xBox 360 Slim RDOD

NeoRO

So i recently bought an xbox 360 slim to play some exclusives (Forza , Red dead) and it has "red dot of death".Basically, i plug it in, start it and the light goes green for a second, fan starts spinning for a second, and then the light goes solid red, and it won't output any video.I took it apart, and i changed the thermal paste with some Arctic MX4(It didn't have ANY thermal paste on the copper that makes contact on that processor,but it did have some on the edges,which were made out of aluminum), but it didn't make any difference.Also, It doesn't have any hard drive, but as far as i know, it is not necessary in order to start the console.What should I do ?

Return it. Sounds like the previous owner already took it apart, wasn’t able to fix the issue/caused the issue by doing so in the first place, and just decided to pass the problem to someone else.

Who knows what the extent of the damage might be, it’s not worth it to try to deal with yourself if the sale is recent enough.

You’re right, HDD isn’t required to boot. It’s only optional storage.

Confront them about this, be polite and save the messages.

I would,but I knew what I was getting into, as the price was under 10$ :D.And it also had the original wireless controller ,which is working fine ,and it's power brick. 

Should I just dump the console?