iPhone X can't transfer all photos to pc

TheMartineZ

Hi guys

I'm trying to transfer my photos from iPhone X to pc and i have an issue.

When i plug in the phone pc says that there is nothing on the device but when i go to it manualy it shows photos.

When i try to import all of them to my pc around 1000th photo it says that it cannot transfer try again or skip also there is pop up and it says that my device is unplugged or smth.

I tried on different pc and still the same thing. Its my first time transfering photos from this phone cuz i bought it not so long ago and it has 64gb of storage.

I can try doing it on mac but i would like to solve this problem to transfer my photos to my pc in the future.

Thanks for any help

I had a similar problem in the past. In my case, it turned out that the phone was doing a conversion from heic to jpeg which was causing problems. There's an option somewhere to turn that off, and show you the raw files. Worked fine after that. Then you need compatible software on windows side... Win10 does offer that on store. I just batch convert it to jpeg once on PC.

Gaming system: R7 7800X3D, Asus ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming Wifi, Thermalright Phantom Spirit 120 SE ARGB, Corsair Vengeance 2x 32GB 6000C30, RTX 4070, MSI MPG A850G, Fractal Design North, Samsung 990 Pro 2TB, Acer Predator XB241YU 24" 1440p 144Hz G-Sync + HP LP2475w 24" 1200p 60Hz wide gamut
Productivity system: i9-7980XE, Asus X299 TUF mark 2, Noctua D15, 64GB ram (mixed), RTX 3070, NZXT E850, GameMax Abyss, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB, random 1080p + 720p displays.
Gaming laptop: Lenovo Legion 5, 5800H, RTX 3070, Kingston DDR4 3200C22 2x16GB 2Rx8, Kingston Fury Renegade 1TB + Crucial P1 1TB SSD, 165 Hz IPS 1080p G-Sync Compatible

26 minutes ago, VegetableStu said:

the last time I had to do that, the file transfer stopped because the phone locked itself after being idle -_-

I doubt you're having this problem since it's managed to do 1000+ photos, but if the two are coincidental maybe try to keep the screen awake and see if it works?

not an issue on the mac though

I kept it unlocked. Thats what i thought at the beginning but its not the case.

The iPhone X (and I believe every iPhone starting with the 7) supports recording and taking images in HEVC and HEIC (is that what the image one is called? I forget, but it's not all that relevant) and can do JPEG as a fallback for images. Windows is likely failing at a point because of the image type.

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

Just now, Dan Castellaneta said:

The iPhone X (and I believe every iPhone starting with the 7) supports recording and taking images in HEVC and HEIC (is that what the image one is called? I forget, but it's not all that relevant) and can do JPEG as a fallback for images. Windows is likely failing at a point because of the image type.

Other way around, it's a phone problem as by default it will attempt to recode them to jpeg when connected to a windows system. I think the phone chokes if you try to do too many in one go. If you disable that option on the phone and grab the native files on windows , it works fine. Then you just need software to support that on windows side. 

Gaming system: R7 7800X3D, Asus ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming Wifi, Thermalright Phantom Spirit 120 SE ARGB, Corsair Vengeance 2x 32GB 6000C30, RTX 4070, MSI MPG A850G, Fractal Design North, Samsung 990 Pro 2TB, Acer Predator XB241YU 24" 1440p 144Hz G-Sync + HP LP2475w 24" 1200p 60Hz wide gamut
Productivity system: i9-7980XE, Asus X299 TUF mark 2, Noctua D15, 64GB ram (mixed), RTX 3070, NZXT E850, GameMax Abyss, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB, random 1080p + 720p displays.
Gaming laptop: Lenovo Legion 5, 5800H, RTX 3070, Kingston DDR4 3200C22 2x16GB 2Rx8, Kingston Fury Renegade 1TB + Crucial P1 1TB SSD, 165 Hz IPS 1080p G-Sync Compatible

Just now, porina said:

Other way around, it's a phone problem as by default it will attempt to recode them to jpeg when connected to a windows system. I think the phone chokes if you try to do too many in one go. If you disable that option on the phone and grab the native files on windows , it works fine. Then you just need software to support that on windows side. 

That's right, haven't transferred photos in a while.

That and I just woke up. /shrug

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

Guys so far so good. Its transfering all photos so far. More then half now so i can say that it helped. You just need to change the format on iphone ,restart and you re gold. 

Thanks guys for help 

Transferring photos between an iOS device and a Windows computer has always never worked well. My recommendation is to try Microsoft's Photo application bundled with Windows 10. Importing photos and videos through the application has been the most reliable means of transferring data between the two devices for me.