Hyper 212 EVO from FM2+ to AM4

NextGenFirex
Go to solution Solved by LukeSavenije,
1 minute ago, NextGenFirex said:

I've chosen this motherboard because of the price, i just need the system to work, nothing more. For not too demanding games like Rust, Path of Exile and very rarely, Arma 3.

then at least get something properly, a320 boards have

no support for upcomming 3000 series, cheap vrms, no or bad vrm cooling, cheap vrms, and are not really meant for anything above a athlon

get a b350, b450 or x370... please

3 minutes ago, NextGenFirex said:

Sadly, the bracket is out of stock for my country (Latvia), and i'm pretty sure the fee would be close to the cost of the cooler.

then try the stock cooler first, it's pretty good

I'm interested to upgrade my CPU, for which I've decided on a Ryzen 3 1200, and an A320 chipset motherboard, now I'm curious if my current Hyper 212 EVO air cooler (1fan) will work with this motherboards socket with the bracket i have for my current FM2+ one.

Current motherboard: A68HM-P33 V2

New motherboard: ASROCK A320M-DVS R3.0 

If i cannot, would appreciate a recommendation for a new cooler for this socket, not planning to overclock, just keep it warm to the touch.

8 minutes ago, NextGenFirex said:

ASROCK A320M-DVS R3.0

don't buy that... it's crap

you can get a am4 bracket from cm themselves, but try the stock cooler first

9 minutes ago, NextGenFirex said:

ASROCK A320M-DVS R3.0 

if you have ordered this, i would cancel the order and swap it with an Asrock B350m Pro4 or B450m Pro4. you dont want to own an A series chipset. if you have allready received it, i would suggest returning it.

10 minutes ago, NextGenFirex said:

just keep it warm to the touch.

the stock cooler will do that just fine. 

Just now, GoldenLag said:

Asrock B350m

that board doesn't exist... it's either ab350 or x370...

4 minutes ago, Medicate said:

Sadly, the bracket is out of stock for my country (Latvia), and i'm pretty sure the fee would be close to the cost of the cooler.

4 minutes ago, LukeSavenije said:

don't buy that... it's crap

you can get a am4 bracket from cm themselves, but try the stock cooler first

I've chosen this motherboard because of the price, i just need the system to work, nothing more. For not too demanding games like Rust, Path of Exile and very rarely, Arma 3.

EDIT: And no, i haven't purchased the motherboard or the cpu yet, it's just what i've decided on. But ill seek the ab350 or x370

Just now, LukeSavenije said:

that board doesn't exist... it's either ab350 or x370...

thats true, i do forget its an AB350. though to all intents an purposes a B350 board

no support for upcomming 3000 series, cheap vrms, no or bad vrm cooling, cheap vrms, and are not really meant for anything above a athlon

you dont want this board. 

the little you saved will hurt in the long run. 

the AB350m Pro4 or B450m Pro4 cost a little more, but a vastly better in both features, quality and Powerdelivery. regardless of how you use the CPU, i would never suggest buying anything less than this tier of board. 

1 minute ago, LukeSavenije said:

Alright, ill see if i can manage the price increase for the b series boards. Thanks :) 

Just to make sure, will the stock cooler do fine during the summer with ambient temperatures being 28 average? sometimes 32.

Alright, ill see if i can manage the price increase for the b series boards. Thanks :) 

Just to make sure, will the stock cooler do fine during the summer with ambient temperatures being 28C average? sometimes 32C.

2 minutes ago, NextGenFirex said:

Just to make sure, will the stock cooler do fine during the summer with ambient temperatures being 28 average? sometimes 32.

Yeah it will be fine as long you have good airflow

Just now, NextGenFirex said:

since you dont have to buy a new cooler you most likely can spit in the extra 5-20$ requiered to get a B series Pro4 board. 

yes the stock cooler will keep you CPU cool even when recent ambient temps of up to 32. it will get a tad loud in those situations where the ambient temps are really high, but nothing to worry about. (doesnt have the loud pitch of the intel stock cooler so i dont think you will notice it much)

if you want a new cooler in the future i would suggest look at the Arctic Freezer 33/34 Esports one/duo. that or get a bracket for your cooler from ebay.

11 minutes ago, GoldenLag said:

you dont want this board. 

the little you saved will hurt in the long run. 

the AB350m Pro4 or B450m Pro4 cost a little more, but a vastly better in both features, quality and Powerdelivery. regardless of how you use the CPU, i would never suggest buying anything less than this tier of board. 

I found these 4 motherboards that are about 15eur more than what i chose.

ASROCK B450M-HDV (56eur)

GIGABYTE B450M S2H (58eur)

ASROCK AB350M-HDV R3.0 (59eur)

GIGABYTE GA-AB350M-DS3HV2 V1.1 (61eur)

10 minutes ago, NextGenFirex said:

yeah... should be fine

ASROCK B450M-HDV (56eur)

anything else? or like a website i could look on?

ASROCK B450M-HDV (56eur)

country?

AB350m Pro4 should be about 65. and id suggest stretching for that. 

Just now, GoldenLag said:

country?

AB350m Pro4 should be about 65. and id suggest stretching for that. 

what vrms does it actually use? i know it of the b450 and the x370... but not the ab350

4 minutes ago, LukeSavenije said:

yeah... should be fine

anything else? or like a website i could look on?

https://www.1a.lv/datoru_komponentes_tikla_produkti/komponentes/pamatplates/filter/283-171579

But some information is in Latvian, but i gave you a link where the motherboards are filtered by AM4 sockets

EDIT: https://www.1a.lv/datoru_komponentes_tikla_produkti/komponentes/pamatplates/asrock_ab350m_pro4 i think thats the one you mentioned, its 69euro. (The one i chose was 45) i think i can get up to that tho. 

1 minute ago, LukeSavenije said:

what vrms does it actually use? i know it of the b450 and the x370... but not the ab350

same VRM. ASrock essentially copypasted it. the AB350 has some minor issues, but nothing major

https://www.1a.lv/datoru_komponentes_tikla_produkti/komponentes/pamatplates/filter/283-171579

But some information is in Latvian, but i gave you a link where the motherboards are filtered by AM4 sockets

https://www.1a.lv/datoru_komponentes_tikla_produkti/komponentes/pamatplates/asrock_ab350m_pro4

seems like you will have to stretch to this one. 

1 minute ago, GoldenLag said:

same VRM. ASrock essentially copypasted it. the AB350 has some minor issues, but nothing major

i mean... the price difference is 10 bucks... but yeah, the ab350 pro4 would be a good choice

link: https://www.1a.lv/datoru_komponentes_tikla_produkti/komponentes/pamatplates/asrock_ab350m_pro4