How to power up your leptop without opening it

Symbolls

So i have a dell inspiron witch is conected to a external 144 hz display and i use only that for gaming and stuff to do wen i am at home.But wen i want to wake up the leptop i bave to open it and then sing in.It looks ugly wit a monitor black opend on my desk and if i can hide the leptop and just plug it in wen i am at will be great. I dont now wat to do pls help.(Englis is not my first languige)

do you have windows 10?

CPU: Ryzen 5 2600X | CPU Cooler: Stock Motherboard: MSI B450M Mortar (Black) RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2x 8GB) 3000MHz DDR4 | GPU: MSI Radeon RX 580 ARMOR 8GB | Storage: Samsung 860 QVO 1TB and Samsung 970 EVO 250GB | PSU: Corsair CX650M 650W Case: Cooler Master MasterBox Q300L | Monitor: ASUS VZ279HE | Mouse: Logitech M171 Wireless | Keyboard: Cherry DC 2000 | Speakers: Logitech Z333

I guess you are in Windows. Go to Control Panel, Hardware and Sound, Power Options and then Choose what closing the lid does. Select "When I close the lid" under "Plugged in" and change "sleep" to "do nothing". This way you can use the external monitor with the laptop lid closed. Hope this helps

Step 1

The first step to running your laptop with the lid closed is to Click on the "Start" button. For those of you new to Windows 7 this is the circular microsoft button on the lower left side of your screen.

Step 2

Then go ahead and select "Control Panel" in the window that appears to the side.

Step 3

Go to the section titled "Hardware and Sound."  It is located about the middle left section of the control panel window. Click directly on the words "Hardware and Sound"

6230799_f520.jpg

Step 4

In the "Hardware and Sound" window, look for the "Power Options" section. This is located about halfway down the window.

In the power options section, click on "Change What the Power Buttons Do"

6230837_f520.jpg

Step 5

In the window that opens, look for the section titled "When I Close the Lid"

Next to this title you'll see two drop down boxes that by default will be set to "Sleep'.

Change the "On Battery" and / or "Plugged In" drop down boxes to "Do Nothing." Depending on which power source you want to use while using external monitor, keyboard and mouse.

Do Nothing on Battery
Do Nothing on Battery
Do Nothing on Plugged In

CPU: Ryzen 5 2600X | CPU Cooler: Stock Motherboard: MSI B450M Mortar (Black) RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2x 8GB) 3000MHz DDR4 | GPU: MSI Radeon RX 580 ARMOR 8GB | Storage: Samsung 860 QVO 1TB and Samsung 970 EVO 250GB | PSU: Corsair CX650M 650W Case: Cooler Master MasterBox Q300L | Monitor: ASUS VZ279HE | Mouse: Logitech M171 Wireless | Keyboard: Cherry DC 2000 | Speakers: Logitech Z333

1 hour ago, safeerhafiz74 said:

Step 1

The first step to running your laptop with the lid closed is to Click on the "Start" button. For those of you new to Windows 7 this is the circular microsoft button on the lower left side of your screen.

Step 2

Then go ahead and select "Control Panel" in the window that appears to the side.

Step 3

Go to the section titled "Hardware and Sound."  It is located about the middle left section of the control panel window. Click directly on the words "Hardware and Sound"

6230799_f520.jpg

Step 4

In the "Hardware and Sound" window, look for the "Power Options" section. This is located about halfway down the window.

In the power options section, click on "Change What the Power Buttons Do"

6230837_f520.jpg

Step 5

In the window that opens, look for the section titled "When I Close the Lid"

Next to this title you'll see two drop down boxes that by default will be set to "Sleep'.

Change the "On Battery" and / or "Plugged In" drop down boxes to "Do Nothing." Depending on which power source you want to use while using external monitor, keyboard and mouse.

Do Nothing on Battery
Do Nothing on Battery
Do Nothing on Plugged In

Thx