[Uplay] Might & Magic X: Legacy Uplay key is 25% off on its release day

Dealzon

Interested in today's RPG release Might & Magic X Legacy?

The "Digital Deluxe Edition" is only $22.50 after using 25% off coupon code GFDJAN25 at checkout at GameFly.

The game activates on Ubisoft's DRM "Uplay" (even if you buy on Steam you'll still be routed to Uplay).

• Deals listed by Dealzon help support LMG / Linus Tech Tips
  • More PC game deals here
  • Latest PC game retailers sales here

Fair warning, below is my rant about the early access of the game and I would suggest waiting on for purchase until further reviews are done.

I bought the pre-release beta game, played it for a few hours and I wasn't all too enthused about it. I used to play the MM6/7/8 series and probably spent hundreds of hours (back when they were smart not to record how long you've been playing games) and loved the large in-depth free roaming world that MM6/7 provided. Be aware, as of when I tested MMX game out a couple of months ago, you're moving on grids (most likely stayed in game), it was slow clunky moving (said they would fix), small world (we were allowed from my understanding to explore about 25% of the final release), HORRIBLE graphics - it brings nostalgia back but not in a good way, no easter eggs (like star trek names backwards or references to other games/shows/movies) in the pre-release version, lots of bugs that never seemed to have gotten fixed (or commented on by developers) like certain monster abilities working when not supposed to and getting stuck in combat (until you learned to use Ctrl R instead of reloading the game) and the good suggestions by many early adopters weren't commented on by developers or apparently taken into account. On the bright side, the game did involve some puzzles and finding secret compartments, a few dungeons and a challenging boss (that would one-shot you) until you learned the trick. Oh, there was no running away from mobs once they saw you, you either killed them or be killed. Another bright note, there will apparently be an editor that you can mod this game - unfortunately, it sounded like the editor was a separate purchase and about $1,500 - so who wants to do Ubisofts work for them, and pay for the privilege?

Ultimately, the reason I bought the game was to see what the new one would be like... and to get a free copy of MM6 because I so cherished the hundreds of hours I played that game years ago. I'll download the final release, probably play it for a few hours and stop playing unless some major updates have been done behind doors and never told to us. I personally wouldn't pay release price just yet, it's quite a bit for the little that you seem to get.

uplay sucks, and my experience is that when they have glitch's they don't fix them. I can't load any multiplayer save game of might and magic because Uplay won't sync the cloud saves.  So don't expect that feature if you buy it.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.