G2A.com Begins Allowing Users To Sell Game Keys On It's Marketplace

Askew

So yeah, got an email today from G2A stating that they have launched the ability for customers to list game keys for sale on their site, when browsing for games you can filter to community posted listings now and see users keys up for sale.

I went ahead and began a 'sell' form to see the process and it simply asks you to type the key into a box, and set a price, when someone buys it the key is revealed instantly just as it would be if you were to purchase a key from their own listings.

This has a distinct advantage over eBay because you don't have to wait for a seller to send you a key, not to mentiont eBay doesn't officially allow the sale of digitally delivered CD keys.

Also they seem to have a system in place to prevent people from abusing tha PayPal chargeback system after having redeemed your code.

Here are the T&Cs of the site and service, it will be interesting to see if this works or not, there seem to be a lot of keys floating about from GPU deals ect so it could mean more of them getting listed for sale rather than given away.

https://www.g2a.com/terms-and-conditions/

• 1 year later...

ok, so it's been more than a year since this post but I've been with G2A for longer than that and wanted to share my comments on the marketplace where they resell their codes as well as their shield which is like their insurance for the marketplace.

I have purchased a grand total of 1 key from their marketplace which does have a crazy good discount on xbox live gold 12 month keys.  Given the time period (12 months) I didn't have a need to get into the marketplace for another deal.  Anyway, transaction smooth and it worked.  Took 5 minutes to get my code via e-mail.  Now I did use the shield because quite frankly I had no experience with their marketplace.  If a transaction over the marketplace goes sour, G2A claims that they will protect the purchase.  Who knows.  Hopefully people don't need to use it.  I personally think it's another way for them to make money.  Most people are going to use the marketplace anyway because the codes are cheaper.

Now, I have also joined G2A as an affiliate through their goldmine program and I can see where people buy their keys from (marketplace or not) and there are very few people that purchase their keys outside of the marketplace.  I know there are some hiccups (ubisoft earlier this year with stolen credit cards) but I think in general G2A does a hallway decent job.  Doing a sum over the past 12 months from the affiliate program I see 4,543 transactions of which only 14.  14!!!!!!!  FOURTEEN were not from the marketplace.  There were was also only 31... 31!!!!! THIRTYONE refunds from the marketplace.  Those are some pretty good statistics. 

So, I say based on my history with them, no real issues.  Good luck!

Please don't advertise unauthorised and possible illegal (in some countries) resellers.

i7 6700K - ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger - Corsair H110i GT CPU Cooler - EVGA GTX 980 Ti ACX2.0+ SC+ - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000MHz - Samsung 850 EVO 500GB - AX760i - Corsair 450D - XB270HU G-Sync Monitor

i7 3770K - H110 Corsair CPU Cooler - ASUS P8Z77 V-PRO - GTX 980 Reference - 16GB HyperX Beast 1600MHz - Intel 240GB SSD - HX750i - Corsair 750D - XB270HU G-Sync Monitor

@Askew i thought you left?

OT: I'm pretty sure you were always able to do this? I've had a "sell" option on my account since I created it awhile back. You could list 10 keys free or something before needing to pay

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

OT: I'm pretty sure you were always able to do this? I've had a "sell" option on my account since I created it awhile back. You could list 10 keys free or something before needing to pay

This thread is from last year.

Bringing threads older than 2-3 weeks back to the top is against terms of use on this forum.

Hope u are aware :)

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE