Low CPU, GPU and FPS

Bush Badger

Hi, I have been plagued by this problem where I have low CPU, GPU usage thus resulting low fps. I was playing killing floor 2 and I realized that my GPU and CPU were barely making over 30% load and I am only getting 200FPS, I really want to achieve stable 240 because I am sure this computer can handle it and it will be a waste of a monitor too as it support 240hz and G-Sync. I uninstalled HPET but I cant find the option to disable it in the BIOS (even before uninstalling) Any help will be appreciated.

i7 8700k 5GHZ 

2080TI Lightning Z

16GB Trident Z 3200

Aorus Gaming 7

RM850X

image.png.d9f94822da2616f7c0ba14a0f51ecbd0.png

3 hours ago, GoldenLag said:

is it a constant 200 fps?

no it fluctuates it tries to stay at 240 but when there are a lot of enemies and explosions it goes down to like 180 or even 120 but the CPU and GPU usage is still really low  

walks away shaking his head

4 minutes ago, Mr Magic Man said:

no it fluctuates it tries to stay at 240 but when there are a lot of enemies and explosions it goes down to like 180 or even 120 but the CPU and GPU usage is still really low  

do you notice these drops or are they unnoticable? does benchmarks show more fps than what you are getting?

14 minutes ago, Mr Magic Man said:

it will be a waste of a monitor too as it support 240hz and G-Sync

considering a 240hz freesync monitor would do the exact same these days, its sort of a waste, but running below 240hz is exactly why adaptive sync is a thing. 

3 hours ago, GoldenLag said:

do you notice these drops or are they unnoticable? does benchmarks show more fps than what you are getting?

they were VERY noticeable, I remember looking at one area it dropped down to 60(?) i was like was that even possible? and because I am very sensitive to frames I can tell if im on 190 or 220 or 240. Because muscle memory and how fast my mouse moves + the screen tearing. 

2 minutes ago, Mr Magic Man said:

Because muscle memory and how fast my mouse moves + the screen tearing. 

are u sure its screentearing. Adaptive sync prevents exactly that from happening. 

i would recommend using DDU and reinstalling drivers. sadly ive got no more helpull advice. 

41 minutes ago, Mr Magic Man said:

CPU might peak at 100% very briefly and hardware monitor doesnt pick it up because its too brief. 

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X Cooler: Corsair H100i Platinum SE Mobo: Asus B550-A GPU: EVGA RTX 2070 XC RAM: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200MHz 16CL 4x8GB (DDR4) SSD0: Crucial MX300 525GB SSD1: Samsung QVO 1TB PSU: NZXT C650 Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow Monitor: Asus VG259QM (240Hz)

I usually edit my posts immediately after posting them, as I don't check for typos before pressing the shiny SUBMIT button.

Unraid Server

CPU: Ryzen 5 7600 Cooler: Noctua NH-U12S Mobo: Asus B650E-i RAM: Kingston Server Premier ECC 2x32GB (DDR5) SSD: Samsung 980 2x1TB HDD: Toshiba MG09 1x18TB; Toshiba MG08 2x16TB HDD Controller: LSI 9207-8i PSUCorsair SF750 Case: Node 304

also I somehow made things better by overclocking my ram from 3200 to 3400 not sure how that helped but it did. not smooth 240 but at least no more crazy dips. next up is DDU 

i dont know much about G-sync as I use AMD with Freesync but if they 2 are anything alike I dont think you will ever hit the 240 as the G-sync smooths FPS to remove tearing... in my own experiances my monitor is 144 and most of my games hover around or just under 100 FPS (apart from Guildwars 2 becasue the game engine is utter Gash) :s