HDD to SSD migration with no enough space.

Go to solution Solved by Electronics Wizardy,

If you only want the os, just do a fresh install on the new ssd.

I have a laptop (Dell Inspiron 7559) which I want to install a ssd. The problem is, the disk has only one partition right now with all my applications and games data and OS data in it (C drive). The full storage is 1tb and now 700gb ++ has been consumed. Im thinking of buying a samsung 860 evo ssd 250gb. Is there any way to transfer only the bootable OS to the new ssd? 

If i really need to delete or uninstall all my apps, is there any easy way to backup and restore? Please provide detailed instruction on that.

1557982015941748735829914211447.jpg

1 minute ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

If you only want the os, just do a fresh install on the new ssd.

Well, can you please provide instruction please? I'm bad at this 'Installing OS' thing. Or at least send a link that can help. Im afraid to follow wrong instruction.

Later, will i need to reinstall all my apps back? Or it will be ready to used (apps such as matlab, adobe, steam, microsoft etc)

59 minutes ago, Ayman98 said:

Well, can you please provide instruction please? I'm bad at this 'Installing OS' thing. Or at least send a link that can help. Im afraid to follow wrong instruction.

Later, will i need to reinstall all my apps back? Or it will be ready to used (apps such as matlab, adobe, steam, microsoft etc)

a reinstall will give you a clean windows install

following the microsoft guide, download the os from their site and put it on a usb with their tool.