USB header. Saves you a lot of money.

If you really want a new motherboard, get an Asus Z170 one with older BIOS. You may still try the Skylake non-K overclocking trick to squeeze some performance out of it. Or if you prefers stability, any 100/200-series motherboard (except H110. they are not of great value) from any reputable brand should be fine.

"Mankind’s greatest mistake will be its inability to control the technology it has created."

13 minutes ago, SkyHound0202 said:

If have an existing motherboard, you can just buy an internal USB RGB controller and connect it to a USB header. Saves you a lot of money.

If you really want a new motherboard, get an Asus Z170 one with older BIOS. You may still try the Skylake non-K overclocking trick to squeeze some performance out of it. Or if you prefers stability, any 100/200-series motherboard (except H110. they are not of great value) from any reputable brand should be fine.

Lol i was really thinking there has to be another way. Im quite okay with my current gpu so a USB RGB controller might be what i need. Which do you suggest if i may ask?

EDIT: Or maybe a set of fans that come with that. I was looking towards the DeepCool RF120.

Edited by LennyD

CPU - AMD Ryzen 5 5600x | Motherboard -  MSI B550-A PRO | RAM 4x Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO 8GB, DDR4, 3600MHz | Graphics Card -ASUS STRIX 1060 6 GB| Power Supply - Corsair RM650x  | Case - Corsair Carbide Series 275R