System only works with integrated GPU

fabiosapplou

Hi guys, i'm having a big problem, and i can't solve it. Hope you can help me.

So, i built a new system, and it works great and all, but when i put  a PCI GPU in (GTX1060 6gb) i get a black screen, the computer turns on , but nothing on the display.

At fist i though it was a driver issue, so i went in to the bios, and set the integrated graphics as the default, and if i do that, then the screen starts working, on the device manager it shows up as well. I installed the drivers, went in to the bios again and set the PCI graphics as the default, and again i get a black screen. What am i doing wrong? Can the GPU be damage?

Thanks for the help.

it could be damaged but make sure your power to the gpu is plugged in

11 minutes ago, Zagna said:

Is the monitor connected to the discrete GPU?

Yes, it connected trough DP. 

16 minutes ago, Earnist_ said:

it could be damaged but make sure your power to the gpu is plugged in

It is plugged.

Make sure every cable is connected and the PSU delivers enough Power.

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO

49 minutes ago, Praesi said:

Make sure every cable is connected and the PSU delivers enough Power.

Hi mate, it is connected, and the psu has 700w :( it’s probably dead right? The GPU.

22 minutes ago, fabiosapplou said:

Hi mate, it is connected, and the psu has 700w :( it’s probably dead right? The GPU.

Yeah, it probably is, sadly. See if you can RMA the gpu to get a replacement from the manufacturer.

Current PC (Second Build) : CPU: Ryzen 5 1600 (OC @3.8GHz, sometimes pushed to 4GHz) RAM: 16gb Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4-2666 (OC @2733Mhz, sometimes pushed to 2800 for testing purposes)   GPU: PowerColor Radeon RX570 8gb MOBO: ASRock B450m Pro4 SSD: Inland 120gb HDD: 1tb Seagate Barracuda PSU: Cooler Master Masterwatt 500w Lite Case: NZXT H500 OS: Arch Linux+ KDE Plasma [Desktop Environment] & Windows 10 Pro [Broken due to grub 50% of the time]

Accessories: Mouse: Alienware AW958 Elite Keyboard: Corsair K63 Wireless  Headphones: Samsung Level On Pro

Phone (waiting on arrival): Samsung Galaxy Note 9

3 hours ago, ImAyaanKhan said:

Yeah, it probably is, sadly. See if you can RMA the gpu to get a replacement from the manufacturer.

No chance, it as bought on ebay... Second hand these project... I'm complaining to ebay though.

thanks for the help anyway.

Do you have another monitor?

Main RIg Corsair Air 540, I7 9900k, ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero, G.Skill Ripjaws 3600 32GB, 3090FE, EVGA 1000G5, Acer Nitro XZ3 2560 x 1440@240hz 

Spare RIg Lian Li O11 AIR MINI, I7 4790K, Asus Maximus VI Extreme, G.Skill Ares 2400 32Gb, EVGA 1080ti, 1080sc 1070sc & 1060 SSC, EVGA 850GA, Acer KG251Q 1920x1080@240hz

18 hours ago, fabiosapplou said:

No chance, it as bought on ebay... Second hand these project... I'm complaining to ebay though.

thanks for the help anyway.

No Problem!

P.S. If the item was labeled as "working" in the listing, you may be able to get a full refund from PayPal (if you used it to pay for the gpu) by emailing them and saying the item you received was not the item described in the listing.

Current PC (Second Build) : CPU: Ryzen 5 1600 (OC @3.8GHz, sometimes pushed to 4GHz) RAM: 16gb Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4-2666 (OC @2733Mhz, sometimes pushed to 2800 for testing purposes)   GPU: PowerColor Radeon RX570 8gb MOBO: ASRock B450m Pro4 SSD: Inland 120gb HDD: 1tb Seagate Barracuda PSU: Cooler Master Masterwatt 500w Lite Case: NZXT H500 OS: Arch Linux+ KDE Plasma [Desktop Environment] & Windows 10 Pro [Broken due to grub 50% of the time]

Accessories: Mouse: Alienware AW958 Elite Keyboard: Corsair K63 Wireless  Headphones: Samsung Level On Pro

Phone (waiting on arrival): Samsung Galaxy Note 9

Actually you can plug the same monitor to both of them and set up each display and just cycle through the inputs. May help diagnose the issue. 

Main RIg Corsair Air 540, I7 9900k, ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero, G.Skill Ripjaws 3600 32GB, 3090FE, EVGA 1000G5, Acer Nitro XZ3 2560 x 1440@240hz 

Spare RIg Lian Li O11 AIR MINI, I7 4790K, Asus Maximus VI Extreme, G.Skill Ares 2400 32Gb, EVGA 1080ti, 1080sc 1070sc & 1060 SSC, EVGA 850GA, Acer KG251Q 1920x1080@240hz