What is a "heavy user" - is the s10e battery enough?

sixsie

From what i've seen almost everyone reports bad SOT when using things such as youtube or gaming.

But just how good/bad might be the SOT for someone with my usage ?:

No youtube videos

No games

At least 2-3h of Spotify on Bluetooth

Location turned on only when using Google maps for checking directions/buses

Social media browsing&messaging - Messenger and Instagram

When bored or in need to google something slight browser usage

Mostly on mobile data - wifi only when home where i'm charging up

So far i'm using iPhone 6s considering switch to OnePlus 6t / s10e

My usual battery usage (apart from the personal hotspot): https://imgur.com/a/LnVwunl

OLEDs will drain the battery faster than LCDs depending on the content it's showing. If the OLED screen is primarily showing bright content, then it's going to drain the battery faster.

If you want some real world data, I have an S10+ and today 48 minutes of SOT drained about 4% or ~164mAH of the battery. Doing some math and assuming the same usage and display power consumption, that would amount to 5.2% on the S10e. But of course, the S10e has a smaller screen so it's likely less.

3 minutes ago, Mira Yurizaki said:

OLEDs will drain the battery faster than LCDs depending on the content it's showing. If the OLED screen is primarily showing bright content, then it's going to drain the battery faster.

If you want some real world data, I have an S10+ and today 48 minutes of SOT drained about 4% or ~164mAH of the battery. Doing some math and assuming the same usage and display power consumption, that would amount to 5.2% on the S10e. But of course, the S10e has a smaller screen so it's likely less.

Thanks for your reply,

According to that the s10e's battery should be good for 14,7 hours of SOT which sounds... great but i guess it wont last that long :D 

My phone usage is somewhat the same every day soo do you use it somewhat similar to my style ? that would be a great source for my "real world" day to day usage

1 minute ago, sixsie said:

According to that the s10e's battery should be good for 14,7 hours of SOT which sounds... great but i guess it wont last that long :D 

My phone usage is somewhat the same every day soo do you use it somewhat similar to my style ? that would be a great source for my "real world" day to day usage

That's just the screen using power. Everything else may eat up more.

Like for example Discord has taken up 7.1% out of 19% for the day.