"Flex" Builds For Two: Sanity Check Please

I'm going to build two new gaming PCs, one for myself, and another for my wife (along with another home server).

They'll be my first hard-line water cooling build. I need a sanity check, because I'm spending around $9000 on this.

1. Budget & Location: Budget is $9000-$10,000. Location is Midwestern US.

2. Aim: Ostensibly, they're both for gaming. But really they're both going to be "flex" builds. So I want high end components, RGB the shit out of everything, water cool most things, put everything in high-end cases, etc.

3. Monitors: Both systems will have one 21:9 ultrawide monitor each. Resolution wise isn't decided yet, but I don't foresee problems pushing pixels with what components I'm putting in.

4. Peripherals: Yes, I will be adding peripherals.

5. Why are you upgrading? To flex? No really, just to build them so I get to tinker with hard line loops and such.

My wife's will be built first, as a "prototype", so I don't have to screw around with the truly expensive shit. Parts list below, please take a look and let me know if I'm missing something, or if something just won't work together (space availability, case size, etc. The basic check was already done using PCPartPicker). Maybe I need some obscure tools? Radiator/water block materials will cause corrosion? Don't know. This is my first time doing a custom loop.

Maybe the components I selected aren't going to work too well together? Maybe you have some ideas on where I can further increase the amount of "flex" and "cool factor", since there's some budget leftover. Let me know.

Basically, I need a sanity check, and if you have ideas on what more I can do, let me know.

image.png.0714e73e5e47c84296afec8f48c513d7.png

After building hers, I will be doing mine. Same deal.

image.png.85c69cf65583721df5c8a8bc9add6cb3.png

Basically, I need a sanity check, and if you have ideas on what more I can do, let me know.

Use PCPartPicker! Makes compatibility, sorting, sharing, etc. so much easier

Ryzen 7 3700X / 16GB RAM / Optane SSD / GTX 1650 / Solus Linux

1 hour ago, NunoLava1998 said:

Use PCPartPicker! Makes compatibility, sorting, sharing, etc. so much easier

PCP doesn't support custom water loop parts ATM...

Nor does it support tools, etc.

So I can't check compatibility for those.

Have you had the Glaive? I wouldn't really recommend it. It feels weird regardless of the 3 grips included and is prone to double clicking on single click. RMA'd mine twice, so three mice and all started double clicking. Went with MM531 and happy with the feel. Time will tell on the clicker though. They're both Omron 20m switches.

Perhaps check out a different line from corsair or a different brand of mouse.

CPU: Ryzen 5 2600 4ghz @ 1.35v  CPU Cooler: Mugen 5 Rev b  Motherboard: MSI B450 Gaming Pro Carbon  GPU: Zotac RTX 2060 +150/+1000 Memory: 16GB Viper 4 @ 3200 CL14 Samsung B-die  Storage: 1TB Patriot VPN100 NVMe; 500GB 860evo; 128gb 840pro CaseCooler Master Q500L  PSU: CX750M V2 Operating System: Windows 10 Pro Other: 6 Corsair LL Fans; 2 aRGB Strips

42 minutes ago, fluxdeity said:

Have you had the Glaive? I wouldn't really recommend it. It feels weird regardless of the 3 grips included and is prone to double clicking on single click. RMA'd mine twice, so three mice and all started double clicking. Went with MM531 and happy with the feel. Time will tell on the clicker though. They're both Omron 20m switches.

Perhaps check out a different line from corsair or a different brand of mouse.

No, I've never had it. I've always been a Logitech guy.

But the Glaive was chosen specifically due to compatibility with MSI Mystic Light.

Logitech doesn't seem to give any choice besides Logitech Hub..., which is fucking terrible.