Conventional PCI slot in 2019. (Not PCIE)

Hello everyone! My motherboard has a regular pci slot and I was looking for something to put in there just because ?. I never used this type of slot and I never saw anyone using it so could you suggest some kind of uses that it has?, besides wifi card since I already have one on a pcie slot.

6 minutes ago, handymanshandle said:

If you could get some use out of one, maybe a TV tuner or a capture card?

a capture card sounds more interesting, are they expensive?

that slot is slower than usb 3.... so theres quite literally no reason to use it over a usb 3  port.

4 minutes ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

You could push USB over PCI.

What kind of things do you want to use it for?

I have a headset that uses a dedicated microphone jack and by some reason the microphone doesnt work on my pc as it is, so maybe a sound card or more usbs or capture card as the person above said

25 minutes ago, emosun said:

that slot is slower than usb 3.... so theres quite literally no reason to use it over a usb 3  port.

what is the speed of the slot ? or bandwidth?. Do you know for what purpose was created? 

Just now, zedsdeath said:

Do you know for what purpose was created? 

that was a very simple question that could simply be searched , but in short it was designed to replace ISA, EISA, MCA, VLB in 1992

if i remember properly, you can get raid cards for PCI slots, buy one and two cheap 120GB SSDs and then make a raid 0 array for mad boot times (even though it will probably be no better than a sata 3 ssd because pci has a bandwidth of a kiwi fruit

Have a nice day:)

PC:    CPU: Core i7 4790k   I   GPU: MSI GTX 1070Ti Armor   I   COOLING: Custom water loop (cpu and gpu)  I  RAM: 16Gb DDR3 1600MHz   I   SSD: Samsung 850 evo 500Gb   I   HDD: WD blue 1TB, Hitatchi 2TB, Generic 1TB   I   PSU: EVGA 500w