Noctua NH-D15 bent heatpipes from transport

M.Baker

I had a new computer built and delivered.

It looks like the heatpipes got bent somewhere down the line.

I can;t imagine any other reason for it to look like this.

My question is apart from the looks, is it ok just to leave it as it is.

It is cooling quite well.

I don't really like how close it is to the graphics card but I think only a problem if it bends more.

Is it safe to  just leave it like it is or should I take it back and get them to straighten it out?

this.thumb.jpg.a6c2a61358c2068a342b0bb46ce836c7.jpg

Did you buy it brand new? Because then rma it, that's not how they should've shipped a cooler like this. 

Do you have a close up shot of the baseplate where it connects to the cpu? Because this looks like it lost some contact or something. 

Gaming HTPC:

R5 5600X - Cryorig C7 - Asus ROG B350-i - EVGA RTX2060KO - 16gb G.Skill Ripjaws V 3333mhz - Corsair SF450 - 500gb 960 EVO - LianLi TU100B

Desktop PC:
R9 3900X - Peerless Assassin 120 SE - Asus Prime X570 Pro - Powercolor 7900XT - 32gb LPX 3200mhz - Corsair SF750 Platinum - 1TB WD SN850X - CoolerMaster NR200 White - Gigabyte M27Q-SA - Corsair K70 Rapidfire - Logitech MX518 Legendary - HyperXCloud Alpha wireless

Boss-NAS [Build Log]:
R5 2400G - Noctua NH-D14 - Asus Prime X370-Pro - 16gb G.Skill Aegis 3000mhz - Seasonic Focus Platinum 550W - Fractal Design R5 - 
250gb 970 Evo (OS) - 2x500gb 860 Evo (Raid0) - 6x4TB WD Red (RaidZ2)

Synology-NAS:
DS920+
2x4TB Ironwolf - 1x18TB Seagate Exos X20

Audio Gear:

Hifiman HE-400i - Kennerton Magister - Beyerdynamic DT880 250Ohm - AKG K7XX - Fostex TH-X00 - O2 Amp/DAC Combo - 
Klipsch RP280F - Klipsch RP160M - Klipsch RP440C - Yamaha RX-V479

Reviews and Stuff:

GTX 780 DCU2 // 8600GTS // Hifiman HE-400i // Kennerton Magister
Folding all the Proteins! // Boincerino

Useful Links:
Do you need an AMP/DAC? // Recommended Audio Gear // PSU Tier List 

I would be worried about what it did to the cpu/mobo with that much force. I would send it back.

Forgive me El Guapo. I know that I, Jefe, do not have your superior intellect and education...

Hard to tell from that angle if it's twisted or drooping. Can u take a photo straight on from the side?

Black Knight-

Ryzen 5 5600, GIGABYTE B550M DS3H, 16Gb Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000mhz, Asrock RX 6800 XT Phantom Gaming,

Seasonic Focus GM 750, Samsung EVO 860 EVO SSD M.2, Intel 660p Series M.2 2280 1TB PCIe NVMe, Linux Mint 20.2 Cinnamon

Daughter's Rig;

MSI B450 A Pro, Ryzen 5 3600x, 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000mhz, Silicon Power A55 512GB SSD, Gigabyte RX 5700 Gaming OC, Corsair CX430

Pretty hard to get a good  close up shot of the baseplate but it is solid and cooling well.

yeah it is straight from the side view it is just tilting down a lot. There is no twist.

yeah I hate to think what it did to the cpu/mobo too but I don't think they going to change everything if I do take it back, they would just change the cooler or straighten it out.

I live in a remote area, its a very long drive and I will not  trust a delivery service again.  I would like to just leave it if its safe to do so.

If it 's going to droop more over time and get any closer to the graphics card I wont like that much though.

8 minutes ago, M.Baker said:

Pretty hard to get a good  close up shot of the baseplate but it is solid and cooling well.

yeah it is straight from the side view it is just tilting down a lot. There is no twist.

yeah I hate to think what it did to the cpu/mobo too but I don't think they going to change everything if I do take it back, they would just change the cooler or straighten it out.

I live in a remote area, its a very long drive and I will not  trust a delivery service again.  I would like to just leave it if its safe to do so.

If it 's going to droop more over time and get any closer to the graphics card I wont like that much though.

I would still send it back - I mean you bought it brand new right. Did they not have any foam packaging inside the case? (Those inflatable ones)

MSI B450 Pro Gaming Pro Carbon AC | AMD Ryzen 2700x  | NZXT  Kraken X52  MSI GeForce RTX2070 Armour | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4*8) 3200MhZ | Samsung 970 evo M.2nvme 500GB Boot  / Samsung 860 evo 500GB SSD | Corsair RM550X (2018) | Fractal Design Meshify C white | Logitech G pro WirelessGigabyte Aurus AD27QD 

Yes there was packing inside the case but I don't know if it was those inflatable ones.

I thought maybe that  could be another way it could have got bent if they just pushed in the packing without being careful.

• 1 year later...

I have two of these and they both came bent out of the box.  No difference in performance.

On 12/26/2020 at 12:42 PM, Moosedoctor said:

I have two of these and they both came bent out of the box.  No difference in performance.

Please don't revive old threads. Locked.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv