Air pockets in loop

So im trying to bleed my loop but its proving more difficult with a 45mm thick 360 rad and a 240 rad. Is there some way to make it a lot easier to get those air pockets out?

Turn the pump on 100% speed for a few days and do some gentle rocking of the chassis back and forth. This will help move the air pockets around usually. it not, then they should work out naturally any you cant with this method. 

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

9 minutes ago, Skiiwee29 said:

Turn the pump on 100% speed for a few days and do some gentle rocking of the chassis back and forth. This will help move the air pockets around usually. it not, then they should work out naturally any you cant with this method. 

Just trying to figure out a great method, idk why there is so much air stuck in here

1 minute ago, ChrisZH said:

Just trying to figure out a great method, idk why there is so much air stuck in here

This is really the only method. its very common when building a loop to have air pockets in blocks or radiators. Just need to gently rock the case in all directions to move the water and air around to force it to move and push out into the reservoir. Give it a week or so of doing this and you should have most, if not all, of the trapped air pockets out. 

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

1 minute ago, Skiiwee29 said:

This is really the only method. its very common when building a loop to have air pockets in blocks or radiators. Just need to gently rock the case in all directions to move the water and air around to force it to move and push out into the reservoir. Give it a week or so of doing this and you should have most, if not all, of the trapped air pockets out. 

Im thinking its the air bubbles that are increasing the noise with my pump. Also any idea where i can get like a 4x4 of anti vibration material?

Just now, ChrisZH said:

Im thinking its the air bubbles that are increasing the noise with my pump. Also any idea where i can get like a 4x4 of anti vibration material?

a local hardware store with a soft rubber would be ideal. 

"Black Out"

Dedicated Streaming Rig

4 minutes ago, Skiiwee29 said:

a local hardware store with a soft rubber would be ideal. 

I uploaded a picture. The vibrations and noise, when pump is running at 100% are pretty loud, so i want to try and dampen it as much as possible. Also i think the air bubbles are difficult because the 360 rad is in an awkward position.

0124A085-EE91-4D1F-882F-1FAF5C567907.jpeg

Try and get some soft foam or rubber and wrap the pump in it to insulate it. That chassis its very hard to deaden noise since its so open.  

"Black Out"

Dedicated Streaming Rig

48 minutes ago, Skiiwee29 said:

Try and get some soft foam or rubber and wrap the pump in it to insulate it. That chassis its very hard to deaden noise since its so open.  

Do you happen to have an example of what you mean?

49 minutes ago, Skiiwee29 said:

Also i think the pump is running at 100% right now because its just connected to a molex. It is pwm enabled but since its not connected to mobo, it should be running at max right?

Just now, ChrisZH said:

Also i think the pump is running at 100% right now because its just connected to a molex. It is pwm enabled but since its not connected to mobo, it should be running at max right?

Yea, if its not connected to the MOBO and just Molex, it will be running at 100%

"Black Out"

Dedicated Streaming Rig

2 minutes ago, Skiiwee29 said:

Yea, if its not connected to the MOBO and just Molex, it will be running at 100%

When i initially turn it on its near silent. Im also going to be setting everything to silent profile. So im thinking maybe just get rubber Pad to put it on? That should help out a lot right?

9 minutes ago, ChrisZH said:

When i initially turn it on its near silent. Im also going to be setting everything to silent profile. So im thinking maybe just get rubber Pad to put it on? That should help out a lot right?

yes it will help out a lot. 

"Black Out"

Dedicated Streaming Rig

1 hour ago, Skiiwee29 said:

yes it will help out a lot. 

So home depot would have rubber pads? Would those anti sliding furniture pads work?

Just now, ChrisZH said:

So home depot would have rubber pads? Would those anti sliding furniture pads work?

likely not. Needs to be something dense like a thick foam or rubber idealy. Probably up to 1/4" would be the thickness you need/want. but needs to be flexible to be able to wrap around the pump. 

"Black Out"

Dedicated Streaming Rig

47 minutes ago, Skiiwee29 said:

likely not. Needs to be something dense like a thick foam or rubber idealy. Probably up to 1/4" would be the thickness you need/want. but needs to be flexible to be able to wrap around the pump. 

I was just looking to insulate the area between the pump mount, and the case. So that it lessens vibrations to the case. Idk how i would go about wrapping the pump.

Ahh ok then yea any type of material would work for that most likely then that has some type of absorbtion properties.

"Black Out"

Dedicated Streaming Rig

4 minutes ago, Skiiwee29 said:

Ahh ok then yea any type of material would work for that most likely then that has some type of absorbtion properties.

What i notice is when i lift the case leg off the table the vibrations are very noticeably less, like i cant hear it. So im thinking with proper insulation for the mounting area, it should

improve sound

1 hour ago, ChrisZH said:

What i notice is when i lift the case leg off the table the vibrations are very noticeably less, like i cant hear it. So im thinking with proper insulation for the mounting area, it should

improve sound

If you want to completely isolate the pump soft mount it, using either rubber isolators or floating it by not physically fastening down and use mounting tape and anti vibration foam. 

58 minutes ago, W-L said:

If you want to completely isolate the pump soft mount it, using either rubber isolators or floating it by not physically fastening down and use mounting tape and anti vibration foam. 

Do you have any examples to show me? So i have a reference on what to do? Thank you for all your help!!!

15 minutes ago, ChrisZH said:

Do you have any examples to show me? So i have a reference on what to do? Thank you for all your help!!!

You will want very low durometer rubber isolator mounts such as this, or to essentially tape the pump onto a block of soft foam without actually fastening it down for complete isolation. 

https://www.aquatuning.us/water-cooling/pumps/pump-decoupling/15991/aquacomputer-shoggy-sandwich-building-kit-for-pump-decoupling-version-2.0-black-version

Image result for vibration isolator rubber

4 hours ago, W-L said:

You will want very low durometer rubber isolator mounts such as this, or to essentially tape the pump onto a block of soft foam without actually fastening it down for complete isolation. 

https://www.aquatuning.us/water-cooling/pumps/pump-decoupling/15991/aquacomputer-shoggy-sandwich-building-kit-for-pump-decoupling-version-2.0-black-version

Ahhh i found some sticky foam that came with the pump, didnt think it was for mounting. Gonna try that out

6 hours ago, W-L said:

Vibrates a little less, maybe i need to put foam surrounding it so it can dissipate less? They gave me this really tiny square.

On 5/12/2019 at 1:16 PM, Skiiwee29 said:

So there is space between the actual pump and the mount for the pump top. Should i put foam between that space to limit vibrations too?

16 hours ago, ChrisZH said:

Vibrates a little less, maybe i need to put foam surrounding it so it can dissipate less? They gave me this really tiny square.

Thicker and softer foam material would be better for preventing the transfer of vibration. 

3 minutes ago, ChrisZH said:

So there is space between the actual pump and the mount for the pump top. Should i put foam between that space to limit vibrations too?

The pump will solidly mount to the top to create a seal so that would be no where to install foam, only on the physical unit itself.