Should you buy RTX 2060 water block from AliExpress?

Go to solution Solved by SolarNova,

So the 2060 isnt really a good card to water cool.

BUT.

Aliexpress blocks, sure they are fine. So long as ur looking at Barrow and Bykski blocks. Just make damn sure your buyign the correct block for the model you have, most of the sellers there do make it clear you have to make sure ur buying the correct model.

I personally have a Barrow 1080ti block myself,

Since most water block manufactures don't produce a water block for the 2060 (why btw?)

Does it make sense buy a waterblock for the RTX2060 from AliExpress ?

Which seller/product performs best compared to branded blocks like EWGA, Swifttech, etc...?

4 minutes ago, System.exit(0) said:

Since most water block manufactures don't produce a water block for the 2060 (why btw?)

Which seller/product performs best compared to branded blocks like EWGA, Swifttech, etc...?

I mean, if there are aftermarket water blocks, then yes. Go for it, tho i would do some research before buying a certain water block to minimize failure or bad product chance. I personally dont know any good sellers that make water blocks for rtx cards. 

10 minutes ago, System.exit(0) said:

Well because the 2060 just doesn’t have a need for watercooling; market is too small for reputable brands to invest into R&D.

personally I wouldn’t trust much coming from Ali express 

MSI B450 Pro Gaming Pro Carbon AC | AMD Ryzen 2700x  | NZXT  Kraken X52  MSI GeForce RTX2070 Armour | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4*8) 3200MhZ | Samsung 970 evo M.2nvme 500GB Boot  / Samsung 860 evo 500GB SSD | Corsair RM550X (2018) | Fractal Design Meshify C white | Logitech G pro WirelessGigabyte Aurus AD27QD 

most dont make a 2060 block because it makes no sense to buy a midrange 1080P GPU to then spend hundreds on a watercooling loop when you can just buy a better card to begin with. the 2060 dosnt need a waterblock, just slap a fatter air cooler on it and you wont have to wory about maintnance and leaks from garbage quality china parts

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

1 minute ago, Stormseeker9 said:

Well because the 2060 just doesn’t have a need for watercooling; market is too small for reputable brands to invest into R&D.

personally I wouldn’t trust much coming from Ali express 

I aint really that good at Nvidia cards, since im a Team Red member. But i feel like there  should be some water blocks out there from a decent brand. Maybe not EVGA or brands like that, but maybe something from some other popular aftermarket cooler brand.

And yeh, i wouldnt really recommend anything coming from aliexpress either, unless there arent any other site were you can buy from, even if they are cheaper on aliexpress.

4 minutes ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

most dont make a 2060 block because it makes no sense to buy a midrange 1080P GPU to then spend hundreds on a watercooling loop when you can just buy a better card to begin with. the 2060 dosnt need a waterblock, just slap a fatter air cooler on it and you wont have to wory about maintnance and leaks from garbage quality china parts

Doesnt the Kraken g12 fit on the rtx card lineup? They are cheap and you can get a pretty good water cooled gpu for around 100$

EDIT:

i personally have been thinking about getting a kraken 12 and a H55 on my rx 480, since the cooler on it isnt the best, its loud and hot

Just now, PacketMan said:

You can always seal the damn Chinese waterblock with silicone or some industrial sealer

congrats! you cloged your block and radiators with industrial sealant! or you got it on the SMDs and then you rip those out when trying to get the air cooler back on or something. 

5 minutes ago, DankDeuxez said:

Doesnt the Kraken g12 fit on the rtx card lineup? They are cheap and you can get a pretty good water cooled gpu for around 100$

EDIT:

i personally have been thinking about getting a kraken 12 and a H55 on my rx 480, since the cooler on it isnt the best, its loud and hot

$100 gets you a very good air cooler that wont need replacing in three years

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

1 minute ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

$100 gets you a very good air cooler that wont need replacing in three years

Are there any good aftermarket coolers for xfx rs rx 480? I know about Arctic cooler but i dont really like how they look. I want something quiet and something that keeps it cool.

1 hour ago, DankDeuxez said:

Are there any good aftermarket coolers for xfx rs rx 480? I know about Arctic cooler but i dont really like how they look. I want something quiet and something that keeps it cool.

As rude as it sounds, please open another thread.

2 hours ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

I definitely would not call the 2060 a "1080P GPU".  Hint: Monitor is running at 3440x1440p and the GPU hits like a king (we're talking about high to Ulta settings at almost 60fps+, sometimes  greatly over 60 (80 range), depending on the title, setting / scenery (cpu & ram not overclocked + bottleneck, GPU default software one-click amateur overclocking) and since G-SYNC is everywhere now, I would even say 52-ish fps feel as fluid as 60)

Though your reasoning as to why they don't mass produce the water blocks is pretty good.

Theoretically, what kind of increase would be achievable with an RTX 2060 Water-cooled vs Air cooled? Is the difference in the (+) 5s, 10s, 20s 30s fps / (+) 50,100,200mhz?

BUT.

Aliexpress blocks, sure they are fine. So long as ur looking at Barrow and Bykski blocks. Just make damn sure your buyign the correct block for the model you have, most of the sellers there do make it clear you have to make sure ur buying the correct model.

CPU: Intel i7 3930k w/OC & EK Supremacy EVO Block | Motherboard: Asus P9x79 Pro  | RAM: G.Skill 4x4 1866 CL9 | PSU: Seasonic Platinum 1000w Corsair RM 750w Gold (2021)|

VDU: Panasonic 42" Plasma | GPU: Gigabyte 1080ti Gaming OC & Barrow Block (RIP)...GTX 980ti | Sound: Asus Xonar D2X - Z5500 -FiiO X3K DAP/DAC - ATH-M50S | Case: Phantek Enthoo Primo White |

Storage: Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SSD + WD Blue 1TB SSD | Cooling: XSPC D5 Photon 270 Res & Pump | 2x XSPC AX240 White Rads | NexXxos Monsta 80x240 Rad P/P | NF-A12x25 fans |

4 minutes ago, SolarNova said:

BUT.

Yes, Linus' recent video "80$ custom loop kit" pretty much sums it up. Well I guess if we can get some statistics (air vs water, 2060, theoretically) then we can wrap this thread up.

Ive got a Bykski msi gaming z 2060 water block brought from Ali Express.

Barrow and Bykski are fairly high quality.

The only leak was after I pulled it apart and didnt tighten the screws properly.

It saves about 5° C over the original air cooler when maxed. 

I was getting about 58 - 65° C with air and 50 - 55° C

2 hours ago, I do cause im bored said:

Ive got a Bykski msi gaming z 2060 water block brought from Ali Express.

Barrow and Bykski are fairly high quality.

The only leak was after I pulled it apart and didnt tighten the screws properly.

It saves about 5° C over the original air cooler when maxed. 

I was getting about 58 - 65° C with air and 50 - 55° C

Thanks for the statistics.

I might pass for the GPU since it rather makes more sense to use a water block on higher tier cards but thanks anyway, though CPU cooling looks more promising.