Computer keeps waking up when in sleep

Hey guys/girls 

The last two days I have had some issues with my computer. I didn't experience this before, it started two days ago and I can't find a solution. 

The problem is, every time I put the computer in sleep mode, it wakes up automatically, and I don't know how to stop it. The Command Promot gives me this when I run the powercfg -lastwake ;

Wake History Count - 1
Wake History [0]
  Wake Source Count - 1
  Wake Source [0]
    Type: Device
    Instance Path: PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_A36D&SUBSYS_86941043&REV_10\3&11583659&0&A0
    Friendly Name: Intel(R) USB 3.1 eXtensible Host Controller - 1.10 (Microsoft)
    Description: USB xHCI Compliant Host Controller
    Manufacturer: Generic USB xHCI Host Controller

Any help is appreciated 

2 hours ago, MirnesM said:

Hey guys/girls 

The last two days I have had some issues with my computer. I didn't experience this before, it started two days ago and I can't find a solution. 

The problem is, every time I put the computer in sleep mode, it wakes up automatically, and I don't know how to stop it. The Command Promot gives me this when I run the powercfg -lastwake ;

Wake History Count - 1
Wake History [0]
  Wake Source Count - 1
  Wake Source [0]
    Type: Device
    Instance Path: PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_A36D&SUBSYS_86941043&REV_10\3&11583659&0&A0
    Friendly Name: Intel(R) USB 3.1 eXtensible Host Controller - 1.10 (Microsoft)
    Description: USB xHCI Compliant Host Controller
    Manufacturer: Generic USB xHCI Host Controller

Any help is appreciated 

Well you have your answer, it is a USB device connected on your USB 3.1 Controller on your system.

Unplug it, or gi in Device Manager and disable the connected device from waking up the PC.

If it were my guess, it is your mouse that moves, probably you have a wired mouse, and the wire ever so slightly pushes the mouse.

11 hours ago, GoodBytes said:

in Device Manager and disable the connected device from waking up the PC.

Where would that option be in Device Manager?

44 minutes ago, Koeshi said:

Where would that option be in Device Manager?

The device in question Properties panel (double click on the device in question, to open the Properties panel).

Then look under the "Power Management" tab. If you don't see it, then the device you are looking at isn't the issue. For example, you will not see it on the USB controller, but you may see it on connected device to the USB controller.

Ah I got it now thanks, on the machine I have here it is an option for USB controllers not Mice/Keyboards which is were I was looking before.  This gives me something to look into when I get home as my partner has a similar issue to the OP.

19 minutes ago, Koeshi said:

Ah I got it now thanks, on the machine I have here it is an option for USB controllers not Mice/Keyboards which is were I was looking before.  This gives me something to look into when I get home as my partner has a similar issue to the OP.

Yea. The options will differ greatly between system configurations. Each USB controller and hardware all work differently. So may need to play around inside to see where that tab is, so that you can disable the option to allow it to wake the system. That is why I can't pin point you exactly the option, unless I have identical hardware as you.

On 5/21/2019 at 4:21 AM, GoodBytes said:

Well you have your answer, it is a USB device connected on your USB 3.1 Controller on your system.

Unplug it, or gi in Device Manager and disable the connected device from waking up the PC.

If it were my guess, it is your mouse that moves, probably you have a wired mouse, and the wire ever so slightly pushes the mouse.

So I went into Device Manager and disabled the mouse from waking the system up. Tried it and unfortunately, it didn't solve my problem. I have done the same thing for the Keyboard and still no solution. I use a G413 Carbon and a Razer Basilisk. 

30 minutes ago, MirnesM said:

So I went into Device Manager and disabled the mouse from waking the system up. Tried it and unfortunately, it didn't solve my problem. I have done the same thing for the Keyboard and still no solution. I use a G413 Carbon and a Razer Basilisk. 

It can be anything connected to that hub/controller and the hub/controller itself. It can be your printer if it connect on USB, from all we know. You need to dig.

Another way of ding it, is to unplug all USB devices and see if your problem is solved. If so, then plug each device one by one, until the problem comes back. if the problem remains than the controller/hub is at fault and you should disable it.