[PC] Borderlands 2 Help

ROBOCRIPPLE
Go to solution Solved by flibberdipper,

If you really want to, just get some save editors and OP the hell out of your character. I made my characters for the three games level 69 with autistically good gear for the lulz and you can blitz through missions like nobody's business.

Well, this is embarrassing...

I'm very frustrated, right now. I think I have wasted my money on Borderlands 1, 2, and the Pre-Sequel, even though I bought them on a Steam sale for very low prices... Usually, I am careful about which games I buy on Steam sales, GOG sales, PSN sales, etc. I usually avoid games that are challenging and lack difficulty settings, as well as those that are crap, because I don't really like to be challenged; I play video games just for fun, entertainment, and the story. At least for the Souls-type games, the communities are openly expressing how challenging they are, which is why I have avoided them. But I didn't hear as much of the same about Borderlands. I thought that because the series is so popular, I would like it as well, but I guess I was wrong, yet again.

I was able to make it through Borderlands 1 by myself, but now I'm really struggling to solo BL2, so much that I panic and scream and then cry like a child. Some people say that the first (normal) playthrough is easy on solo, but I find it very difficult at times, up to impossible. I don't like the fact that every time I die (not able to get Second Wind in time), I lose (in-game) money, and I find it to be a problem in difficult/impossible encounters such as that Badass Pyre Thresher. I can't get used to it; I want to be forgiven for my mistakes and failures in everything. Sure, I use cover whenever it is available and aim for headshots, but I'm having the most difficulty with Pandoran beasts and Hyperion mechs that fire missiles. Because of my difficulties in solo mode, I think that this game is made for co-op play. But I don't want to play on co-op; I want to be able to solo the game, and with little to no difficulty. I just want to explore, complete side missions if it is an RPG with exp (which this game is), enjoy the story, kick ass, and have fun. I don't want to grind my character just to get strong enough to move on, let alone repeat it 3-5 more times. 

I'm not good at this type of game, at all. In fact, I'm not good in most video games, which is why I start playing them on a low difficulty setting, if they even are available (they are not in BL). I'm not a good team player, either (not very co-operative); I've had some poor experiences with other players in past co-op games, and I'm rather sensitive. I'm "slow" and "stupid", my reflexes are poor, my motor skills are poor, and I panic in stressful situations (i.e. I don't think straight). Sounds like this game is not for me, is it? I'm sure that even if I manage to complete the game solo, most other players will NOT be impressed, because they do not understand how difficult it is for somebody like me. :( 

If anybody would like to help me get through the story and side missions in Borderlands 2 and the Pre-Sequel, that would be great! Right now, I'm a level 22+ Zer0 in BL2. Switching to another character would mean starting over, and I don't want to start over. Also, please be polite. Until now, I've been playing it every night at 8pm PST.

If nobody wants to help me, I may as well give up. I may be able to enjoy the game with other people, but I can't enjoy the game by myself due to the difficulties I have in it. If I can't enjoy a game to its full extent, it's not worth any more of my time.

Don't ask me about BL3. I'm sure I won't be pre-ordering it, at the most. Games like these are not really my cup of tea. I mostly enjoy action/adventure, platforming, racing, and open-world games. Not so much RPGs, shooters, or any other game with complex mechanics such as character level, damage types, button combos, special moves, reloading, cover/lack thereof, block breaking/bypassing, etc. 

Should I continue playing BL2 with all of the story, side and DLC missions? If so, would you like to play them with me? At the very least, I want to get through the main story, but then again their are other ways to consume it, such as YouTube videos and the wikis... But I want to have fun, too...

Thanks.

Borderlands 2 solo is quite easy, let me give you some key points of information:

Level is everything, if the enemies are more then 2 levels higher than you, you're fucked. Do side quests to get your level above the enemy if your are struggling.

Focus lower capacity and faster charging shields, so you can use cover to regen at mitigate damage.

Keep swapping to more and more powerful weapons.

If all the above fails, send me your sav file and I can change the class and skills so you don't need to make a new character.

If you really want to, just get some save editors and OP the hell out of your character. I made my characters for the three games level 69 with autistically good gear for the lulz and you can blitz through missions like nobody's business.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

20 hours ago, TrigrH said:

Borderlands 2 solo is quite easy, let me give you some key points of information:

Level is everything, if the enemies are more then 2 levels higher than you, you're fucked. Do side quests to get your level above the enemy if your are struggling.

Focus lower capacity and faster charging shields, so you can use cover to regen at mitigate damage.

Keep swapping to more and more powerful weapons.

If all the above fails, send me your sav file and I can change the class and skills so you don't need to make a new character.

I do all of the above and I still struggle or at least die a lot at some side missions at or below my level. :( Like I said, I struggle the most with Pandoran beasts and Hyperion mechs that fire homing missiles at me.

19 hours ago, flibberdipper said:

I tried one save editor made for BL2 and increased the levels of my character and gear to 70, and the game suddenly became super-easy for me. My character has a lot of health and shields, with a high health regen rate, and I can one-shot most enemies. Boss battles are a breeze, and so are semi-bosses such as that Badass Pyre Thesher. No longer do I need to play with others! With these save editors, even a loser like myself can enjoy the game at its full extent, DLC included. :) 

Thanks for letting me know. Makes me proud of having the PC versions of the games even more!

• 1 month later...

One of the issues you may be running into is how the weapons (and gear in general) scale in borderlands 2. In borderlands 1 you can pick up a fairly decent weapon and it will carry you for 10+ levels. A really good weapon will be 20+ if you're lucky. In borderlands 2 they heavily nerfed weapons. This is the main reason I still play borderlands 1 over 2. You will need to switch out to a new weapon at minimum every 5 levels and at most 10. Even if you pick up epic weapons. You can sometimes get away with legendary weapons for 12-15 levels but that's about it. It sucks but that's the way it is. Once you get to your first somewhat easy boss that drops a lot of loot (I believe its the BNK3R) farm it for the latest gear.

tl;dr you will want to switch weapons 5-10 levels for a stronger one even with epic quality.

Edited by Thaurane
added more info