Problems with graphics card

mikeybal

Okay so right now I'm a bit angry, because I just built my new computer and was all excited to figure out that all my games are crashing. When I launch CSGO it crashes with this error code:

"Your graphics hardware does not support all features (CSM) needed to run this game.

When I launch Minecraft it crashes with this:

"The game crashed whilst initializing game
Error: java.lang.IllegalStateException: GLFW error 65542: WGL: The driver does not appear to support OpenGL"

I've tried updating drivers but mine is the newest, I've tried clean install of drivers, I tried to said solution to do a scan from command prompt, I've even reset the whole PC. Nothing works.

Really would like some help here, don't know what to do anymore. I don't know if I should go to BestBuy because I'm not sure they'd be able to help or not. Please.

What are your specs? 

Might also be that you installed the wrong drivers

Ryzen 3 2200g on Asrock B450m Pro4, with Rx 570 and 8gb ram

Before I reset the PC, I did a clean uninstall of all drivers the installed the one for the Rx 570, still diddn't work

4 minutes ago, mikeybal said:

don't know what to do anymore

Uh, what's your PC's specs?

CPU: Intel Core i7-950 Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R CPU Cooler: NZXT HAVIK 140 RAM: Corsair Dominator DDR3-1600 (1x2GB), Crucial DDR3-1600 (2x4GB), Crucial Ballistix Sport DDR3-1600 (1x4GB) GPU: ASUS GeForce GTX 770 DirectCU II 2GB SSD: Samsung 860 EVO 2.5" 1TB HDDs: WD Green 3.5" 1TB, WD Blue 3.5" 1TB PSU: Corsair AX860i & CableMod ModFlex Cables Case: Fractal Design Meshify C TG (White) Fans: 2x Dynamic X2 GP-12 Monitors: LG 24GL600F, Samsung S24D390 Keyboard: Logitech G710+ Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum Mouse Pad: Steelseries QcK Audio: Bose SoundSport In-Ear Headphones

8 minutes ago, r2724r16 said:

Uh, what's your PC's specs?

ryzen 3 2200g on asrock b450m pro4 with rx 570 gpu and 2x4gb ram 

sounds driver related as your specs should have no trouble - try using DDU and reinstall the latest drivers for your video card. also go into DXdiag and make sure everything is ok.

Did you install the chipset/VGA drivers and BIOS update?

Please quote my post, or put @paddy-stone if you want me to respond to you.

Spoiler
  • PCs:- 
  • Main PC build  https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/2K6Q7X
  • ASUS x53e  - i7 2670QM / Sony BD writer x8 / Win 10, Elemetary OS, Ubuntu/ Samsung 830 SSD
  • Lenovo G50 - 8Gb RAM - Samsung 860 Evo 250GB SSD - DVD writer
  •  
  • Displays:-
  • Philips 55 OLED 754 model
  • Panasonic 55" 4k TV
  • LG 29" Ultrawide
  • Philips 24" 1080p monitor as backup
  •  
  • Storage/NAS/Servers:-
  • ESXI/test build  https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/4wyR9G
  • Main Server https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/3Qftyk
  • Backup server - HP Proliant Gen 8 4 bay NAS running FreeNAS ZFS striped 3x3TiB WD reds
  • HP ProLiant G6 Server SE316M1 Twin Hex Core Intel Xeon E5645 2.40GHz 48GB RAM
  •  
  • Gaming/Tablets etc:-
  • Xbox One S 500GB + 2TB HDD
  • PS4
  • Nvidia Shield TV
  • Xiaomi/Pocafone F2 pro 8GB/256GB
  • Xiaomi Redmi Note 4

• Unused Hardware currently :-
  • 4670K MSI mobo 16GB ram
  • i7 6700K  b250 mobo
  • Zotac GTX 1060 6GB Amp! edition
  • Zotac GTX 1050 mini

Make sure your graphics card is plugged in all the way, and look for all the drivers you need for your gpu

try that

6 minutes ago, JordenForkKnife said:

Make sure your graphics card is plugged in all the way, and look for all the drivers you need for your gpu

try that

I have all the drivers and I just took my card out then reinstalled. 

-= Topics Merged =-

We do not allow multiple postings of the same topic, it is considered spamming.

Please refrain from doing so.

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

55 minutes ago, mikeybal said:

I have all the drivers and I just took my card out then reinstalled. 

Did you DDU the drivers then reinstall? Also make sure Windows and Bios is up to date. Was the GPU bought used?

Main Desktop: CPU - i9-14900k | Mobo - Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite AX DDR4 | GPU - ASUS TUF Gaming OC RTX 4090 RAM - Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 64GB 3600mhz | AIO - H150i Pro XT | PSU - Corsair RM1000X | Case - Phanteks P500A Digital - White | Storage - Samsung 970 Pro M.2 NVME SSD 512GB / Sabrent Rocket 1TB Nvme / Samsung 860 Evo Pro 500GB / Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2tb Nvme / Samsung 870 QVO 4TB  |

TV Streaming PC: Intel Nuc CPU - i7 8th Gen | RAM - 16GB DDR4 2666mhz | Storage - 256GB WD Black M.2 NVME SSD |

Phone: Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4 - Phantom Black 512GB |

23 hours ago, SpookyCitrus said:

Did you DDU the drivers then reinstall? Also make sure Windows and Bios is up to date. Was the GPU bought used?

It was bought used

On 5/20/2019 at 10:35 AM, JordenForkKnife said:

try that

I pushed down quite hard on the graphics card to make sure it's in, anymore and I'm scared I will break something. But I didn't hear any click from the retention slot. Is it supposed to be relatively audible?

On 5/20/2019 at 10:16 AM, paddy-stone said:

Did you install the chipset/VGA drivers and BIOS update?

not sure what the chipset vga drivers are but I'm going to try to do a BIOS update, just not completely sure how to at the moment. i'll learn

On 5/20/2019 at 10:09 AM, lordoftime79 said:

sounds driver related as your specs should have no trouble - try using DDU and reinstall the latest drivers for your video card. also go into DXdiag and make sure everything is ok.

that's the thing, dxdiag is showing me that there are problems, even though I have reinstalled driver multiple times

can we get a screenshot of the dxdiag errors? that would help

1 hour ago, mikeybal said:

It was bought used

I've dealt with a few GPUs that have had this issue, opengl crashes and driver errors. A lot of the time it's because the card is running a modded firmware for mining, very common these days when buying cards for cheap on the used market. If DDU and fresh drivers aren't working then I'd flash the card with the correct firmware it's supposed to have and then DDU and reinstall drivers again. I've had several people come in, in the last few months that bought a card from some local classified and had the same issues. Every one of them was modded firmware. But sometimes you can just get a bad card. But you should definitely flash the right firmware onto it just to be sure.

Main Desktop: CPU - i9-14900k | Mobo - Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite AX DDR4 | GPU - ASUS TUF Gaming OC RTX 4090 RAM - Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 64GB 3600mhz | AIO - H150i Pro XT | PSU - Corsair RM1000X | Case - Phanteks P500A Digital - White | Storage - Samsung 970 Pro M.2 NVME SSD 512GB / Sabrent Rocket 1TB Nvme / Samsung 860 Evo Pro 500GB / Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2tb Nvme / Samsung 870 QVO 4TB  |

TV Streaming PC: Intel Nuc CPU - i7 8th Gen | RAM - 16GB DDR4 2666mhz | Storage - 256GB WD Black M.2 NVME SSD |

7 hours ago, SpookyCitrus said:

But sometimes you can just get a bad card. But you should definitely flash the right firmware onto it just to be sure.

May I ask how to flash the firmware?

First you need to get the stock bios for your specific card same model and everything, and use ATIFLASH to flash the bios onto the card, it can brick your card if you do it wrong, then it's a whole new can of worms, so you have to make sure you feel comfortable doing it. I will also link a guide that explains how to do it step by step in detail, as it would be hard to explain it on here, you can probably find a video or two on how to do it as well. If you don't feel comfortable doing it then a local repair/service shop in your area might. You can call them and see if they do and what the price would be.

ATIFLASH:

https://www.techpowerup.com/download/ati-atiflash/

Guide on how to do it:

https://www.techpowerup.com/forums/threads/amd-ati-flashing-guide.212849/

5 minutes ago, SpookyCitrus said:

First you need to get the stock bios for your specific card same model and everything, and use ATIFLASH to flash the bios onto the card, it can brick your card if you do it wrong, then it's a whole new can of worms, so you have to make sure you feel comfortable doing it. I will also link a guide that explains how to do it step by step in detail, as it would be hard to explain it on here, you can probably find a video or two on how to do it as well. If you don't feel comfortable doing it then a local repair/service shop in your area might. You can call them and see if they do and what the price would be.

ATIFLASH:

https://www.techpowerup.com/download/ati-atiflash/

Guide on how to do it:

https://www.techpowerup.com/forums/threads/amd-ati-flashing-guide.212849/

I did it. It installed the bios and said my pc needed to reboot. Screen turned off and hasn't turned back on. I turned PC off, then back on, checked inside, all fans are working including gpu fans, yet the screen wont turn on. I'm pretty f***ing scared I just destroyed my PC

Turn your PC off, unplug the power cable from it and remove the cmos battery from the motherboard, leave it out for 5 minutes then put it back in and power the computer on, if there is still no display you may have flashed the wrong bios onto it, did you make sure it was the stock bios for you exact GPU? Same model and everything? Was it a ROM file? Like I said it's a complicated process and it's always better to have a professional that has done it before do it before attempting it yourself especially if you're new to this kind of thing. 

If it still doesn't turn on you can try this https://www.overclock.net/forum/74-graphics-cards-general/593427-how-unbrick-your-bricked-graphics-card-fix-failed-bios-flash.html but like I said before these are pretty complicated and if you don't feel comfortable doing it you NEED to take it into a shop that can fix it. Call around tell them you flashed the wrong bios onto the card and see if anyone can fix it. Some will either know exactly what to do or won't.

11 hours ago, SpookyCitrus said:

did you make sure it was the stock bios for you exact GPU? Same model and everything? Was it a ROM file?

there was only 2 options and mine was the red dragon one so i chose that one, so it couldn't really have been the wrong bios

https://www.techpowerup.com/vgabios/?architecture=AMD&manufacturer=Powercolor&model=RX+570&interface=&memType=&memSize=&since=

think i will remove graphics card and use my integrated vega graphics to make sure everything is ok besides gpu, then i will take to a computer shop for help.

If it costs too much to fix, just going to return the card since there were initial driver problems and its second hand