Restore old PC

Go to solution Solved by Nicnac,
2 minutes ago, Peibolrz2 said:

Thank you so much very helpful. But if I have a VGA in both the monitor and the mobo could I use a simple VGA to VGA?

I don't see why that shouldn't work

Hi, I am trying to restore an old 775 PC, but I would like to ask you how do you connect it to your main monitor (with HDMI, DP, VGA or DVI) only having VGA on your motherboard inlet?

Just now, Mayushii said:

Theres cheap graphics cards with HDMI lol

Good point, but what if I only want to run the pc with the integrated graphics because of the low wattage of the PSU?

Just now, Peibolrz2 said:

Good point, but what if I only want to run the pc with the integrated graphics because of the low wattage of the PSU?

There are really low wattage graphics cards like a GT 710

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

Is there any other solution apart from buying a graphics card?

1 minute ago, Peibolrz2 said:

Is there any other solution apart from buying a graphics card?

Cheap monitor

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

14 minutes ago, Peibolrz2 said:

Hi, I am trying to restore an old 775 PC, but I would like to ask you how do you connect it to your main monitor (with HDMI, DP, VGA or DVI) only having VGA on your motherboard inlet?

This kind of looks like you could simply VGA-VGA?

Folding stats

Vigilo Confido

3 minutes ago, Nicnac said:

This kind of looks like you could simply VGA-VGA?

Maybe I don't know because the thing is that I have try it to connect it with a VGA to HDMI cable and it haven't work (maybe was a faulty cable, this one: https://es.aliexpress.com/item/Binmer-1-8-M-HDMI-Cable-HDMI-a-VGA-HD-1080-P-con-Cable-de-adaptador/32854307580.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.faab63c0mmNRb1)

there are passive adapters from VGA to DVI that you can get on the cheap. Sounds like the simplest solution here.

like this: https://www.ebay.com/itm/DVI-I-Dual-Link-24-5-Male-to-VGA-Female-15-pin-Audio-Video-Adapter-Connector/173856193076?hash=item287aa2fa34:g:TRwAAOSw8adcnzsW

assuming your monitor has no VGA connector. There are also VGA to HDMI adapters but they cost a bit more. Just make sure to have the right connector for the hdmi cable as there are some variants which dont all fit:

dvipins.jpg

it's these that cause an issue on the left like:

- -

------

- -

Folding stats

Vigilo Confido

8 minutes ago, Peibolrz2 said:

Maybe I don't know because the thing is that I have try it to connect it with a VGA to HDMI cable and it haven't work (maybe was a faulty cable, this one: https://es.aliexpress.com/item/Binmer-1-8-M-HDMI-Cable-HDMI-a-VGA-HD-1080-P-con-Cable-de-adaptador/32854307580.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.faab63c0mmNRb1)

Don't quote me on this but I don't think VGA can go into HDMI, the cable probably only works one way.

9 minutes ago, Nicnac said:

there are passive adapters from VGA to DVI that you can get on the cheap. Sounds like the simplest solution here.

like this: https://www.ebay.com/itm/DVI-I-Dual-Link-24-5-Male-to-VGA-Female-15-pin-Audio-Video-Adapter-Connector/173856193076?hash=item287aa2fa34:g:TRwAAOSw8adcnzsW

assuming your monitor has no VGA connector. There are also VGA to HDMI adapters but they cost a bit more. Just make sure to have the right connector for the hdmi cable as there are some variants which dont all fit:

dvipins.jpg

it's these that cause an issue on the left like:

- -

------

- -

Thank you so much very helpful. But if I have a VGA in both the monitor and the mobo could I use a simple VGA to VGA?

2 minutes ago, Peibolrz2 said:

Folding stats

Vigilo Confido

9 minutes ago, LeFudge said:

Don't quote me on this but I don't think VGA can go into HDMI, the cable probably only works one way.

I though about that but I think it has something to do with analog an digital decoder or something like that, I'm not very sure

On 4/20/2019 at 6:04 PM, Nicnac said:

Nice, thank you very much have a great day :)