Help please

I just built a brand new computer with a 1660 ti and ryzen 5. Before installing windows in any way, should I still get a bios screen or anything? When I turn on the computer everything seems fine, the fans run and the computer does not restart. Nothing shows up on the screen except no signal even though the hdmi is connected properly.

Just now, KacperS said:

I just built a brand new computer with a 1660 ti and ryzen 5. Before installing windows in any way, should I still get a bios screen or anything? When I turn on the computer everything seems fine, the fans run and the computer does not restart. Nothing shows up on the screen except no signal even though the hdmi is connected properly.

Is the video cable plugged into the GPU or the motherboard video port?  Also what video cable and are the cable and monitor known-working?

Just now, Faisal A said:

You should get an american megatrend sign

What if I don't? What could be the main reasons?

Any beeps or bloops when you turn the computer on? You're plugged into hdmi on the graphics card right? What motherboard do you have?

Just now, LogicWeasel said:

Is the video cable plugged into the GPU or the motherboard video port?  Also what video cable and are the cable and monitor known-working?

The hdmi is connected to the GPU and it is a benq 1080p 60hz monitor

Does the monitor say anything e.g invalid resolution ? Is the GPU in securely ? Is the GPU power cable in ? 

If you want me to see your reply, please tag me @Faisal A

Just now, NinJake said:

Any beeps or bloops when you turn the computer on? You're plugged into hdmi on the graphics card right? What motherboard do you have?

No bleeps or bloops, yes it is connected to the GPU and I have a b450m bazooka v2

1 minute ago, Faisal A said:

Since you don't know his motherboard and you didn't hedge you guess against all known Ryzen motherboards that's not really accurate.  It wouldn't say that in specific if he has a BIOS from any vendor that displays an image instead (Many OEM hide that image and show something else until it fails to boot an OS), or another BIOS maker like Phoenix, etc (there is more than 1 yah know).

Just now, Faisal A said:

Does the monitor say anything e.g invalid rrsolution ? Is the GPU in securely !

It just says no signal

Just now, KacperS said:

It just says no signal

Did you double check that all your power connectors are plugged in on the video card, motherboard, etc?

Is the GPU in the PCIe slot securely ? Try pushing it and then see if you get a signal

Just now, LogicWeasel said:

Did you double check that all your power connectors are plugged in on the video card, motherboard, etc?

Right gimme 10min

2 minutes ago, KacperS said:

No bleeps or bloops

Check your motherboard manual for no-POST info, or if it's supposed to have a speaker that chirps if something during POST fails.

8 minutes ago, Faisal A said:

That’s not true...

I’ve never had that. 

MSI B450 Pro Gaming Pro Carbon AC | AMD Ryzen 2700x  | NZXT  Kraken X52  MSI GeForce RTX2070 Armour | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4*8) 3200MhZ | Samsung 970 evo M.2nvme 500GB Boot  / Samsung 860 evo 500GB SSD | Corsair RM550X (2018) | Fractal Design Meshify C white | Logitech G pro WirelessGigabyte Aurus AD27QD 

@Stormseeker9 most mobos show an american megatrend screen if there is no hard drive or operating system installed

Just now, Faisal A said:

@Stormseeker9 most mobos show an american megatrend screen if there is no hard drive or operating system installed

Oh mine did not. I installed everything, turned on for the first time and it went into bios straight away. 

I have Wondered tho, I sometimes see people’s pc boot (all installed etc) and they still get that splash screen. always wondered why I never had it 

MSI B450 Pro Gaming Pro Carbon AC | AMD Ryzen 2700x  | NZXT  Kraken X52  MSI GeForce RTX2070 Armour | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4*8) 3200MhZ | Samsung 970 evo M.2nvme 500GB Boot  / Samsung 860 evo 500GB SSD | Corsair RM550X (2018) | Fractal Design Meshify C white | Logitech G pro WirelessGigabyte Aurus AD27QD 

2 minutes ago, Faisal A said:

@Stormseeker9One of my PCs just shows the company logo. Probably a diffrent BIOS

Yeah I have the MSI splash screen before it goes into w10

23 minutes ago, Faisal A said:

Is the GPU in the PCIe slot securely ? Try pushing it and then see if you get a signal

Turn it off first... lol.

Ryzen 5700g @ 4.4ghz all cores | Asrock B550M Steel Legend | 3060 | 2x 16gb Micron E 2666 @ 4200mhz cl16 | 500gb WD SN750 | 12 TB HDD | Deepcool Gammax 400 w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull | Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w

Where's OP?

Wanna see where this goes.

42 minutes ago, LogicWeasel said:

Check your motherboard manual for no-POST info, or if it's supposed to have a speaker that chirps if something during POST fails.

Right, so I replugged everything in and the problem persisted

45 minutes ago, NinJake said:

Have you used this hdmi for any other devices and verified it works?

@KacperS