ASUS Anti-Power Surge deactivated

Recently I had problems with my PC always turning off as soon as I start any game that needs a little bit... More... saying, Power Surges had been detected... And this 'more' starts with Minecraft Vanilla, which should be a game that I could even play modded not so long ago. I read a few threads and one just said to turn off ASUS Anti-Power Surge, because it soesn't work well. So I did just this and installed HWMonitor and started Minecraft unmodded. While doing so I observed the stats in HWMonitor and didn't see any drastic changes, but I still wanted to ask whether these statistics are normal or whether I should buy a new Power Supply Unit...

English isn't my mother language so sorry for grammatical mistakes or typos °-°

Thanks for any replies!

PC Statistiken 1.jpg

PC Statistiken 2.jpg

1 minute ago, NiGaBe said:

soesn't

Just found a typo myself...

"doesn't"

17 minutes ago, NiGaBe said:

Just found a typo myself...

"doesn't"

The voltages on the 5V and 12V rails seem concerningly low

Bethesda PC:   R7 3700X  -  Asrock B550 Extreme 4  -  Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 16GB@3.6GHz -  Zotac AMP Extreme 1080TI -  Samsung 860 Evo 256GB  -  WD Blue 2TB SSD -  500DX  -  Stock cooling lul  -  Rm650x

CrumpleBox V3:  Xeon X5680  -  Asus X58 Sabertooth  -  DDr3 16GB@1.33Ghz  -  Gigabyte 1660s -  TT smart RGB 700W  -  

Cooler Master Storm Trooper  -  120GB Samsung 850 Pro   -  LTT Edition Chromax NH-D15 ?

CrumpleBox 3 ROTF: I5-6400  -  MSI B150m Mortar  -  16GB 2133Mhz Vengeance Pro RGB  -  Strix 1070Ti - GTX 1070 FE  -  Adata 128GB SSD  -  Fractal Design Define C  -  Gammaxx 400V2  -  Cooler Master silent pro gold 1000W

CrumpleBox 2: i7-7820x - MSI X299 Raider - 32GB Thermaltake Toughram 3.6Ghz - 2x Sapphire Nitro Fury - 128GB PCie Adata SSD - O11 Dynamic - EVGA CLC 360 - Corsair RM1000X

Perhiperals:  Gateway 900p60 monitor  -  Dell 1024x768@75  -  Logi. G403 Carbon  -  Logi. G502  -  SteSer. Arctis 5  -  SteSer. Rival 110 - Corsair Strafe RGB MK.2

24 minutes ago, NiGaBe said:

Recently I had problems with my PC always turning off as soon as I start any game that needs a little bit... More... saying, Power Surges had been detected... And this 'more' starts with Minecraft Vanilla, which should be a game that I could even play modded not so long ago. I read a few threads and one just said to turn off ASUS Anti-Power Surge, because it soesn't work well. So I did just this and installed HWMonitor and started Minecraft unmodded. While doing so I observed the stats in HWMonitor and didn't see any drastic changes, but I still wanted to ask whether these statistics are normal or whether I should buy a new Power Supply Unit...

English isn't my mother language so sorry for grammatical mistakes or typos °-°

Thanks for any replies!

Yeah looks like you PSU isnt giving the demanded Voltages.
Best to not try and force it to much. If the PSU is not full of dust then you might need a replacement.

When i ask for more specs, don't expect me to know the answer!
I'm just helping YOU to help YOURSELF!
(The more info you give the easier it is for others to help you out!)

Not willing to capitulate to the ignorance of the masses!

3 minutes ago, GrockleTD said:

The voltages on the 5V and 12V rails seem concerningly low

Is there some way to fix? If not, what is the cause and if yes, how?

Thanks for the answer

1 minute ago, HanZie82 said:

Yeah looks like you PSU isnt giving the demanded Voltages.
Best to not try and force it to much. If the PSU is not full of dust then you might need a replacement.

So do I need a new one fast or should I be able to use it rtaher normal until I get a new PSU?

1 minute ago, NiGaBe said:

So do I need a new one fast or should I be able to use it rtaher normal until I get a new PSU?

Well, it depends how much do you like the rest of your hardware?
I dont think less voltage could really break things, but if thats already happening what else could happen.
Since this should NOT really happen to be honest. Most good PSU's sense that the voltage is WAY to low and shut down the PSU completely.

So yes getting a new one fast is the best to keep the PC running. (Even if its just to save the other hardware from breaking).

Okay... And could this be caused by bad wiring inside the computer?

4 minutes ago, NiGaBe said:

Okay... And could this be caused by bad wiring inside the computer?

As far as i know yes, but i think that would also give more erratic voltages. And yours are just lower.
It might be as easy as a capacitor that needs to be replacing in the PSU. But it could also be several components, it's really hard to tell. 

(I personally would not chance the rest of my system breaking because of a faulty PSU).

ps. But i think its clearly the PSU since the PC shuts down when you put a load (Minecraft) on it. Since i think 10,5V is the lowest it will go and then shut of since thats to low to run a PC. (Same for the 5V they are both continuously checked, by a good PSU).

1 minute ago, HanZie82 said:

As far as i know yes, but i think that would also give more erratic voltages. And yours are just lower.
It might be as easy as a capacitor that needs to be replaced.

But i think its clearly the PSU since the PC shuts down when you put a load (Minecraft) on it. Since i think 10,5V is the lowest it will go and then shut of since thats to low to run a PC. (Same for the 5V they are both continuously checked, by a good PSU).

Okay thanks for the info!

What model PSU do you have? If unsure take a photo of the label on the PSU.

System specs?

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

• 1 month later...

I fixed it by exchanging the PSU, thanks for the answers and sry for the late answer from my side!

I have same problem....nice to see this thread, will try later test

My old PSU is antec EDGE 550 gold i change with seasonic prime ultra platinum 750 and problem still appear