Logitech and others "new" charging pads for wireless mice

Tzztr Rrtr

When watching that video, and I know it's a bit old at this point, where Linus takes a look at the Logitech charging pad. Was I alone in thinking: "huh, I thought Linus would've heard about this happening over 10years ago already in a similar fashion.."?

I was kinda surprised, specially when he got all excited about it :D

I mean, it's cool and all, just not really all that fancy imo. I used to have this mouse https://www.pcreview.co.uk/articles/a4tech-wireless-battery-free-optical-mouse.51/.  And it was pretty neat^^

Haha, that thing looks amazing XD

I get what you mean, but that looks like a case of cool concept, WAAAAY ahead of it's time with obvious limitations. The A4tech mouse worked just as any other mouse, just wireless on that surface. 

Just thought it was worth mentioning and wondered if anyone else had heard of it, I know it's probably obscure but thought Linus might've heard about it

I think Linus mentioned that technology in one of his videos, I am pretty sure of it. But I forget which one. 

As for the A4tech, the technology failed to impress because wireless mouse isn't really a thing yet. Many mice at the time especially gaming are more focused on increasing sensor performance and if I remember it correctly wireless technology isn't as good as today, it had latency issues, jitter issues, accuracy issues, etc so most company still sticking to the good old wired tech back then. 

It's still a cool concept although it's kinda pointless since it cannot be used without the pad in other words you have to carry the pad with you and the pad still needs to be connected via USB. 

Gaming Mouse Buying Guide (Technical Terms,Optical vs Laser,Mice Recommendation,Popular Mouse Sensor,Etc)

[LOGITECH G402 REVIEW]

I love Dark Souls lore, Mice and Milk tea  ^_^ Praise The Sun! \[T]/

I can conquer the world with one hand,As long as you hold the other -Unknown

Its better to enjoy your own company than expecting someone to make you happy -Mr Bean

No one is going to be with you forever,One day u'll have to walk alone -Hiromi aoki (avery)

BUT the one who love us never really leave us,You can always find them here -Sirius Black

Don't pity the dead,Pity the living and above all those who live without love -Albus Dumbledore

True, yeah.

But imagine such a tech built into a whole Desk, and you can just put your normal mousepad anywhere on that desk and use the mouse on it, wirelessly, there would be a wire coming from the desk to your PC. It would be just at home, and probably kinda expensive but so cool :D 

And the mouse could be super lightweight too. It would only need a super small battery that prevents it form losing connection when you lift it up or sth, and that's it xD