Please Convince Me On GPU Upgrade

_Hustler_One_
10 hours ago, dgsddfgdfhgs said:

think in another way, how long are you willing to spend & wait for next gpu upgrade?

Until it can't handle my favorite game in highest standard on my monitor, so I have no idea. Just like this current 1060 6Gb, I thought it will last me for few more years ahead but currently it's out of competency on one of my favorite game.

10 hours ago, dgsddfgdfhgs said:

also dont be bound by vram, raw performance comes first, (eg 1060 3gb better than 1050ti 4gb)

What do you think of this scenario? The latest update of MHW asks for 6Gb VRAM, and I tested it and my game suddenly drop in fps and stutters heavily even I got 50-60 fps, compared to before the update where I got 60-85 fps smooth frames.. The main suspect is the VRAM

My system specs:

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K, 5GHz Delidded LM || CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-C14S w/ NF-A15 & NF-A14 Chromax fans in push-pull cofiguration || Motherboard: MSI Z370i Gaming Pro Carbon AC || RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 2x8Gb 2666 || GPU: EVGA GTX 1060 6Gb FTW2+ DT || Storage: Samsung 860 Evo M.2 SATA SSD 250Gb, 2x 2.5" HDDs 1Tb & 500Gb || ODD: 9mm Slim DVD RW || PSU: Corsair SF600 80+ Platinum || Case: Cougar QBX + 1x Noctua NF-R8 front intake + 2x Noctua NF-F12 iPPC top exhaust + Cougar stock 92mm DC fan rear exhaust || Monitor: ASUS VG248QE || Keyboard: Ducky One 2 Mini Cherry MX Red || Mouse: Logitech G703 || Audio: Corsair HS70 Wireless || Other: XBox One S Controler

My build logs:

1 minute ago, _Hustler_One_ said:

The latest update of MHW asks for 6Gb VRAM, and I tested it and my game suddenly drop in fps and stutters heavily compared before the update.. The main suspect is the VRAM

cant tell yet,may be they will roll a new update to fix that issue, did you go to MHW steam forum if anyone else has this issue/fix?

i am gaming on my gtx970 3.5gb vram and no shutters(lower fps) through every game I play at ultra 1080p

7 minutes ago, dgsddfgdfhgs said:

cant tell yet,may be they will roll a new update to fix that issue, did you go to MHW steam forum if anyone else has this issue/fix?

i am gaming on my gtx970 3.5gb vram and no shutters(lower fps) through every game I play at ultra 1080p

2 hours ago, _Hustler_One_ said:

When I'm on the Monster Hunter World setting menu to set the setting to highest, there is information below the menu which says the VRAM usage in certain setting, it changes in realtime according the setting changes to give us the idea of the possible output we expect. The in-game performance is obvious to me that 4Gb VRAM usage before, and 6Gb VRAM usage after the HD texture at 1080p, and it stutters heavily now.

It's using 5.6 to 6.2Gb of VRAM in-game. This is 1080p monitor.

VRAM.thumb.png.84278e092b86a01839a0ee67d338677b.png

My system specs:

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K, 5GHz Delidded LM || CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-C14S w/ NF-A15 & NF-A14 Chromax fans in push-pull cofiguration || Motherboard: MSI Z370i Gaming Pro Carbon AC || RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 2x8Gb 2666 || GPU: EVGA GTX 1060 6Gb FTW2+ DT || Storage: Samsung 860 Evo M.2 SATA SSD 250Gb, 2x 2.5" HDDs 1Tb & 500Gb || ODD: 9mm Slim DVD RW || PSU: Corsair SF600 80+ Platinum || Case: Cougar QBX + 1x Noctua NF-R8 front intake + 2x Noctua NF-F12 iPPC top exhaust + Cougar stock 92mm DC fan rear exhaust || Monitor: ASUS VG248QE || Keyboard: Ducky One 2 Mini Cherry MX Red || Mouse: Logitech G703 || Audio: Corsair HS70 Wireless || Other: XBox One S Controler

My build logs:

3 hours ago, _Hustler_One_ said:

Hi..

I'm always wanted to get the maximum graphical quality with highest FPS possible on my 1080p 144hz monitor. Because it's nonsense to play lower graphical setting on 1080p monitor while we are at 4k era.

The main goal is maximum graphical quality with highest fps possible, or just simply maxing out my monitor potential.

The game I play are only "World of Tanks" and "Monster Hunter: World", those 2 are the only game I'm interested with. they are played on GTX 1060 6Gb.

The WoT never give me issue in term of quality and performance, I can get around 120 fps with highest graphical quality, I can go all out of the setting for WoT.

But not on Monster Hunter World. Its lattest updates includes HD texture is taxing more than 6Gb of VRAM of my GPU, and It stutters heavily when I maxed out the settings. Before the game received the HD texture updates I can get 60-85 fps with highest setting. Now I have the option to enjoy the game with better graphical quality but my GPU no longer can handle it.

I was considering RTX 2060 as a stronger GPU but its 6Gb VRAM is just not convinced me enough for long term and future gaming as I want to stay with a GPU as long as possible before I need to upgrade it when It starts unable to handel the highest standart on my monitor.

I'm really confused which GPU to get to replace 1060 6G without being overkill, while 2060 is what I explained above, RTX 2070 is not worth the value but it has 8Gb VRAM which I need, the older GTX 1070/Ti all has 8Gb which I need, and are used and unavailable in new condition, or Vega 56 with my current Corsair TX650M PSU inside a relatively small enclosure, and unsure how long they will serve me well for long term use without warranty because old and used.

I'm just on a dead end and need someone who can strongly convince me which GPU to get. I feel like I'm in a position where I'm being forced to get the bad value of RTX 2070 just to get more VRAM for long term use and future gaming (to receive updates and updates of my current favorite game) before the next GPU upgrade.

I'm open to any opinions and suggestions, please..

Maybe you should just wait for a new update so they fix the game. If it takes longer than maybe 1 week - 1 month (if you can wait that long) and nothing has changed then buy a Vega 56 or an RTX 2060

47 minutes ago, King4bood said:

Maybe you should just wait for a new update so they fix the game. If it takes longer than maybe 1 week - 1 month (if you can wait that long) and nothing has changed then buy a Vega 56 or an RTX 2060

I'm really tempted to get the SAPPHIRE NITRO+ Vega 56 triple fans, asked to any retailer here, they're out of stock, they only have the SAPPHIRE PULSE Vega 56 ($346). How good is the Pulse?

The game update took 29Gb of data. That was a massive update, and I'm out of VRAM from it.

My system specs:

Spoiler

My build logs:

4 hours ago, Sorenson said:

I'm not sure its your vram that is the issue. I recommend downloading MSI afterburner, launching the game, and scrolling through it to see what the bottleneck is. I believe reviews of the rtx 2060 said no game at 1440p is using 6gb of vram right now. 

I have 2070 with 8GB of vram and trust me they get eaten at 1440p fully... 

MSI B450 Pro Gaming Pro Carbon AC | AMD Ryzen 2700x  | NZXT  Kraken X52  MSI GeForce RTX2070 Armour | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4*8) 3200MhZ | Samsung 970 evo M.2nvme 500GB Boot  / Samsung 860 evo 500GB SSD | Corsair RM550X (2018) | Fractal Design Meshify C white | Logitech G pro WirelessGigabyte Aurus AD27QD 

5 hours ago, Stormseeker9 said:

Some games will request all or most of the video memory available, but they aren’t actually using all of it. Gamers Nexus did a video talking about it yesterday. 

22 minutes ago, Sorenson said:

Some games will request all or most of the video memory available, but they aren’t actually using all of it. Gamers Nexus did a video talking about it yesterday. 

But the RTSS overlay shows me that my GPU runs up to 6Gb on VRAM in-game, and the stutters are real.

My system specs:

Spoiler

My build logs:

34 minutes ago, Sorenson said:

My vram page files so does my ram (16GB) 

cities skylines is one game as example 

MSI B450 Pro Gaming Pro Carbon AC | AMD Ryzen 2700x  | NZXT  Kraken X52  MSI GeForce RTX2070 Armour | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4*8) 3200MhZ | Samsung 970 evo M.2nvme 500GB Boot  / Samsung 860 evo 500GB SSD | Corsair RM550X (2018) | Fractal Design Meshify C white | Logitech G pro WirelessGigabyte Aurus AD27QD 

7 hours ago, Stormseeker9 said:

36 minutes ago, _Hustler_One_ said:

But the RTSS overlay shows me that my GPU runs up to 6Gb on VRAM in-game, and the stutters are real.

Who's laughing now? I've been rambling on about vram and constantly have people saying 'Oh it's all nonsense, the 2060 handles 4k with it's 6gb vram'. Yeah? I beg to differ and so do these people with their posts. The stutters aren't fantasy. 8gb and HBCC doesn't mean anything? It does now, in 2019.

Vega 56 is the midrange king right now. 6gb on a card as powerful as the 2060 is completely unacceptable. The entry point for 8gb on Turing is 499$ (2070). That is ludicrous. Compare that to last generation Nvidia cards. The entry point for 8gb was $379.

Vega is the solution to people's problems for 1440p and 4k.

7 hours ago, _Hustler_One_ said:

I'm really tempted to get the SAPPHIRE NITRO+ Vega 56 triple fans, asked to any retailer here, they're out of stock, they only have the SAPPHIRE PULSE Vega 56 ($346). How good is the Pulse?

The game update took 29Gb of data. That was a massive update, and I'm out of VRAM from it.

Anyways.. the pulse is a decent cooler design. There's worse designs than the pulse for sure. I'd get that if I were you before the 50th anniversary sales are over and the price increases slightly.

30 minutes ago, MeatFeastMan said:

Who's laughing now? I've been rambling on about vram and constantly have people saying 'Oh it's all nonsense, the 2060 handles 4k with it's 6gb vram'. Yeah? I beg to differ and so do these people with their posts. The stutters aren't fantasy. 8gb and HBCC doesn't mean anything? It does now, in 2019.

Vega 56 is the midrange king right now. 6gb on a card as powerful as the 2060 is completely unacceptable. The entry point for 8gb on Turing is 499$ (2070). That is ludicrous. Compare that to last generation Nvidia cards. The entry point for 8gb was $379.

Vega is the solution to people's problems for 1440p and 4k.

Anyways.. the pulse is a decent cooler design. There's worse designs than the pulse for sure. I'd get that if I were you before the 50th anniversary sales are over and the price increases slightly.

Yeah, Nvidia doesn't have something make sense for me to solve my problem, the 2060 is strong but its VRAM size holds me back. The 2070 is just bad value I was felt like I'm being forced to get the 2070 when facing Nvidia's line-ups. The older GTX 1070/Ti & 1080/Ti are out of warranty for long term use, and no one sell them as BNIB conditions anymore. So I think I have to get the Vega 56 instead, this one still available in new condition.

Which Vega 56 has better value than Sapphire Pulse/Nitro+ model (if any)?

Is Pulse with $346 in new condition a good price?

That's the cheapest Vega 56 Pulse new in my area.

I'm still looking sideways for the Nitro+ model, and the cheapest Nitro+ is $357 new

My system specs:

Spoiler

My build logs:

13 minutes ago, _Hustler_One_ said:

Yeah, Nvidia doesn't have something make sense for me to solve my problem, the 2060 is strong but its VRAM size holds me back. The 2070 is just bad value I was felt like I'm being forced to get the 2070 when facing Nvidia's line-ups. The older GTX 1070/Ti & 1080/Ti are out of warranty for long term use, and no one sell them as BNIB conditions anymore. So I think I have to get the Vega 56 instead, this one still available in new condition.

Which Vega 56 are better than Sapphire Pulse/Nitro+ model?

Is Pulse with $346 in new condition a good price?

That's the cheapest Vega 56 Pulse new in my area.

I'm still looking sideways for the Nitro+ model, and the cheapest Nitro+ is $357 new

Is this US dollars or? Cause you can find a pulse for 300:

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/cKhKHx/sapphire-radeon-rx-vega-56-2gb-pulse-video-card-11276-02-40g

If the nitro is only 10 more then get the Nitro as it's arguably the best cooler design of them all (It's between that and the powercolor red devil for me).

3 minutes ago, MeatFeastMan said:

Is this US dollars or? Cause you can find a pulse for 300:

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/cKhKHx/sapphire-radeon-rx-vega-56-2gb-pulse-video-card-11276-02-40g

If the nitro is only 10 more then get the Nitro as it's arguably the best cooler design of them all (It's between that and the powercolor red devil for me).

Yes it's US $, but I'm not in US. I just converted it from my currency to make it easier to give people ideas.

US $20 is where I consider as a significant price difference from my currency POV.

PCPP doesnt apply for my area. so the prices I mentioned are the cheapest available for me.

So I guess there's nothing can beat this value from Nvidia side as a brand new condition GPU, no?

My system specs:

Spoiler

My build logs:

Just now, _Hustler_One_ said:

Yes it's US $, but I'm not in US. I just converted it from my currency to make it easier to give people ideas.

US $20 is where I consider as a significant price difference from my currency POV.

PCPP doesnt apply for my area. so the prices I mentioned are the cheapest available for me.

So I guess there's nothing can beat this value from Nvidia side as a brand new condition GPU, no?

There's nothing brand new from Nvidia that rivals vega and has the 8gb vram because as you say, the 2070 is overpriced and personally I think it's the worst of the entire Turing lineup.

I'd just get the nitro for a bit more than the pulse.

4 minutes ago, MeatFeastMan said:

There's nothing brand new from Nvidia that rivals vega and has the 8gb vram because as you say, the 2070 is overpriced and personally I think it's the worst of the entire Turing lineup.

I'd just get the nitro for a bit more than the pulse.

I'll try my luck finding the Nitro in stock, otherwise I'll get the Pulse instead.

The Powercolor is 3 slots, my case can't accommodate this size, but it can take 2.5 slots with really tight fit.

Thanks to you all..!

I apreciate your time and opinions..

Have a good day!

My system specs:

Spoiler

My build logs: