Help please

3 minutes ago, NinJake said:

I do not have display port or dvi so Im not sure

4 minutes ago, KacperS said:

I do not have display port or dvi so Im not sure

When was the last time you used THAT hdmi cable and monitor?  Are they both brand new or did you use them on a prior computer or console or laptop?  Can you test them by plugging it into an xbox or other hdmi device like a DVD player or something? 

We wanna know for a fact that those things work because it's hard to troubleshoot if you cannot know 100% that all the OTHER things you plug into your computer work.  You would not believe the potential for people in your situation to tear their hair out and start buying new expensive parts like motherboards only to find out it was a bad HDMI cable, or bad monitor plugin.

2 minutes ago, LogicWeasel said:

When was the last time you used THAT hdmi cable and monitor?  Are they both brand new or did you use them on a prior computer, a TV?  A laptop?  Can you test them by plugging it into an xbox or other hdmi device like a DVD player or something? 

We wanna know for a fact that those things work because it's hard to troubleshoot if you cannot know 100% that all the OTHER things you plug into your computer work.  You would not believe the potential for people in your situation to tear their hair out and start buying new expensive parts like motherboards only to find out it was a bad HDMI cable, or bad monitor plugin.

I am currently just doing that, trying a hdmi cable that definetly works. The monitor is brand new and switches on normally so highly unlikely to be faulty

11 minutes ago, LogicWeasel said:

When was the last time you used THAT hdmi cable and monitor?  Are they both brand new or did you use them on a prior computer or console or laptop?  Can you test them by plugging it into an xbox or other hdmi device like a DVD player or something? 

I have checked a different monitor and cable, same thing. The monitor is detecting power from the pc, because instead of no cable it says no signal

Just now, KacperS said:

I have checked a different monitor and cable, same thing. The monitor is detecting power from the pc, because instead of no cable it says no signal

You don't get power from the PC. You have a separate power cable running to your monitor. If you are using another cable entirely and device to output to this monitor, it seems like the monitor is defective. Maybe try one more thing to make sure but it sounds like you will be returning the monitor...

16 minutes ago, NinJake said:

You don't get power from the PC. You have a separate power cable running to your monitor. If you are using another cable entirely and device to output to this monitor, it seems like the monitor is defective. Maybe try one more thing to make sure but it sounds like you will be returning the monitor...

Can't be, it doesn't work on the tv either

1 hour ago, Faisal A said:

@Stormseeker9 most mobos show an american megatrend screen if there is no hard drive or operating system installed

The American Megatrend bios screen is only for Asus boards, it's the Bios Post screen it will show whatever the splash screen is for the manufacturer, since OP has a bazooka board it should show an MSI post screen....

Main Desktop: CPU - i9-14900k | Mobo - Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite AX DDR4 | GPU - ASUS TUF Gaming OC RTX 4090 RAM - Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 64GB 3600mhz | AIO - H150i Pro XT | PSU - Corsair RM1000X | Case - Phanteks P500A Digital - White | Storage - Samsung 970 Pro M.2 NVME SSD 512GB / Sabrent Rocket 1TB Nvme / Samsung 860 Evo Pro 500GB / Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2tb Nvme / Samsung 870 QVO 4TB  |

TV Streaming PC: Intel Nuc CPU - i7 8th Gen | RAM - 16GB DDR4 2666mhz | Storage - 256GB WD Black M.2 NVME SSD |

Phone: Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4 - Phantom Black 512GB |

6 minutes ago, KacperS said:

Can't be, it doesn't work on the tv either

The cable doesn't work?

1 minute ago, NinJake said:

The cable doesn't work?

The cable definetly works

3 minutes ago, SpookyCitrus said:

The American Megatrend bios screen is only for Asus boards, it's the Bios Post screen it will show whatever the splash screen is for the manufacturer, since OP has a bazooka board it should show an MSI post screen....

I am not getting anything, but if there was an issue it should power cycle or something but the computer behaves as if it was working fine

Just now, KacperS said:

I am not getting anything, but if there was an issue it should power cycle or something but the computer behaves as if it was working fine

Is the monitor on the correct input for the display type you're using? For example if you have the HDMI cable plugged in from the GPU to the Display is the input of the Display set to the correct HDMI input you have it hooked up to some monitors have multiple HDMI or DP inputs setup as HDMI 1 or HDMI2. If everything is correct and it's still not working you should try re-seating your ram and CPU, whenever I work on a computer that doesn't post the first thing I check is ram, plus Ryzen is one of the most incorrectly installed CPU chipsets on the market, I'd double check and see if you might have accidentally installed it wrong or maybe bent some pins. Also check if everything that needs to have a connection from the PSU is connected, Mobo, GPU, HDDs. 

Main Desktop: CPU - i9-14900k | Mobo - Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite AX DDR4 | GPU - ASUS TUF Gaming OC RTX 4090 RAM - Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 64GB 3600mhz | AIO - H150i Pro XT | PSU - Corsair RM1000X | Case - Phanteks P500A Digital - White | Storage - Samsung 970 Pro M.2 NVME SSD 512GB / Sabrent Rocket 1TB Nvme / Samsung 860 Evo Pro 500GB / Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2tb Nvme / Samsung 870 QVO 4TB  |

TV Streaming PC: Intel Nuc CPU - i7 8th Gen | RAM - 16GB DDR4 2666mhz | Storage - 256GB WD Black M.2 NVME SSD |

18 minutes ago, SpookyCitrus said:

Is the monitor on the correct input for the display type you're using? For example if you have the HDMI cable plugged in from the GPU to the Display is the input of the Display set to the correct HDMI input you have it hooked up to some monitors have multiple HDMI or DP inputs setup as HDMI 1 or HDMI2. If everything is correct and it's still not working you should try re-seating your ram and CPU, whenever I work on a computer that doesn't post the first thing I check is ram, plus Ryzen is one of the most incorrectly installed CPU chipsets on the market, I'd double check and see if you might have accidentally installed it wrong or maybe bent some pins. Also check if everything that needs to have a connection from the PSU is connected, Mobo, GPU, HDDs. 

Just to make sure, the writing of the word ryzen was 90 degrees to the ram (top of the letters facing the ram), the ram dimms were put in the 2nd and 4th slot counting from the cpu side

3 minutes ago, KacperS said:

Just to make sure, the writing of the word ryzen was 90 degrees to the ram (top of the letters facing the ram), the ram dimms were put in the 2nd and 4th slot

There is a gold triangle on the CPU and a marking on the board that shows where that specific corner goes, you go by that triangle and the marking on the board not the logo or writing.. usually its 2 and 4 but some boards can use slot 1 and 3 for dual channel , you have to read the user manual to be sure. Also reseating the CPU and ram is a big factor not something to ignore because you think you installed it correctly, they could be ever so loose, or the CPU could be installed incorrectly. It doesn't hurt to double check.

Just now, SpookyCitrus said:

There is a gold triangle on the CPU and a marking on the board that shows where that specific corner goes, you go by that triangle and the marking on the board not the logo or writing.. usually its 2 and 4 but some boards can use slot 1 and 3 for dual channel , you have to read the user manual to be sure. Also reseating the CPU and ram is a big factor not something to ignore because you think you installed it correctly, they could be ever so loose, or the CPU could be installed incorrectly. It doesn't hurt to double check.

The thing is the computer is completely new and empty, no windows or anything yet so am I just stupid or can the computer not display anything because of lack of drivers or anything requiring usb boot drive etc.?

Did the OP get it sorted out?  If not -- did he check which input the monitor was set to?

AMD Ryzen 5800XFractal Design S36 360 AIO w/6 Corsair SP120L fans  |  Asus Crosshair VII WiFi X470  |  G.SKILL TridentZ 4400CL19 2x8GB @ 3800MHz 14-14-14-14-30  |  EVGA 3080 FTW3 Hybrid  |  Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe 500GB - Boot Drive  |  Samsung 850 EVO SSD 1TB - Game Drive  |  Seagate 1TB HDD - Media Drive  |  EVGA 650 G3 PSU | Thermaltake Core P3 Case 

8 minutes ago, nick name said:

Did the OP get it sorted out?  If not -- did he check which input the monitor was set to?

Don't know I asked the same thing.

26 minutes ago, Faisal A said:

@KacperS Is there any on board graphics ? Test using that

He earlier just said it was Ryzen 5, so very unlikely to have onboard unless it's the 2400G.  All other models he has to use the GPU graphics.

At this point my bet is one of 3 most likely situations: monitor/cable is wrong mode or bad, the RAM is in the wrong slots or OP should try booting it with just 1 stick inserted into the primary slot (look at motherboard manual), or the CPU isn't installed right / has a bent pin.