Suggestions for budget build cheap 150$ mid tower case

sahildale
Go to solution Solved by JuztBe,
1 minute ago, sahildale said:

I want good airflow for low temperatures that's why side fan ?

Is rosewill Thor v2 not good?

I think this thread is going too long thanks for being so patient with me 

Just say the best case in ur opinion and I'll choose ur answer as best and close the post 

Okay, now we're up to something. Side fans are pretty rare these days tbh.
Silverstone RL06 is really good case for temps out of the box. It's relatively noisy, so that's something to consider.
Review below: 

https://www.gamersnexus.net/hwreviews/2904-silverstone-redline-rl06-case-review

You can read gamers nexus review on rosewill Thor v2 if you want too. I gazed at it a bit, and it seemed like it lacked in thermals.

My budget gaming build will include ryzen 5 2600, gigabyte 2060 gaming oc pro and atx mobo. I need a good airflow case (dust filters will also be good else I'll buy and install them myself). I won't be using any hdd, ssd or optical drives, just only m.2 ssd. Will prioritise case with big side fan in middle as fan setup i am planning is one front intake one side intake and one rear exhaust for positive air pressure.

Not sure since when 150$ cases are considered cheap, but take a look at O-11 dynamic (non Airflow).

It's definitely not your standard case, and you'd have to re-think your fan setup. But when it comes to airflow it it's pretty high up.

Laptop: Acer V3-772G  CPU: i5 4200M GPU: GT 750M SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB
DesktopCPU: R7 1700x GPU: RTX 2080 SSDSamsung 860 Evo 1TB 

2 minutes ago, JuztBe said:

Not sure since when 150$ cases are considered cheap, but take a look at O-11 dynamic (non Airflow).

It's definitely not your standard case, and you'd have to re-think your fan setup. But when it comes to airflow it it's pretty high up.

Well where i live we have to pay 150$ for a 30$ case (DIYPC Alnitak-BK) cos of vat duty and shipping so that's cheap in your context not mine 

Will side fans improve cooling if fan setup used is one front intake one side intake and one rear exhaust 

3 minutes ago, sahildale said:

Well where i live we have to pay 150$ for a 30$ case (DIYPC Alnitak-BK) cos of vat duty and shipping so that's cheap in your context not mine 

Will side fans improve cooling if fan setup used is one front intake one side intake and one rear exhaust 

Well side intake would blow directly into cpu, if we're speaking about the same side intake. Then yeah, it would definitely help with CPU temps at least.

If prices are so absurd, then I'm not even sure if you can find a case with dust filters. 

3 minutes ago, JuztBe said:

Well side intake would blow directly into cpu, if we're speaking about the same side intake. Then yeah, it would definitely help with CPU temps at least.

If prices are so absurd, then I'm not even sure if you can find a case with dust filters. 

What about gpu it has 3 fans, will its temperature have any effect 

Can't i use dust filters myself 

What about gpu it has 3 fans, will its temperature have any effect 

Can't i use dust filters myself 

You can use dust filters yourself. 

Side fan might help slighlty with GPU temps, by reducing ambient case temp. But you'll win more by dedicating one fan for cpu and another for gpu.

If your GPU placement will be like this 
Front: Below GPU, to deliver airflow to GPU

Side: Fan placed directly towards CPU cooler.

Back: can't really adjust its position, so wherever it fits.

That would be the most optimal setup for case like that I believe.

1 minute ago, JuztBe said:

You can use dust filters yourself. 

Side fan might help slighlty with GPU temps, by reducing ambient case temp. But you'll win more by dedicating one fan for cpu and another for gpu.

If your GPU placement will be like this 
Front: Below GPU, to deliver airflow to GPU

Side: Fan placed directly towards CPU cooler.

Back: can't really adjust its position, so wherever it fits.

That would be the most optimal setup for case like that I believe.

Does this case have that properties 

https://in.pcpartpicker.com/product/86RFf7/diypc-case-alnitakbk

2 minutes ago, sahildale said:

From what it seems side fan is below GPU as well, and front fan can be positioned below gpu only as well. Which potentially may leave CPU with bad temps.

10 minutes ago, JuztBe said:

From what it seems side fan is below GPU as well, and front fan can be positioned below gpu only as well. Which potentially may leave CPU with bad temps.

Fuck the budget then what about this one 

https://in.pcpartpicker.com/product/yGCwrH/rosewill-case-thorv2w

If its also not good then suggest that case which meets the requirements u wrote 

9 minutes ago, sahildale said:

Fuck the budget then what about this one 

https://in.pcpartpicker.com/product/yGCwrH/rosewill-case-thorv2w

If its also not good then suggest that case which meets the requirements u wrote 

Now lets get some things straight. If there's any particilar reason why you'd want side intake? Or you just want case with good airflow?

2 minutes ago, JuztBe said:

Now lets get some things straight. If there's any particilar reason why you'd want side intake? Or you just want case with good airflow?

Just say the best case in ur opinion and I'll choose ur answer as best and close the post 

Silverstone RL06 is really good case for temps out of the box. It's relatively noisy, so that's something to consider.
Review below: 

You can read gamers nexus review on rosewill Thor v2 if you want too. I gazed at it a bit, and it seemed like it lacked in thermals.

13 minutes ago, sahildale said:

The Fractal Design Meshify C is one of the best cases for airflow I've personally ever used. Side fans aren't really a thing anymore and most older cases that have them are pretty pricey if you're able to find a new one. The Meshify C White is on sale on Amazon for $85 USD. Don't know what country you're in but It's a good case and you should definitely check it out, you do have to buy some extra fans to fill it up but the stock fans for the case are nice and super quiet for pretty cheap if you want to get extras. The black varients of the Meshify C are I think anywhere between $100 and $120, while the Meshify S2s are in the $170 range so they're a little pricey.

https://www.amazon.com/Fractal-Design-FD-CA-MESH-C-WT-TGC-Computer-Case/dp/B07BPP9KYD/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=meshify+c&qid=1558464202&s=gateway&sr=8-1

Main Desktop: CPU - i9-14900k | Mobo - Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite AX DDR4 | GPU - ASUS TUF Gaming OC RTX 4090 RAM - Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 64GB 3600mhz | AIO - H150i Pro XT | PSU - Corsair RM1000X | Case - Phanteks P500A Digital - White | Storage - Samsung 970 Pro M.2 NVME SSD 512GB / Sabrent Rocket 1TB Nvme / Samsung 860 Evo Pro 500GB / Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2tb Nvme / Samsung 870 QVO 4TB  |

TV Streaming PC: Intel Nuc CPU - i7 8th Gen | RAM - 16GB DDR4 2666mhz | Storage - 256GB WD Black M.2 NVME SSD |

Phone: Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4 - Phantom Black 512GB |

Side panels with fans seems to rare these days for newer case designs. I think something that can fit 2 or 3 intake fans with a mesh directly in front of the fans, 1 top exhaust fan and 1 rear exhaust is good enough for most situations. I wish cases with vertical GPU mounts had ventilation right where the GPU fans would be.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3950X   Motherboard: MSI X570 Gaming Edge Wifi   Case: Deepcool Maxtrexx 70   GPU: RTX 3090   RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 3x16GB 3200 MHz   PSU: Super Flower 850W

4 hours ago, JuztBe said:

Review below: 

Yup it is the best airflow case there for the price (250$ in India ? rather than 100$ anywhere) but as I'll be building for the first time will cable management be difficult for me

Also my mobo has 4 system fan headers and case also comes with 4 fans what if i add one more exhaust fan at top, will the temperature improve 

Here's my build 

17 hours ago, sahildale said:

Yup it is the best airflow case there for the price (250$ in India ? rather than 100$ anywhere) but as I'll be building for the first time will cable management be difficult for me

Also my mobo has 4 system fan headers and case also comes with 4 fans what if i add one more exhaust fan at top, will the temperature improve 

Here's my build 

Cable management will definitely take time. Get some extra either velkro straps or zip ties, comes a long way.

Well not sure about extra fan at the top. Impact should be negligible.

I just built an R5 2600 in a Thermaltake H15 case

Seems to have enough airflow