Steam autoinstalling stuff?

Phillyphries
Go to solution Solved by Luc401,

its just an game update..

So I was checking what steam was downloading because it said "items 2 of 2 completed" and I looked and it randomly installed HL2 and TF2 on my machine?

That's really strange, did this happen to anybody else or is it just me? What's even more strange is that it says I've played HL2 for 16 hours, but I have never even played it before? And I doubt that I spent 39 hours on TF2, maybe more like 10

"It seems we living the American dream, but the people highest up got the lowest self esteem. The prettiest people do the ugliest things, for the road to riches and diamond rings."- Kanye West, "All Falls Down"

Time flies while gaming, also, maybe someone else was on your computer/account?

CPU: i7-4770k CPU Cooler: NH-D14 RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 8gb GPU: EVGA Superclocked 780 ti MOBO: ASUS Maximus VI Gene PSU: Corsair RM 850 Case: Bitfenix Prodigy M

mayeb someone using your account? or pc

its just an game update..

|Casual Rig| CPU: i5-6600k |MoBo: ROG Gene  |GPU: Asus 670 Direct CU2 |RAM: RipJaws 2400MHz 2x8GB DDR4 |Heatsink: H100i |Boot Drive: Samsung Evo SSD 240GB|Chassis:BitFenix Prodigy |Peripherals| Keyboard:DasKeyboard, Cherry MX Blue Switches,|Mouse: Corsair M40

|Server Specs| CPU: i7-3770k [OC'd @ 4.1GHz] |MoBo: Sabertooth Z77 |RAM: Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz 2x8GB |Boot Drive: Samsung 840 SSD 128GB|Storage Drive: 4 WD 3TB Red Drives Raid 5 |Chassis:Corsair 600t 

@CoolBeans Well I clicked "store page" on the game library page and it took me to CSS, which I've bought so that could be a reason

@zxcvbnmmssdh no I can assure you that I didn't play it that long because I really didn't like it that much. Also nobody has my account

@Kevinkt Nope, nobody has my account and nobody other than me plays on my pc

"It seems we living the American dream, but the people highest up got the lowest self esteem. The prettiest people do the ugliest things, for the road to riches and diamond rings."- Kanye West, "All Falls Down"

Also this week for a few of my friends there .exes for games got messed up so some people had no dota 2 in there library but 2 lfd2's and it turned out to be that l4d2's .exe was in dota's and other games.. 

|Casual Rig| CPU: i5-6600k |MoBo: ROG Gene  |GPU: Asus 670 Direct CU2 |RAM: RipJaws 2400MHz 2x8GB DDR4 |Heatsink: H100i |Boot Drive: Samsung Evo SSD 240GB|Chassis:BitFenix Prodigy |Peripherals| Keyboard:DasKeyboard, Cherry MX Blue Switches,|Mouse: Corsair M40

|Server Specs| CPU: i7-3770k [OC'd @ 4.1GHz] |MoBo: Sabertooth Z77 |RAM: Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz 2x8GB |Boot Drive: Samsung 840 SSD 128GB|Storage Drive: 4 WD 3TB Red Drives Raid 5 |Chassis:Corsair 600t 

@CoolBeans Well I clicked "store page" on the game library page and it took me to CSS, which I've bought so that could be a reason

@zxcvbnmmssdh no I can assure you that I didn't play it that long because I really didn't like it that much. Also nobody has my account

@Kevinkt Nope, nobody has my account and nobody other than me plays on my pc

Hackers. Answer is always Hackers

CPU: i7-4770k CPU Cooler: NH-D14 RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 8gb GPU: EVGA Superclocked 780 ti MOBO: ASUS Maximus VI Gene PSU: Corsair RM 850 Case: Bitfenix Prodigy M

Ahhh now I know the reason! They messed up my CSS installation! What's supposed to be CSS is now HL2 for some reason

Edit: My LF4D2 is now TF2. WTF man

Ahhh now I know the reason! They messed up my CSS installation! What's supposed to be CSS is now HL2 for some reason

Edit: My LF4D2 is now TF2. WTF man

yeah the .exes got messed up some how... i just reinstalled and it fixed it