What is Bitcoin?

Can someone explain to me what bitcoin is? I have no clue and cant really figure it out :(

if you can help that would be great!

Thanks

Chef

Its an online currency which is gaining momentum due to increased demand. The currency is generated by completing complex equations and awards 25 BTC or Bitcoins (generally called a "Block"). The most effective method to mining is using a high end graphics card/GPU to Mine for coins, however mining solo can result in very little reward. Most people use 1-2 graphics cards (ATI cards work best) and mine in a pool. A pool being lots of miners using their combined efforts to increase their overall MHash rate, therefore increasing chances of completing a valid block. Most pools distribute the 25BTC reward proportionally and equally based on the amount of effort each miner contributed to the pool.

what is the point of having bitcoins? just to have them or can they be redeemed for stuff?

| 5820k+EK supremacy nickel+acetal white 4.5Ghz | X99 Deluxe | Enthoo Luxe | 2x gtx780+komod NV full cover block | Corsair AX1200i | WD blue 500gb |

Kingston V300 120gb | Samsung 840 Evo 500gb| Bitspower D5 vario+Res combo | primochill advanced LRT tubing (Solid White) |

| Alphacool Nexxos MONSTA dual 120mm Black Ice nemesis GTX360 triple 120mm | Noctua NF-F12 X4 | Bitspower true silver 1/2ID 3/4 OD compressions (various angles) |

This site shows most of the vendors who accept bitcoin ([url=https://www.spendbitcoins.com/places/]https://www.spendbitcoins.com/places/[/url=https://www.spendbitcoins.com/places/])

Also there are services which allow you to trade bitcoin (BTC) to american currency (USD) usually through paypal.

Its a currency just like a Euro, Rupee, or Dollar

Bitcoin is Internet Monies :P

Come and join the awesome Official LTT Star Citizen Org at LTT Conglomerat,  GTA 5 LTT Crew at LTT Conglomarate

PC Specs - 4770k - OC 4.5GHz  - GTX 780 SC - 16GB HyperX - NZXT H440 White - Corsair H100i - Corsair AX750 - Samsung Evo 250GB - 2 x PA238Q - ATH-M50 -