Follow up to reports

SkyHound0202

So last week I reported a few ad bots posting spams like "Black Friday Deals" and "Vitamin Supplements" in various sub-forums and their blogs. (It's getting rampant lately!) All of them got removed fairly quickly. But I wasn't aware they were removed until I tried to go back to the previous page and it told me it's no longer there.

Is it possible to add a function to offer follow up of the report to the report submitter, like what action was taken against the users and their posts?

"Mankind’s greatest mistake will be its inability to control the technology it has created."

8 minutes ago, SkyHound0202 said:

Is it possible to add a function to offer follow up of the report to the report submitter, like what action was taken against the users and their posts?

Why though?

CPU: Intel Core i7-950 Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R CPU Cooler: NZXT HAVIK 140 RAM: Corsair Dominator DDR3-1600 (1x2GB), Crucial DDR3-1600 (2x4GB), Crucial Ballistix Sport DDR3-1600 (1x4GB) GPU: ASUS GeForce GTX 770 DirectCU II 2GB SSD: Samsung 860 EVO 2.5" 1TB HDDs: WD Green 3.5" 1TB, WD Blue 3.5" 1TB PSU: Corsair AX860i & CableMod ModFlex Cables Case: Fractal Design Meshify C TG (White) Fans: 2x Dynamic X2 GP-12 Monitors: LG 24GL600F, Samsung S24D390 Keyboard: Logitech G710+ Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum Mouse Pad: Steelseries QcK Audio: Bose SoundSport In-Ear Headphones

2 minutes ago, r2724r16 said:

Why though?

Transparency and responsiveness.

Plus, knowing that an annoyance has been dealt thanks to you feels like both an assurance and an achievement.

"Mankind’s greatest mistake will be its inability to control the technology it has created."

I feel like it would be a great chore to respond to every single report they must get, they probably get dozens upon dozens a day and don't have the time to respond to every one if they tried.

mechanical keyboard switches aficionado & hi-fi audio enthusiast

switch reviews  how i lube mx-style keyboard switches

Just now, seoz said:

I feel like it would be a great chore to respond to every single report they must get, they probably get dozens upon dozens a day and don't have the time to respond to every one if they tried.

Bingo

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

Just now, SkyHound0202 said:

Plus, knowing that an annoyance has been dealt thanks to you feels like both an assurance and an achievement.

IDK, sounds like you want a trophy for reporting a post.

I think it's completely unnecessary, but I guess it's up to admins.

CPU: Intel Core i7-950 Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R CPU Cooler: NZXT HAVIK 140 RAM: Corsair Dominator DDR3-1600 (1x2GB), Crucial DDR3-1600 (2x4GB), Crucial Ballistix Sport DDR3-1600 (1x4GB) GPU: ASUS GeForce GTX 770 DirectCU II 2GB SSD: Samsung 860 EVO 2.5" 1TB HDDs: WD Green 3.5" 1TB, WD Blue 3.5" 1TB PSU: Corsair AX860i & CableMod ModFlex Cables Case: Fractal Design Meshify C TG (White) Fans: 2x Dynamic X2 GP-12 Monitors: LG 24GL600F, Samsung S24D390 Keyboard: Logitech G710+ Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum Mouse Pad: Steelseries QcK Audio: Bose SoundSport In-Ear Headphones

40 minutes ago, seoz said:

39 minutes ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

Bingo

I understand the workload of the moderators and admins of the forum.

I would like to clarify that I am not requesting an individual response from admin(s) to every single report they receive. My suggestion was inspired by those automated response used by various other sites like Facebook and Twitter where the will quickly send out a message telling you that "Your reported post was removed" or "Your reported item does not violate the community standard", etc.

Since submitted reports have to be reviewed and decided, it's feasible to add an automated feedback to whoever submitted the report.

39 minutes ago, r2724r16 said:

IDK, sounds like you want a trophy for reporting a post.

This ain't a competition, but participation. I quote the community standards:

if there’s an issue, please use the report function. This includes responses such as "Off topic", "spam", "advertising", "status update material" etc; leave it for the mod team to handle.

4 hours ago, SkyHound0202 said:

I would like to clarify that I am not requesting an individual response from admin(s) to every single report they receive. My suggestion was inspired by those automated response used by various other sites like Facebook and Twitter where the will quickly send out a message telling you that "Your reported post was removed" or "Your reported item does not violate the community standard", etc.

Since submitted reports have to be reviewed and decided, it's feasible to add an automated feedback to whoever submitted the report.

I kinda agree with posts that aren't issue should get this. CS is rather vague on some things and there are several unwritten rules that are applied (or aren't any longer). It might make less report spam to let people know where the lines are.

But I wouldn't still expect them from every single report made, and surely not for those posts that are clear spam, advertising etc. For those I've interested I bookmark post and check it next day.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv