Worth upgrading to 16gb?

Hi everyone, 

So in my build, I have only 8gb of ram, when I'm playing fortnite or csgo any game, discord starts to stutter and I can't hear my friends, like it buffers and goes all weird. Should I upgrade to 16gb just for this? 

One Love.

ATB☯️

Well discord & CSGO & Fortnites don't even use much more than 6GB together so no.

1 minute ago, 7Hertz said:

Well discord & CSGO & Fortnites don't even use much more than 6GB together so no

But windows uses 2gb so his RAM is pretty full.

1 minute ago, eemunni said:

6GB including Windows, there is no way to monitor Ram usage without Windows usage whilst in a game.

Just now, eemunni said:

8gb isn't really enough in 2019, I think I'm gonna upgrade to 16gb. Plus it's not too much out the bank. Cheers guys. 

One Love.

ATB☯️

6 minutes ago, 7Hertz said:

Well discord & CSGO & Fortnites don't even use much more than 6GB together so no.

I do have other things in the background as well, Spotify, chrome with about 3-4 tabs open, discord, 

One Love.

ATB☯️

1 minute ago, d4yh said:

I do have other things in the background as well, Spotify, chrome with about 3-4 tabs open, discord, 

Close them, it only lowers performance anyway, do you need al this open or is it just a lazy habit?

Go and spend some money on more RAM if it is needed, if not just prioritize what you do correctly.

16 minutes ago, d4yh said:

I have only 8gb of ram, when I'm playing fortnite or csgo any game, discord starts to stutter and I can't hear my friends, like it buffers and goes all weird. Should I upgrade to 16gb just for this? 

If you have the money, I don't see why not.

I feel like Discord stuttering would be more down to your internet connection than RAM usage, because I've experienced the same and it was my Wi-Fi connection.

Upgrading to 16GB most likely won't solve that, but if you're having any framerate issues or your PC is slower than you'd expected, then by all means upgrade.

mechanical keyboard switches aficionado & hi-fi audio enthusiast

switch reviews  how i lube mx-style keyboard switches

14 minutes ago, seoz said:

If you have the money, I don't see why not.

I feel like Discord stuttering would be more down to your internet connection than RAM usage, because I've experienced the same and it was my Wi-Fi connection.

Upgrading to 16GB most likely won't solve that, but if you're having any framerate issues or your PC is slower than you'd expected, then by all means upgrade.

My Internet connection if perfectly fine. I get 100mbps +. 

One Love.

ATB☯️