CPU: Intel i5-4690k

CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i

GPU: Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970

PSU: Corsair CX750M

RAM: G Skill Sniper DDR3-1866 16GB

Motherboard: Asus Z97-A USB 3.1

HDD: 120GB OCZ SSD and 1TB WD Black HDD

Build Completed: May 2015

Basically it's stuck in a loop when the power button is first pushed, it will turn on, as in fans will start spinning, and then it shuts itself off, then it turns back on again, and then off, it's a vicious cycle. It does this constantly until I shut off the PSU using the switch. There are 2 LED lights on the motherboard that light up when I boot, one green and one orange. 

I have tried reseating the RAM, I've tested the PSU using the grounding method and the fan will stay on, reset CMOS, and reconnected all wires, to no avail. I feel like it's the motherboard, but I wanted to get some third party opinions on the matter before I buy a new Motherboard or PSU. Maybe the build decided to celebrate its 4th birthday by crapping out on me. Again, any input or help would be greatly appreciated.

14 minutes ago, topkek420 said:

Intel i5-4690k

Here is what I'd do:

Strip out/unplug everything that isn't required for booting. Basically keep the CPU/cooler, 1 stick of ram, and nothing else.

Plug video cable into motherboard (assuming it has a video connection, as your CPU has built-in GFX) and try to boot, see what happens

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

54 minutes ago, Radium_Angel said:

Here is what I'd do:

Strip out/unplug everything that isn't required for booting. Basically keep the CPU/cooler, 1 stick of ram, and nothing else.

Plug video cable into motherboard (assuming it has a video connection, as your CPU has built-in GFX) and try to boot, see what happens

Just tried this, same thing as before... Bad motherboard?

If the PSU doesn't sent a power good signal to the MoBo it will not get to POST.  I had a PSU go bad like that and it will still pass the paper clip test.  In my case if would try to reboot a couple of times and then stop.  It's a remote possibility that your PSU is going bad.

Workstation PC Specs: CPU - i7 8700K; MoBo - ASUS TUF Z390; RAM - 32GB Crucial; GPU - Gigabyte RTX 1660 Super; PSU - SeaSonic Focus GX 650; Storage - 500GB Samsung EVO, 3x2TB WD HDD;  Case - Fractal Designs R6; OS - Win10

1 hour ago, topkek420 said:

Just tried this, same thing as before... Bad motherboard?

Still possible, but beg/borrow/steal (kidding!) a *new* power supply, and try it. If that doesn't work, then probably bad mobo

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

It could be the power button shorting.

I live in misery USA. my timezone is central daylight time which is either UTC -5 or -4 because the government hates everyone.

into trains? here's the model railroad thread!

Hey all,

Thanks for all of your replies and advice. I went ahead and bought a Coolermaster Masterwatt 550 and hooked everything up and Voila!

Same problem. I'm going to assume it's a bad Mobo now... 

RIP... anyone know any good deals on any LGA 1150 motherboards? Or is it worth it just to buy something newer at this point?