Streaming with NVENC (NEW) lag

Mayhem_Joker

Hi, i've been streaming some days on the New NVENC in obs streamlabs and i has been working really good with good quality and no lag. but today (03/05/2019) it suddenly started to lag really bad (40-70%dropped frames) versus zero dropped the other days. i've read about GPU usage and that if i overload the card it can behave like this and it shows 100% usage in taskmanager while streaming and gaming. it is just so weird at it got like this over night..

any tips or advise guys? is there an update or something that can make this happen? i havent noticed any updates since last night anyhow.. Playing Witcher 3 on 1080p with max settings, ive tried with vsync on and off.

Specs:

Prosessor: Intel Core i9-9900K
Hovedkort: ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-F GAMING, S-1151
Skjermkort: ASUS STRIX GeForce RTX 2080Ti OC 11GB GDDR6
Strømforsyning: Corsair CX650M, 650W PSU
RAM: Corsair Dominator RGB DDR4 3200MHz 32GB
Vannkjøling: Corsair Hydro H115i PRO RGB CPU Kjøler
SSD: ADATA ULTIMATE SU800 2.5" SATA SSD 1TB
Kabinett: Phanteks Eclipse P400S Glass Silent

copy paste sorry for the Norwegian words in specs.

Aleksander

Sounds very strange... Try reinstalling GPU drivers maybe?? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Please mention or quote me if you want a response. :) 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

4 minutes ago, Mayhem_Joker said:

I will try that right away :)

Thanks

And if that doesn't fix it try reinstalling Streamlabs OBS. Remember to export your scenes before doing so!

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

20 minutes ago, Uptivuptiz said:

And if that doesn't fix it try reinstalling Streamlabs OBS. Remember to export your scenes before doing so!

Still dosent work.. and the gpu is still running 100% and i know this is normal for a demanding game but may have something to do with it2039748811_100gpu.thumb.png.b58ea7b883f6976dd37f2b7a0b5a8ede.png

Just now, Mayhem_Joker said:

Still dosent work.. and the gpu is still running 100% and i know this is normal for a demanding game but may have something to do with it

What are your stream settings set to?

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

2 minutes ago, Mayhem_Joker said:

*snip*

First off: Might I recommend that you either set your output resolution to 720p or 1080p? 1600x900 is not an optimal viewer resolution. Also you can easily turn down your bit-rate to 5000 with no visual loss in quality as long as you turn off motion blur in games. See if that makes a difference.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

1 minute ago, Uptivuptiz said:

First off: Might I recommend that you either set your output resolution to 720p or 1080p? 1600x900 is not an optimal viewer resolution. Also you can easily turn down your bit-rate to 5000 with no visual loss in quality as long as you turn off motion blur in games. See if that makes a difference.

i've tried all sorts off settings and nothing makes a difference. it got to be something going on with the GPU or Streamlabs or twitch.

if my PSU where to going bad can things like this happen? like the gpu is not getting enough power?

1 minute ago, Mayhem_Joker said:

i've tried all sorts off settings and nothing makes a difference. it got to be something going on with the GPU or Streamlabs or twitch.

if my PSU where to going bad can things like this happen? like the gpu is not getting enough power?

This is not a sign of a PSU going bad. Have you tried setting the Preset to a lower setting?

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

1 hour ago, Uptivuptiz said:

This is not a sign of a PSU going bad. Have you tried setting the Preset to a lower setting?

switched to 720p and sett the Preset lower but it seems like its totaly random.. got plenty of lag on 720p but when i changed to 1080p it was all good for like 30min and then it started lagging some so i changed back to 900p and it seems to work fine again with all the same settings that ive used the other days.. not supposed to be easy this, dont know what to make of it..

1 minute ago, Mayhem_Joker said:

switched to 720p and sett the Preset lower but it seems like its totaly random.. got plenty of lag on 720p but when i changed to 1080p it was all good for like 30min and then it started lagging some so i changed back to 900p and it seems to work fine again with all the same settings that ive used the other days.. not supposed to be easy this, dont know what to make of it..

Remember that Streamlabs OBS also accounts for dropped frames sent to the twitch servers. So maybe its a network thing?

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

6 minutes ago, Uptivuptiz said:

Remember that Streamlabs OBS also accounts for dropped frames sent to the twitch servers. So maybe its a network thing?

so its maybe on the twitch side? or OBS? my line seems fine

1 hour ago, Mayhem_Joker said:

so its maybe on the twitch side? or OBS? my line seems fine

You can test the Twitch side of things here: https://inspector.twitch.tv/

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

11 hours ago, Mayhem_Joker said:

Hi, i've been streaming some days on the New NVENC in obs streamlabs and i has been working really good with good quality and no lag. but today (03/05/2019) it suddenly started to lag really bad (40-70%dropped frames) versus zero dropped the other days. i've read about GPU usage and that if i overload the card it can behave like this and it shows 100% usage in taskmanager while streaming and gaming. it is just so weird at it got like this over night..

any tips or advise guys? is there an update or something that can make this happen? i havent noticed any updates since last night anyhow.. Playing Witcher 3 on 1080p with max settings, ive tried with vsync on and off.

Specs:

Prosessor: Intel Core i9-9900K
Hovedkort: ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-F GAMING, S-1151
Skjermkort: ASUS STRIX GeForce RTX 2080Ti OC 11GB GDDR6
Strømforsyning: Corsair CX650M, 650W PSU
RAM: Corsair Dominator RGB DDR4 3200MHz 32GB
Vannkjøling: Corsair Hydro H115i PRO RGB CPU Kjøler
SSD: ADATA ULTIMATE SU800 2.5" SATA SSD 1TB
Kabinett: Phanteks Eclipse P400S Glass Silent

copy paste sorry for the Norwegian words in specs.

Aleksander

That PSU looks scary for that build

1 hour ago, FsyNorth said:

That PSU looks scary for that build

Yes, its on the small side but without OC it's about 100w more than I use. But it's the oldest component in the pc so it's gonna be replaced soon :)