Help with Audio Interface/Amp-Dac etc

Squirearl

Hello guys, I'm new here and this is my first post, hope you all don't mind. lol

Anyways I have an AT-2020 mic with the Focusrite Scarlett Pro Solo and I am looking into getting a pair of headphones that require an Amp/Dac to run. I have a few questions regarding all of this.

(Please excuse my knowledge about Audiophile Stuff)

BTW I am hooking all this up to my PC for Streaming/Rec videos etc.

Can I get an all in one Amp/Dac/Audio Interface to power my Mic and my new Headphones so I don't need my Scarlett Pro as well as an Amp/Dac? or is that not even a thing and they are two completely different things? Lol

Also, I stream & record videos and have been getting into Audio Filters lately (like compressor,noise gate .etc) and am looking into getting an Interface that has the features to do edit all that as well as change the Frequency levels, etc.

Is there something I could get where I could plug into my PC and then plug in my AT-2020 + my Headphones to make all work? Or will my mic have to have a separate Interface?

Other then knowing if all that will work? Whats a good Mic Interface that Features an EQ as well as Compressor/noise gate nob that would work with my setup that isn't too complicated? Because Complicated is the last thing I need...

I think that's it guys, I hope you Audio guys get a good laugh out of these questions, just don't bully me too hard... ;)

Thank you to anyone that tries to help.

The scarlett solo already has a headphone output, you don't need another dac+amp.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

21 hours ago, Enderman said:

The scarlett solo already has a headphone output, you don't need another dac+amp.

So the output on the Scarlet Solo isn't only for monitoring the Mics Input? I can use it to listen to my computers sounds .etc? I'm about to buy the Massdrop x Sennheiser HD 6XX Headphones from MassDrop. What Adapter would I need for The HD 6XX to plug into the Scarlet Solo? Thanks for the Help Buddy.

3 minutes ago, Squirearl said:

So the output on the Scarlet Solo isn't only for monitoring the Mics Input? I can use it to listen to my computers sounds .etc? I'm about to buy the Massdrop x Sennheiser HD 6XX Headphones from MassDrop. What Adapter would I need for The HD 6XX to plug into the Scarlet Solo? Thanks for the Help Buddy.

From my research it can monitor the computer audio too.

The 6XX already come with a 3.5 to 1/4" adapter.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Okay, I'm trying to decide between the HD 6XX or the HD 598s. Which one would you prefer? Also, does the 598s also come with the Adapter as well? Also.... what about a mixer, for this setup? I don't want anything complicated but id love to be able to control my Mic Frequencies/Filters (Noise Gate/Compression) manual rather than through software. Hope im not asking too much, you don't know how much I appreciate the help. 

4 hours ago, Squirearl said:

Okay, I'm trying to decide between the HD 6XX or the HD 598s. Which one would you prefer? Also, does the 598s also come with the Adapter as well? Also.... what about a mixer, for this setup? I don't want anything complicated but id love to be able to control my Mic Frequencies/Filters (Noise Gate/Compression) manual rather than through software. Hope im not asking too much, you don't know how much I appreciate the help. 

The 6xx or even the 58x is a big step up from the 598's. If you are gaming with these headphones I would recommend grabbing the 58x 's instead . They are better for gaming. But either way you are getting great headphones for music.

On 4/23/2019 at 7:16 AM, rice guru said:

The 6xx or even the 58x is a big step up from the 598's. If you are gaming with these headphones I would recommend grabbing the 58x 's instead . They are better for gaming. But either way you are getting great headphones for music.

On 4/23/2019 at 2:34 AM, Squirearl said:

Okay awesome, Thanks guys so much for all the help. ONE MORE QUESTION. (I promise) With getting these headphones, I'm going to need an AMP/DAC. Well, I'm also looking for a Mixer. Are there Mixers that have an Amp/Dac within the Mixer? Also, would I even need the Scarlet pro is I got a Mixer with Phantom Power within the mixer? If soooooo what would be your guy's recommendations? Like, are Yamaha Mixers good? Or? What are some brands I should look at and then decide how many Inputs/Outputs I need and get accordingly? 

33 minutes ago, Squirearl said:

Okay awesome, Thanks guys so much for all the help. ONE MORE QUESTION. (I promise) With getting these headphones, I'm going to need an AMP/DAC. Well, I'm also looking for a Mixer. Are there Mixers that have an Amp/Dac within the Mixer? Also, would I even need the Scarlet pro is I got a Mixer with Phantom Power within the mixer? If soooooo what would be your guy's recommendations? Like, are Yamaha Mixers good? Or? What are some brands I should look at and then decide how many Inputs/Outputs I need and get accordingly? 

aside from using the mixers provided for school and productions I have been a part of I wasn't really paying attecntion to what brands are good or not but. a mixerd iof it takes usb should be able to have a dac inside it and an amp to dive a headphone wont be as clean as a separate dac amps. but should do fine for stuff like the hd 58x's as they arent very amp dependant but if your dac sucks it will expose that. 

I wouldn't even mind getting a Mixer that requires a Power Plug and isn't just ran off USB. I'm just scared and don't want to buy the wrong headset or mixer you know. Its overwhelming because i know little to nothing about all this stuff. 

Just now, Squirearl said:

I wouldn't even mind getting a Mixer that requires a Power Plug and isn't just ran off USB. I'm just scared and don't want to buy the wrong headset or mixer you know. Its overwhelming because i know little to nothing about all this stuff. 

let's see... @Derkoli might be able to help pretty sure he knows more about mixers than me.

https://www.amazon.com/Creative-Blaster-Powered-Channel-Digital/dp/B07BQVWHV3/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=Amp+Dac+Mixer&qid=1556167130&s=gateway&sr=8-1

It looks like this has Phantom Power to power my mic as well as an AMP/DAC for my headphones, id just like to have more channels as i want to plug quite a bit of stuff into it as i will be having a two PC setup as Stream PC/Gaming PC. 

On 4/22/2019 at 10:12 AM, Squirearl said:

Hello guys, I'm new here and this is my first post, hope you all don't mind. lol

Anyways I have an AT-2020 mic with the Focusrite Scarlett Pro Solo and I am looking into getting a pair of headphones that require an Amp/Dac to run. I have a few questions regarding all of this.

(Please excuse my knowledge about Audiophile Stuff)

BTW I am hooking all this up to my PC for Streaming/Rec videos etc.

Can I get an all in one Amp/Dac/Audio Interface to power my Mic and my new Headphones so I don't need my Scarlett Pro as well as an Amp/Dac? or is that not even a thing and they are two completely different things? Lol

Also, I stream & record videos and have been getting into Audio Filters lately (like compressor,noise gate .etc) and am looking into getting an Interface that has the features to do edit all that as well as change the Frequency levels, etc.

Is there something I could get where I could plug into my PC and then plug in my AT-2020 + my Headphones to make all work? Or will my mic have to have a separate Interface?

Other then knowing if all that will work? Whats a good Mic Interface that Features an EQ as well as Compressor/noise gate nob that would work with my setup that isn't too complicated? Because Complicated is the last thing I need...

I think that's it guys, I hope you Audio guys get a good laugh out of these questions, just don't bully me too hard... ;)

Thank you to anyone that tries to help.

Like @Enderman said, i would have a look at the scarlett solo, and why do you need a mixer really. you can monitor audio on windows by enabling "Listen to this device" in audio settings, then just get a decent dac and amp, then plug the at 2020 into a decent power supply/audio interface.

LTT's Resident Porsche fanboy and nutjob Audiophile.

Main speaker setup is now;

Mini DSP SHD Studio -> 2x Mola Mola Tambaqui DAC's (fed by AES/EBU, one feeds the left sub and main, the other feeds the right side) -> 2x Neumann KH420 + 2x Neumann KH870

(Having a totally seperate DAC for each channel is game changing for sound quality)

15 hours ago, Derkoli said:

Like @Enderman said, i would have a look at the scarlett solo, and why do you need a mixer really. you can monitor audio on windows by enabling "Listen to this device" in audio settings, then just get a decent dac and amp, then plug the at 2020 into a decent power supply/audio interface.

The reason I want a mixer is because i would love to while I'm streaming be able to control certain audio aspects on the fly and not having to stop the game or stream to mess with certain audio levels, also I would love to have one for the simple filters like Compressor, Noise Gate etc for my mic as well as be able to mess with the EQ of my mic to make my voice sounds like I want it. I've been using Voice Meter but I feel it would be much better to have an actual mixer sitting on my desk.