Gigabyte RGB Fusion... not working

Hey everyone.

Having trouble with the Gigabyte RGB Fusion 2.0 software, I think. I will attempt to provide as much info as possible. First off, I'm running a Gigabyte Aorus B450M motherboard with one LED header, it's got a 12 volt pin. I have a 1 to 4 splitter connected to an AMD Wraith Spire cooler (2700X CPU) and the other three going to my fans in a Cooler Master case. The case came with all three fans preinstalled. The three fans each have a 4 pin RGB header, and a single connection for power off the power supply. I have the arrow imprinted on each 4 pin matched up correctly, and the arrow matched up on the mobo to the side indicating 12V.

Now, this setup was working flawlessly for a time. I could change all the colors flawlessly, however being on a 1 to 4 splitter each LED had to be the same color. I'm totally fine with that. Issue is that the software was controlling everything perfectly. And then after powering down and turning PC back on later, I've only got blue LED. Have fiddled around with the software, double checked all my connections, and still only blue. I had created a custom profile previously, for blue lighting, and I went ahead and deleted the profiles stored inside the RGB Fusion 2.0 software.

Any ideas? Please and thank you.

Matt

What I can tell you is, that Gigabyte's software is utterly worthless.

It managed to brick my BIOS to the point that I can't access it anymore - I'm also on a B450 motherboard.

But back to helping you:
Did you try a CMOS reset and reinstalling the software?
Also updating your BIOS can help with RGB issues sometimes. They're tied directly into each other.

Thanks for the reply. I'll try a BIOS update, however the fact that it was perfectly controlled by the software for a time then got stuck blue seems to be weird. TBH i'm not even sure how to go about a CMOS reset. If you're on same mobo maybe you could point me in the right direction? Thanks

Just checked on BIOS, looks like I am using version F1. Not sure how to update it other than with Qflash which I know is not really ideal... there is a setting in the BIOS for RGB fusion for LED on/off during sleep and hibernate, turned it to "on", didn't make any difference. On the "PC health" tab the 12 volt headers look to be giving sufficient voltage, about 12.3

OK now this has got to be the strangest thing I have ever seen. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction. Updated to latest Ryzen chipset drivers. Updated gigabyte BIOS through QFlash to F31. Back up and running, still no working RGB. However... huge noticeable difference in the playability and frame rate of a lot of my games. Funny how small background tweaks like that can make a big difference.

So I'm bombing Pikes Peak in DIRT Rally, full speed in the Audi Quattro, when the PC just goes dead. Lights out. Off. Figured my power supply was toast as it had been recycled out of my old AM3 Bulldozer build. Turned off the power strip, turned off the power supply, restarted PC and here comes the RGB back to the way it had been set before it went all blue on me. I have no idea. So far it hasn't crashed again on me. Totally weird.

I have the same problem my rgb fusion 2.0 program does not work, 
the white color is frozen, 
whatever I do is not changed to other syin, 
pls help me what i can do!

This BIOS update and AMD chipset thing worked for me, but so far I'm having trouble with the system randomly shutting down completely under full load. I'm pretty sure I'm dealing with a bad power supply as it was recycled out of an AMD 4000 series Bulldozer (yeah, bad idea putting it into a brand new Ryzen system to save 50 bucks haha). So I'll be looking at power supply next. But after doing AMD chipset update first, followed by a QFlash BIOS update, my RGB is working perfectly!! If you have any questions post here and if I figure anything additional out about this then I'll post

• 3 months later...

I am also having the problem with my fans being stuck on blue. I bought the spec delta corsair case which came with 3rgb fans on the front. However after setting them up they stuck in the a light blue. They are meant to work with rgb fusion 2.0. But do not show up. Im assuming this could be a similar issue to you?

• 4 weeks later...

I'm on a Z390 Aorus pro WiFi  Bios 9A (for good reason )

RGB fusion worked fine till some months ago, finding :
My motherboard, my Graphic card, my RAM. All set on White.

Three months ago ... non more RAM
two months ago  ... no more Motherboard
Now the only thing that appear in RGBFusion2.0 ... is the graphic card.

I flashed BIOS 10 - and lost all RGBs.  Full dark PC.
(I was thinking to solve the issue that way- RGBFusion not working - same)
Rolled back - reloaded saved config - got back all RGB white
(as last set when  RGBfusion was working)

- I made a windows update
- un-installed reinstalled RGBFusion
(nothing avail)

- Lost in the dark !
(pun intended)

Alain
CoolerMaster H500P Mesh White and SeaSonic Platinum+ 850W
 - Gigabyte RTX2070 OC WHITE     

ARCTIC P253 BT White Headset - Corsair DarkCore-Se wireless mouse

• 1 month later...
On 5/3/2019 at 11:50 PM, delerbs86 said:

Hey everyone.

Having trouble with the Gigabyte RGB Fusion 2.0 software, I think. I will attempt to provide as much info as possible. First off, I'm running a Gigabyte Aorus B450M motherboard with one LED header, it's got a 12 volt pin. I have a 1 to 4 splitter connected to an AMD Wraith Spire cooler (2700X CPU) and the other three going to my fans in a Cooler Master case. The case came with all three fans preinstalled. The three fans each have a 4 pin RGB header, and a single connection for power off the power supply. I have the arrow imprinted on each 4 pin matched up correctly, and the arrow matched up on the mobo to the side indicating 12V.

Now, this setup was working flawlessly for a time. I could change all the colors flawlessly, however being on a 1 to 4 splitter each LED had to be the same color. I'm totally fine with that. Issue is that the software was controlling everything perfectly. And then after powering down and turning PC back on later, I've only got blue LED. Have fiddled around with the software, double checked all my connections, and still only blue. I had created a custom profile previously, for blue lighting, and I went ahead and deleted the profiles stored inside the RGB Fusion 2.0 software.

Any ideas? Please and thank you.

Matt

Same problem happened with me after plugging 4 pin rgb led strip. At first i connected the rgb to the 12v g r b pins on the motherboard, few seconds later i heard a small electrical shock then suddenly the pc went off. After turning it on it was only blue and the top left light on the motherboard is not working anymore. So i think that the motherboard has the opposite order for 12v g r b pins because it happened with most people trying to plug the rgb led strips.

image.jpg