Is it fine to install a different fan to my AIO ?

Hi there, I currently have a Corsair H80i v2 and frankly the stock fans, are ugly. So i wanted to replace them for RGB fans (Corsair ML 120 Rgb).

After reading a couple of stuff, I noticed that, the stock fans of my h80i v2, are actually better (both in RPM, and static pressure) than the ML120 rgb. 
So I thought, what I leave one of the stock fans, (pushing air at the back of the rad) and then the ML120 pulling air (so the ML is at the front of the case, in all it's glory)

Will it mess up with the static pressure? having fans with different static pressure/RPM, on the same rad?

You will not notice any performance difference truthfully. The static pressure ratings are when the fans are at 100% RPM. So while at high RPM levels the static pressure may be greater, but at say 50% they would likely be more even.

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

8 hours ago, Skiiwee29 said:

You will not notice any performance difference truthfully. The static pressure ratings are when the fans are at 100% RPM. So while at high RPM levels the static pressure may be greater, but at say 50% they would likely be more even.

What makes me question that is because, the stock fans at idle runs at 1330-1500 RPM (they get a bit louder when gaming, hitting 2000-2400)
and ML120 max RPM is 1600. 

Another question would be, if I am actually installing the ML120 on one side of the rad (doing push and pull)
should I plug in the power cable from the fan, to the pump spliter, like I do with the stock fans, (so it is controlled by the pump)
or should I just use the case fan controller that comes with it? 
Like, would there be any issues? Say if the pump goes for max RPM, making the stock fan spin at 2400 RPM, and the second fan having it max RPM at 1600. It won't like... break for "demanding more than it can do" ? or it just... like gives 12v to both fans, so they spin at 100% at their individual max?

temps and rpm.PNG

It's always preferable to match the fans when using push/pull. Also note that the fan that came with the H80i V2 (SKU CO-8950002) is a PWM fan (BTW. so is the ML-120) and as such, should always have a 12V supply; it's the 4th wire that controls the speed of the fan. As far controlling the second fan on the radiator, use a 2-way PWM splitter on the pump's fan header so the pump can control the fan. Your AIO responds to the coolant temperature which you won't have access to from a motherboard fan header.

At the end of the day, it's not really worth it and you probably won't see much (if any) change going to push/pull for that AIO (thin 120mm radiator) for your CPU temperatures.

3 hours ago, Blai5e said:

It's always preferable to match the fans when using push/pull. Also note that the fan that came with the H80i V2 (SKU CO-8950002) is a PWM fan (BTW. so is the ML-120) and as such, should always have a 12V supply; it's the 4th wire that controls the speed of the fan. As far controlling the second fan on the radiator, use a 2-way PWM splitter on the pump's fan header so the pump can control the fan. Your AIO responds to the coolant temperature which you won't have access to from a motherboard fan header.

At the end of the day, it's not really worth it and you probably won't see much (if any) change going to push/pull for that AIO (thin 120mm radiator) for your CPU temperatures.

It is already set at Push/Pull with the 2 stock fans that came with the h80i v2.
I just wanted to swap the front fan, for the ML120, for aesthetic (since I mounted my rad, at the front of the case, as a intake)

was asking, if that would work fine.
guess for the other question, connecting to the pump splitter, that is. Thank you