Alienware M17X Repair Help

This is the model: https://www.pcmag.com/review/324285/alienware-17-2014?tab=Specs

I'm trying to fix this machine up for my friend, when it boots it has a black screen and just beeps constantly. I took the entire thing apart to reset the cmos batttery to no avail. From some searching online it appears that I might be able to flash a new bios onto it.

But the procedure has a link to a tool that is no longer available.

Can anyone help me either find the tool or find a different way to try and flash a bios.

How many beeps do you get?

These machines are known for having weird RAM issues and for burning up motherboard components and / or GPU's.

Desktop: i9 11900k, 32GB DDR4, 4060 Ti 8GB 🙂

4 minutes ago, Theguywhobea said:

How many beeps do you get?

These machines are known for having weird RAM issues and for burning up motherboard components and / or GPU's.

One beep every 1-2ish seconds. 

Is it hopeless. I wish I knew this guy back in 2014 when he bought this piece of shit. Could've talked some sense into him

1 minute ago, brianp1999 said:

One beep every 1-2ish seconds. 

Is it hopeless. I wish I knew this guy back in 2014 when he bought this piece of shit. Could've talked some sense into him

What typically seemed to work with my Alienware 18 was to take all the RAM out. Then unplug the regular battery and the CMOS battery and leave it for like 5 minutes. 

Then plug the CMOS and regular battery back in, plug the power adapter back in.

Then with NO RAM in the system hit the power button, but then insert 1 stick of RAM like, 1 to 2 seconds after you press the power button. Seems to be the only way to hard reset the BIOS settings and worked probably 4-5 times for me.

This could also be part of the reason that this laptop is 120% dead now, but I don't know maybe not.

Desktop: i9 11900k, 32GB DDR4, 4060 Ti 8GB 🙂

1 minute ago, Theguywhobea said:

What typically seemed to work with my Alienware 18 was to take all the RAM out. Then unplug the regular battery and the CMOS battery and leave it for like 5 minutes. 

Then with NO RAM in the system hit the power button, but then insert 1 stick of RAM like, 1 to 2 seconds after you press the power button. Seems to be the only way to hard reset the BIOS settings and worked probably 4-5 times for me.

This could also be part of the reason that this laptop is 120% dead now, but I don't know maybe not.

Ill try it out and post back, could you do me a favor and follow the thread please?

3 hours ago, Theguywhobea said:

Alright Ive tried all of that but still no post, I'm gonna let it beep overnight and see if I can drain the battery that way