Windows still measing up with my wifi drivers/card

Go to solution Solved by Wing_Assault,

Guys, I figured it out. It was a bug in the power plan. I switched from max performance to balanced and tweaked the settings. Now its running like charm. Waiting for the next windows update hoping they will fix this issue

Guys last night I updated my windows. I have a Qualcomm wifi card and its respective driver. My wifi router can support speed upto 10Mbps (1 MBps). But after update I am only getting speeds upto 400Kbps which is insane. I am only reciveing the native speed only by sitting just near therouter. I did a driver update and it no change was seen. I uninstalled and installed the wifi driver again and still showed no promise. Further I did a troubleshoot and saw some errors which was fixed automatically, still no improvement in speed.

Spoiler

This was the problem I mentioned yesturday.

I reverted the update and the problem seemed to be solved. But after reinstalling my AMD radeon drivers it kicked back again. But this time when ever I plugged in the charger, I cant even connect to my wifi. Wifi works pretty well if I unplug the charger. Should I restore windows to its factory version? Guys please help I cant play fortnite ?

I hate weird errors like this. But sadly it could be a number of things. Im assuming you're on a 2.4ghz band. Is anyone on the connection? What devices do you have in between your router and computer? Problems like this typically solve themselves. Maybe give it a night. Sorry my knowledge of this is mediocre at best. 

• CPU
    A fat 92 core Pussy
  • Motherboard
    Oh just lay'r on that rock ye' thatll do it
  • RAM
    27.3GB DDR9
  • GPU
    Gods eye
  • Case
    Walmart Shopping Cart
  • Storage
    19tb usb flash drive with windows vista!
  • PSU
    potato wired up via outlet and two wires.
  • Display(s)
    2.1 inch 144hz tn panel
  • Cooling
    Magazine
  • Keyboard
    Dunno. Its beige
  • Mouse
    Beige
  • Sound
    Beige
  • Operating System
    Vista ya heard me

15 minutes ago, FuckYourAdsLinus said:

I hate weird errors like this. But sadly it could be a number of things. Im assuming you're on a 2.4ghz band. Is anyone on the connection? What devices do you have in between your router and computer? Problems like this typically solve themselves. Maybe give it a night. Sorry my knowledge of this is mediocre at best. 

I am using a laptop. It's in a star topology with other devices in my house (cause wifi). I've waited 2 nights and no progress at all. I cant play any games cause the dedicated graphics will only switch on only if I plug in. 

Try release and renewing the ipv4 address. Doubt itll work but its worth a shot. Ill take to the internet for you. In the meantime, if you have an android device you can tether your wifi connection to your laptop via usb. This honestly seems like a hardware issue though considering plugging in your charger causes it to malfunction. 

• CPU
    A fat 92 core Pussy
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    27.3GB DDR9
  • GPU
    Gods eye
  • Case
    Walmart Shopping Cart
  • Storage
  • PSU
  • Display(s)
    2.1 inch 144hz tn panel
  • Cooling
    Magazine
  • Keyboard
    Dunno. Its beige
  • Mouse
    Beige
  • Sound
    Beige
  • Operating System
    Vista ya heard me

51 minutes ago, FuckYourAdsLinus said:

Try release and renewing the ipv4 address. Doubt itll work but its worth a shot. Ill take to the internet for you. In the meantime, if you have an android device you can tether your wifi connection to your laptop via usb. This honestly seems like a hardware issue though considering plugging in your charger causes it to malfunction. 

I think it's a bug in the os

Edited by I want Answers

Maybe try to rollback the update. Should he anle to do that in the recovery mode or whatever its called. 

• CPU
    A fat 92 core Pussy
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    27.3GB DDR9
  • GPU
    Gods eye
  • Case
    Walmart Shopping Cart
  • Storage
  • PSU
  • Display(s)
    2.1 inch 144hz tn panel
  • Cooling
    Magazine
  • Keyboard
    Dunno. Its beige
  • Mouse
    Beige
  • Sound
    Beige
  • Operating System
    Vista ya heard me

Guys, I figured it out. It was a bug in the power plan. I switched from max performance to balanced and tweaked the settings. Now its running like charm. Waiting for the next windows update hoping they will fix this issue