Cannot boot from CD on older PC

Justasking
Go to solution Solved by Revontuli,
1 minute ago, Justasking said:

I burned it in another pc 10 min. ago. The HDD I put in has a system on it so it could boot into that because it did it last time

Can I suggest trying to write the iso to an USB instead. Use Rufus for this. Often when manually trying to create bootable drives issues arise (I even had issues when using different programs than rufus for linux distros, so I'd say give this a shot). 

So as you can see on the picture it says boot ready but it doesn't boot from it. What should I do?

IMG_20190425_113203.jpg

5 minutes ago, Shimejii said:

Its having issues Initilizing the install, It could be that the HDD or SSD that your trying to install to is potentially dead.

How long does it take to initialize the install? I plugged in another HDD and it said boot ready but did nothing else than staying here

15561819622836910247364552928433.jpg

What's happening is it's seeing the disc has a boot sector, trying to boot from it, failing and then reverting back to your HDD which doesn't have any boot sector at all so it's failing then it's looping round the entire cycle again.

Chances are the disc is knackered, what disc is it? Is it original or burned? Can you try it in another PC?

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

2 minutes ago, Master Disaster said:

What's happening is it's seeing the disc has a boot sector, trying to boot from it, failing and then reverting back to your HDD which doesn't have any boot sector at all so it's failing then it's looping round the entire cycle again.

Chances are the disc is knackered, what disc is it? Is it original or burned? Can you try it in another PC?

I burned it in another pc 10 min. ago. The HDD I put in has a system on it so it could boot into that because it did it last time

1 minute ago, Justasking said:

Can I suggest trying to write the iso to an USB instead. Use Rufus for this. Often when manually trying to create bootable drives issues arise (I even had issues when using different programs than rufus for linux distros, so I'd say give this a shot). 

9 minutes ago, Shimejii said:

it should be instant as soon as it reads that the process to install an OS should begin. Did you properly make the CD a Bootable disk if you made it yourself?

Last time I did this it worked but now that you said it I didn't make it bootable I think

4 minutes ago, Revontuli said:

I tried putting it on a usb but it didn't work, but when I tried I didn't make it bootable, if I do it with Rufus it might work?

17 minutes ago, Justasking said:

I tried putting it on a usb but it didn't work, but when I tried I didn't make it bootable, if I do it with Rufus it might work?

Most likely, bootable usb's often give issues, but has always worked for me using Rufus. Once I found out about it I never used anything else. I'd say give it a shot.

It does seems like your CD is not Bootable. Just burning the ISO into a CD often was not enough to make it bootable. And you had to twinker some settings in Burning softwares like Nero and what not back then.

If you want to get it bootable in a USB then Rufus can make if bootable for you, without much cimplications.
Or WinToBootic can also help with that.