ok so, is my motherboard capable of overclocking?

I have both Ryzen 3 2200g, and my x370M Pro4 here, I wanted to overclock to maybe 4.0ghz? Idk, but I need some information about it 

Any advice would be appreciated

You can overclock on that board, but you reaching 4ghz is entirely dependent on how good the chip is and if the motherboards VRM can do it (the chip is by chance, im not sure on the board, ryzen master will let you know if its the mobo holding back the OC). Fast RAM benefits Ryzen, what are the specs on the RAM you are running? I saw around 10-15% gains overclocking my Ryzen 2600X, but with RAM overclocking as well I gained around 25% more performance in total with tuning my RAM's timing and clock rate and the CPU overclock.

Gaming - Ryzen 5800X3D | 64GB 3200mhz  MSI 6900 XT Mini-ITX SFF Build

Home Server (Unraid OS) - Ryzen 2700x | 48GB 3200mhz |  EVGA 1060 6GB | 6TB SSD Cache [3x2TB] 66TB HDD [11x6TB]

1 minute ago, suchamoneypit said:

You can overclock on that board, but you reaching 4ghz is entirely dependent on how good the chip is and if the motherboards VRM can do it (the chip is by chance, im not sure on the board). Fast RAM benefits Ryzen, what are the specs on the RAM you are running? I saw around 10-15% gains overclocking my Ryzen 2600X, but with RAM overclocking as well I gained around 25% more performance total with tuning my RAM's timing and clockrate.

the x370 pro4 has about the same vrms as the b450, so it should be able to overclock the cpu pretty well... but again, the chip has to want too

Do you have adequate cooling to push that?

If so, set a realistic voltage that you want to use 24/7 (personally I wouldn't use anything above 1.35v for daily use), and keep lowering frequency from 4.0GHz until you are stable.

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X Cooler: Corsair H100i Platinum SE Mobo: Asus B550-A GPU: EVGA RTX 2070 XC RAM: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200MHz 16CL 4x8GB (DDR4) SSD0: Crucial MX300 525GB SSD1: Samsung QVO 1TB PSU: NZXT C650 Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow Monitor: Asus VG259QM (240Hz)

I usually edit my posts immediately after posting them, as I don't check for typos before pressing the shiny SUBMIT button.

Unraid Server

CPU: Ryzen 5 7600 Cooler: Noctua NH-U12S Mobo: Asus B650E-i RAM: Kingston Server Premier ECC 2x32GB (DDR5) SSD: Samsung 980 2x1TB HDD: Toshiba MG09 1x18TB; Toshiba MG08 2x16TB HDD Controller: LSI 9207-8i PSUCorsair SF750 Case: Node 304

you'll only find out how high you can go by trying it, and it's usually a lot harder to kill a chip or board than you think. For example a lot of people can reach 5.2GHz on the 7700k under 1.4v, but I have to be at 1.46 to even reach 5.15. Sometimes you get a bad bin that makes it hard to get stability. I say go for it, worst case you still find an OC that is higher than boost and stable, best case maybe you get above just 4GHz. Good luck!

9 hours ago, Nocte said:

Do you have adequate cooling to push that?

If so, set a realistic voltage that you want to use 24/7 (personally I wouldn't use anything above 1.35v for daily use), and keep lowering frequency from 4.0GHz until you are stable.

Uh.. Well I have my DeepCool Gammaxx 200t if that's ok?

10 hours ago, suchamoneypit said:

You can overclock on that board, but you reaching 4ghz is entirely dependent on how good the chip is and if the motherboards VRM can do it (the chip is by chance, im not sure on the board, ryzen master will let you know if its the mobo holding back the OC). Fast RAM benefits Ryzen, what are the specs on the RAM you are running? I saw around 10-15% gains overclocking my Ryzen 2600X, but with RAM overclocking as well I gained around 25% more performance in total with tuning my RAM's timing and clock rate and the CPU overclock.

My ram is a V-Gen Tsunami 8gb (2x4) 3000mhz

1 hour ago, spirals said:

Uh.. Well I have my DeepCool Gammaxx 200t if that's ok?

Should be fine. 

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X Cooler: Corsair H100i Platinum SE Mobo: Asus B550-A GPU: EVGA RTX 2070 XC RAM: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200MHz 16CL 4x8GB (DDR4) SSD0: Crucial MX300 525GB SSD1: Samsung QVO 1TB PSU: NZXT C650 Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow Monitor: Asus VG259QM (240Hz)

I usually edit my posts immediately after posting them, as I don't check for typos before pressing the shiny SUBMIT button.

Unraid Server

CPU: Ryzen 5 7600 Cooler: Noctua NH-U12S Mobo: Asus B650E-i RAM: Kingston Server Premier ECC 2x32GB (DDR5) SSD: Samsung 980 2x1TB HDD: Toshiba MG09 1x18TB; Toshiba MG08 2x16TB HDD Controller: LSI 9207-8i PSUCorsair SF750 Case: Node 304