Price me, computer bros

aisle9

This has been slightly cobbled together out of a few advantageous trades and a couple of good sniped purchases. Throw a number at me:

Xeon X3470

HP prebuilt board (from a Pro 3130 MT)

8GB RAM

1TB HDD (undecided on adding an SSD)

GTX 1050

300W Lite-On PSU

Case is up in the air. It's currently in a Rosewill Ranger-M, but I'm considering moving it into a Cooler Master Elite 360 that I've been cleaning up. That's dependent upon finding a PSU that's SFX, cheap and not made by Diablotek (yes, I own a Diablotek 380W SFX PSU for some reason or another).

There will be a blue LED strip in whichever case before it's sold.

What kind of number would you throw on this for sale? I'm thinking I can get right around $300 for it, maybe $350 if I throw in the SSD.

Aerocool DS are the best fans you've never tried.

oh god that psu. I would maybe pay 300 for it and change out the psu immediately

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

450-500

I'm gonna go find my own tech support...

with BLACKJACK and HOOKERS!

(Welcome to LTT Forums)

16 minutes ago, Shreyas1 said:

oh god that psu. I would maybe pay 300 for it and change out the psu immediately

99% of the time with prebuilts, you're right. Lite-On and Delta PSUs are as good as any other midrange product out there because their origins lie in server units, which have to be 100% reliable. Also, the companies that make them aren't known for slashing corners to cut cash. Rule of thumb with prebuilt PSUs: if it's Lite-On or Delta and the wattage is enough, keep it. If it's anything else, kill it with fire before it kills you with fire.

6 minutes ago, aisle9 said:

99% of the time with prebuilts, you're right. Lite-On and Delta PSUs are as good as any other midrange product out there because their origins lie in server units, which have to be 100% reliable. Also, the companies that make them aren't known for slashing corners to cut cash. Rule of thumb with prebuilt PSUs: if it's Lite-On or Delta and the wattage is enough, keep it. If it's anything else, kill it with fire before it kills you with fire.

interesting. I knew about delta but not lite-on.

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

14 minutes ago, Shreyas1 said:

Yep, they're both great and I trust them completely.

AcBels, on the other hand, love to go straight to AcHell after a couple years. I don't know how many old HPs I've taken in to flip and found that the problem was the dead Bestec PSU. OEMs love to spend as little as possible, so if they tell Chin Chan's Chinese Firecracker Factory that they need a power supply which can put out 300W and has a warranty period of 3 years, Chin Chan will give them a Chinese firecracker that will put out 300W and not a Watt more, and on day 1,096 there will be a loud bang and celebratory smoke as the PSU fulfills its destiny.

42 minutes ago, Shreyas1 said:

Lite-On makes tons of laptop chargers, brands like Acer/Dell etc all feature Lite-On adapters

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600  Heatsink: ID-Cooling Frostflow X GPU: Zotac GTX 1060 Mini 6GB RAM: KLEVV Bolt 3600Mhz (2x8GB) Mobo: ASUS B550-F ROG Strix (Wifi)  Case: Fractal Design Meshify C PSU: Deepcool DQ-M-V2L