CPU throttle clock under 1.00GHz Please Help

Hi, I have a Dell laptop with Intel core i5-4300M witch base clock is at 2.60GHz usually when i have been playing Minecraft it was fine on CPU throttle my laptop can do above 100FPS in Minecraft and yesterday i started my laptop and i played Minecraft for about 20 min. than my FPS went to 40-5 i opened task manager  and i looked at my CPU speed and it was on 0.77GHz and i disabled SpeedStep and my Cpu is sitting only at max 72C so i dont understand. I tried Throttle stop i tried changing Power plan to High Performance, Power Saving, Balanced. Non of them worked so i am here asking for help please help me, because when i cant play Minecraft than i cant play any game because Minecraft is very low end game so please help me.

Thank you!

monitor temperatures with hwmonitor and report back please, because my 4200M always turbod upto 3.2ghz even in games

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

sorry i forgot to say that my cpu is at max at 72C, my can turbo there too but after 15-21 min. it goes to 0.77@

Use ThrottleStop to disable BD PROCHOT.  This is usually what causes many Dell laptops to get stuck at their lowest speed.  Do not disable SpeedStep. 

Post some ThrottleStop pics if you need help.  It has a lot of different tricks that can help with a lot of different throttling problems.

like whan you have the colon for BD PROe.PNG.5fccd6cd07677af0d62246a71721ac2b.PNGCHOT you uncheck it so it looks like that?

or the other way?

Look at your CPU speed.  Does it show 0.77 GHz any more?  No it does not.  Your screenshot shows 2494 MHz.  Clearing the BD PROCHOT box was a good idea.

ThrottleStop also shows that Throttle has a black dot beside it.  Your CPU is still throttling.  The CPU is well under its 37 Watt TDP limit and it is also well under its 100°C thermal throttling limit so there is no reason that it should be throttling.  It is not as bad as before but there is still lots of room for improvement. 

Open up the FIVR window and on the right hand side, have a look for the Disable and Lock Turbo Power Limits feature.  There should be a button beside that which says Install.  Click on the Install button and follow the directions.  You will need to download the RwDrv.zip file from Mega. 

https://mega.nz/#!CNNA0SoC!Z2Xi2icwX4d4jzW016dKnKGhVglWmSSPpgiRU7VCG6g

Unzip that and copy the RwDrv.sys file into your ThrottleStop folder.  Close and reopen the FIVR window.  If you installed the driver correctly, the Install button should be gone.  Now you can check the Disable and Lock Turbo Power Limits option.  Once done, click OK and head out to the main screen and see if Throttle is still activated.  Click on the Limits button to open up the Limit Reasons window.  If your CPU is still throttling, you should see something in Limit Reasons lit up in red.  Yellow boxes are a record of previous throttling.  Red boxes show that throttling is in progress. 

Post some more screenshots.  You might need to make some power limit adjustments in the TPL window as well.  

The more info you post, the better the chance that I can help you solve your problems.  ThrottleStop was specifically written to help out many Dell laptops with their throttling problems.

ok i did it, i also tryed turning the cpu core ofset to negative does it help or it doesnt do enything good?

Captureerag.PNG

and i did the same thing for cache and gpu

please help me it is still going under its base clock

Did you try increasing the Power Limits in the TPL window yet?  I am still waiting for you to post some screenshots of Limit Reasons and the TPL window while your CPU is throttling.

On 5/15/2019 at 12:53 PM, Daby said:

i disabled SpeedStep

LOL, don't do that.

Try locking the non turbo ration to 26.

On 5/17/2019 at 3:23 PM, unclewebb said:

ThrottleStop

you know what you shouldn't do? You shouldn't make old versions expire because "PeOpLe DoN'T SeNd FeEdBaCk". Now that is an immature thing to do. People won't provide feedback on your software? Better make it stop working past a certain date!! That'll show them!

On 5/18/2019 at 4:18 AM, Daby said:

and i did the same thing for cache and gpu

Take apart your laptop and clean it. Sometimes stuff can get places it shouldn't be. My old HP had a problem where half the keyboard wouldn't work, turns out there was just debris inside the laptop and cleaning it fixed the problem.

ucnlewebb's software isn't fixing your issue despite him trying very hard and not even doing a good job helping.

Your laptop isn't throttling nor is it exceeding its power limits, the throttling isn't an issue some poorly coded piece of software can fix. Download Intel Extreme Tuning Utility, it has most of the options that ThrottleStop has without the overwhelming nature of "too many useless buttons".

Once Intel XTU is installed, you're going to want to monitor how the CPU behaves while you're playing minecraft and post some screenshots of the graphs that are showing so we can investigate what's happening with the CPU, as ThrottleStop's verbose logging option is extremely bad for the mundane user.

Sorry about my spelling sometimes. My $1200 laptop has a $2 keyboard.

yea it is power limit throtteling but any time i try to match the turbo boost power max with the turbo boost short power max and i hit apply and reboot every time XTU resets it to default idk why 748745437_LTTForum1.thumb.PNG.47c93810597dc40b62aa44baf22d594d.PNG

and i have another problem: my CPU and GPU are not overclocking they are both stuck at  they base clock and i did nothing to them and my GPU at least overclocked more than 300 MHz up then base clock but it doesnt now 

3 hours ago, Daby said:

i hit apply and reboot every time XTU resets it to default

That is one of the many problems with XTU.  It is not reliable and you can never be sure if it is applying the settings or not.  When you take the time to examine the values in various registers within the CPU, sometimes you will find that Intel XTU has not changed anything.  It might look like it has made a change but it really hasn't.  People without much experience with laptops like to recommend XTU because it was written by Intel.  That is bad advice.  

On 5/21/2019 at 12:58 PM, BleachedFur said:

Take apart your laptop and clean it.

Now there is some excellent advice.  Even though your CPU is not overheating, there might be other components within your laptop that are full of dust.  Have you ever had it apart?  A thorough cleaning is the best place to start.

Intel XTU shows your CPU at a Package Power of 17 Watts which is well under its rated 37 Watt TDP.  It also shows Power Limit Throttling which means one of the power limits has been set way too low.  The turbo power limits are duplicated within the CPU.  If all of the limits are not in sync, the CPU will use the lowest value.  If one of these was accidentally set to zero then you will end up with constant power limit throttling. 

If you cannot solve this problem with Intel XTU then you might as well uninstall it.  It is a resource hog that takes up 10 times as much memory and 10 times as many CPU cycles compared to ThrottleStop.

10 minutes ago, unclewebb said:

It is not reliable and you can never be sure if it is applying the settings or not.

Just like ThrottleStop!

11 minutes ago, unclewebb said:

It also shows Power Limit Throttling which means one of the power limits has been set way too low. 

Probably within the BIOS.

4 hours ago, Daby said:

are both stuck at  they base clock and i did nothing to them and my GPU at least overclocked more than 300 MHz up then base clock but it doesnt now 

Update your BIOS. If you don't feel comfortable with that, reset it to default settings. There might be a corrupt or improperly set setting.

12 minutes ago, unclewebb said:

It is a resource hog that takes up 10 times as much memory and 10 times as many CPU cycles compared to ThrottleStop.

At least it has a readable graph.

and what about the gpu issue? i still dont know what to do... i have updated BIOS and it did nothing

23 hours ago, BleachedFur said:

Probably within the BIOS.

1 hour ago, Daby said:

i have updated BIOS and it did nothing

It is always a good idea to update to the latest bios.  Unfortunately, the bios that Dell uses does not give users access to the turbo power limits so it is not surprising that this did not solve the problem.  

Have you disassembled your laptop and cleaned it yet?  After you get your laptop cleaned up, if you are still having problems, delete Intel XTU, send me a message and I will be happy to help you further just like the thousands of other users I have helped.    

12 minutes ago, unclewebb said:

Unfortunately, the bios that Dell uses does not give users access to the turbo power limits so it is not surprising that this did not solve the problem.  

AMI Bios Editor can fix that, I unlocked BCLK, RAM timings, RAM OC, voltage, turbo power limit adjustments, etc. on my Inspiron 15 Gaming 7567. My DDR4 2400 is now running at 3200Mhz CL13. BCLK isn't currently sticking past a shut down but it's usable if I just restart. I've even forced all-core turbo on the 7300HQ.

Given he's using a Haswell based laptop I doubt he (or I) would have to go to the extra lengths I did for my newer laptop to bypass BIOS write protection.

If he can pull his current BIOS with the Universal BIOS Backup Toolkit I can edit the BIOS and see what stuff I can unlock, that might fix his problem AND give him some iGPU OC options. I have a 1050 Ti in my laptop so I don't need to OC the iGPU.

1 hour ago, Daby said:

and what about the gpu issue? i still dont know what to do... i have updated BIOS and it did nothing

see what I wrote above. Grab the Universal BIOS Backup Toolkit from MajorGeeks and send me the .ROM file after pulling the BIOS. I'll investigate.

In the meantime, enable flashing older BIOS versions and flash an older BIOS from pre-Spectre. Dell has old versions on their support page. It's possible that the new BIOS is flawed and an older version might fix your problems, I had to roll back to model release BIOS on mine.

so i download some universal BIOS updater and than it will do something ,good at last?

the cpu is throtteling again please help quick 

help.PNG

can someone help me please