Want to Sell laptop or More RAM

Hello all yes that is what my title says but I don’t want to sell my laptop off of LTT forum. However, I have the Dell Inspiron 7000-7576. I have had it for a bit one year and let me tell you it’s slow. I have reinstalled Windows but that did nothing. I still use it but it’s annoying. I want to sell it so I can use that knee too but parts to build a PC. But do I just need to but more RAM or should I just sell it? I like it it’s great but I still want to keep it. So is all I need is more RAM(I have 8GB in it which can be upgraded) or should I sell it. If I do sell it how much should I sell it for. I would think not much because it is so slow but I guess it’s whatever. So someone tell me if I should just get more RAM or sell and how much to sell it for. (https://www.amazon.com/Dell-Inspiron-7000-7567-i5-7300HQ/dp/B06WLMJPC3)

Put in an SSD. That laptop should still be plenty fast for basically everything.

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

14 minutes ago, kelvinhall05 said:

Put in an SSD. That laptop should still be plenty fast for basically everything.

I don’t think you can? Can you? But I don’t think that will fix the problem. It’s not like moving files it’s lunching stuff up and having choke and other tabs and applications not loading or taking 15 minutes to load

20 minutes ago, Highkeywalts said:

I don’t think you can? Can you? But I don’t think that will fix the problem. It’s not like moving files it’s lunching stuff up and having choke and other tabs and applications not loading or taking 15 minutes to load

An SSD makes a world of difference in any system. Considering how inexpensive SSDs are nowadays, there's no excuse not have one. 

"Make sense? Oh, what fun is there in making sense?"
-Discord

My suggestion is do the SSD first.

We sold one earlier this year. We sold it with an m.2 SSD inside which we added. We also upped the RAM to 16GB as a 256GB m.2 SSD and RAM sould be under $200.

You can transfer those parts to another laptop if you sell this laptop if the performance isnt as good as you expected

5 hours ago, The Tech Monkey said:

My suggestion is do the SSD first.

We sold one earlier this year. We sold it with an m.2 SSD inside which we added. We also upped the RAM to 16GB as a 256GB m.2 SSD and RAM sould be under $200.

You can transfer those parts to another laptop if you sell this laptop if the performance isnt as good as you expected

So I see that SSD I should do and I opened up the back and I can put it looks like I can put two ssd and another stick of ram. But if I did put two ssd and another ram stick would I need to do anything on the laptop it’s self?

1 minute ago, Highkeywalts said:

So I see that SSD I should do and I opened up the back and I can put it looks like I can put two ssd and another stick of ram. But if I did put two ssd and another ram stick would I need to do anything on the laptop it’s self?

Here are some pictures 

EB54FE82-4BDA-4821-A045-1E0B6EA0A1BF.jpeg

8AEA6452-F37C-4F37-8F0C-DFD276E55613.jpeg

E1D487A8-CCEB-499D-A521-D5A05023D0F9.jpeg

Upgrade SSD first. Then RAM. If you need SSD recommendations just let us know

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 5600 Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE ARGB Gigabyte B550M DS3H mATX

Asrock Challenger Pro OC Radeon RX 6700 XT Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (8Gx2) 3600MHz CL18 Kingston NV2 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD

Montech Century 850W Gold Tecware Nexus Air (Black) ATX Mid Tower

Laptop: Lenovo Ideapad 5 Pro 16ACH6

Phone: Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro 8+128

31 minutes ago, GeneXiS_X said:

Upgrade SSD first. Then RAM. If you need SSD recommendations just let us know

So I was looking around and most was Curial. Which I know is great. Did you see my images. There is two extra ssd slots. Should I use both and have two 250gb or one with 500gb. Also if I did put more storage would I need to do anything on the laptop itself before I upgrade?

There is only 1 free SSD slot (M.2). You're looking at MX500? Of course bigger capacity = better

You need to install Windows in the SSD. Either do a clean install or clone (I prefer clean install)

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 5600 Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE ARGB Gigabyte B550M DS3H mATX

Asrock Challenger Pro OC Radeon RX 6700 XT Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (8Gx2) 3600MHz CL18 Kingston NV2 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD

8 minutes ago, GeneXiS_X said:

There is only 1 free SSD slot (M.2). You're looking at MX500? Of course bigger capacity = better

You need to install Windows in the SSD. Either do a clean install or clone (I prefer clean install)

I would do a clean install but I pretty sure there is two or I’m just blind

68EC0E6C-F517-48C2-84E1-275E4AFA3298.jpeg

FB7ABDCC-779C-4B6E-96EA-BC6092684B26.jpeg

54 minutes ago, Highkeywalts said:

but I pretty sure there is two or I’m just blind

There's only 1 M.2 slot in Inspiron Gaming 7567 (there's only 1 connector)

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

9 hours ago, GeneXiS_X said:

There's only 1 M.2 slot in Inspiron Gaming 7567 (there's only 1 connector)

Ok thanks so I’m just blind

I suggest a Samsung M.2 NVMe SSD, another matching stick of 8GB of RAM. If you go with a 500GB Samsung 970 EVO (or a EVO Plus) M.2 and 8GB of RAM total cost should be right around $185-$200

4 hours ago, The Tech Monkey said:

Samsung 970 EVO

A good SATA M.2 will be good for most users. Much cheaper too

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

On 5/21/2019 at 1:00 AM, The Tech Monkey said:

I suggest a Samsung M.2 NVMe SSD, another matching stick of 8GB of RAM. If you go with a 500GB Samsung 970 EVO (or a EVO Plus) M.2 and 8GB of RAM total cost should be right around $185-$200

ok thank you!

On 5/14/2019 at 9:18 PM, kelvinhall05 said:

Crucial P1 1TB 3D NAND NVMe PCIe M.2 SSD CT13043269 | Inspiron 15 7000 Gaming | Crucial.com(Is this okay?)

Crucial 16GB Kit (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2666 SODIMM CT9903634 | Inspiron 15 7000 Gaming | Crucial.com(Is this okay?)

1 hour ago, Highkeywalts said:

It's good, but that SSD is complete overkill. Get a 500GB max and a 1-2 HDD.

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

3 hours ago, kelvinhall05 said:

It's good, but that SSD is complete overkill. Get a 500GB max and a 1-2 HDD.

okay thank you for your insight