Linux or Pirated Windows

Frost1412
Go to solution Solved by Streetguru,
51 minutes ago, r2724r16 said:

That's not my point. They may (or may not) work fine, but they're not necessarily legal.

In what way? Who would launder their money in stolen windows keys? assuming a stolen credit card.

I recently got my hard disk corrupted and couldn't find the recovery drive and run a hp Pavilion laptop with i5 last gen and 940mx hence don't actually need it as a gaming machine so which is for me Windows(Pirated) or linux plz help

Just now, Frost1412 said:

which is for me Windows(Pirated) or linux plz help

The Windows ISO is free. You can download it from here: https://www.microsoft.com/en-ca/software-download/windows10ISO

Discussing pirating is against the CS of this forum, so I advise you don't talk about it.

It costs money to legally activate Windows, but you can still use Windows unactivated.

CPU: Intel Core i7-950 Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R CPU Cooler: NZXT HAVIK 140 RAM: Corsair Dominator DDR3-1600 (1x2GB), Crucial DDR3-1600 (2x4GB), Crucial Ballistix Sport DDR3-1600 (1x4GB) GPU: ASUS GeForce GTX 770 DirectCU II 2GB SSD: Samsung 860 EVO 2.5" 1TB HDDs: WD Green 3.5" 1TB, WD Blue 3.5" 1TB PSU: Corsair AX860i & CableMod ModFlex Cables Case: Fractal Design Meshify C TG (White) Fans: 2x Dynamic X2 GP-12 Monitors: LG 24GL600F, Samsung S24D390 Keyboard: Logitech G710+ Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum Mouse Pad: Steelseries QcK Audio: Bose SoundSport In-Ear Headphones

five easiy ste ps to pIRATE windows 10 (((very true)))

1- dont

2- dont

3- dont

4- dont

5- dont

P.S. you can just use windows with the watermark

Edited by NunoLava1998
p.s. sorry if this is offensive/harsh to anybody

Ryzen 7 3700X / 16GB RAM / Optane SSD / GTX 1650 / Solus Linux

Just DL it for free, and buy a cheap CDKey when you have the pennies :

https://www.g2deal.com/windows-10-professional-32-64-bit.html

Or install Linux, LTT has a great video on the subject uploaded recently

:

Oh hi everyone, @Ryan_VickersI see no pancake on head :)

PC - NZXT H510 Elite, Ryzen 5600, 16GB DDR3200 2x8GB, EVGA 3070 FTW3 Ultra, Asus VG278HQ 165hz,

Mac - 1.4ghz i5, 4GB DDR3 1600mhz, Intel HD 5000.  x2

Endlessly wishing for a BBQ in space.

18 minutes ago, Frost1412 said:

I recently got my hard disk corrupted and couldn't find the recovery drive and run a hp Pavilion laptop with i5 last gen and 940mx hence don't actually need it as a gaming machine so which is for me Windows(Pirated) or linux plz help

You can get a windows 10 key for $5 on ebay

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

6 minutes ago, Kierax said:

buy a cheap CDKey when you have the pennies

That's arguably the same as pirating, those keys probably weren't obtained legally (or weren't intended for sale). With the difference that you pay for it.

Personally I recommend Linux, but you can use Windows for free as others pointed out.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

4 minutes ago, Streetguru said:

You can get a windows 10 key for $5 on ebay

Those keys aren't always "legal"

CPU: Intel Core i7-950 Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R CPU Cooler: NZXT HAVIK 140 RAM: Corsair Dominator DDR3-1600 (1x2GB), Crucial DDR3-1600 (2x4GB), Crucial Ballistix Sport DDR3-1600 (1x4GB) GPU: ASUS GeForce GTX 770 DirectCU II 2GB SSD: Samsung 860 EVO 2.5" 1TB HDDs: WD Green 3.5" 1TB, WD Blue 3.5" 1TB PSU: Corsair AX860i & CableMod ModFlex Cables Case: Fractal Design Meshify C TG (White) Fans: 2x Dynamic X2 GP-12 Monitors: LG 24GL600F, Samsung S24D390 Keyboard: Logitech G710+ Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum Mouse Pad: Steelseries QcK Audio: Bose SoundSport In-Ear Headphones

5 minutes ago, r2724r16 said:

Those keys aren't always "legal"

They work fine

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

2 minutes ago, Streetguru said:

They work fine

That's not my point. They may (or may not) work fine, but they're not necessarily legal.

I wrote this many times - using not activated Windows is illegal, the same as using pirated activators! Read EULA!

51 minutes ago, r2724r16 said:

In what way? Who would launder their money in stolen windows keys? assuming a stolen credit card.

Spoiler

36 minutes ago, homeap5 said:

I wrote this many times - using not activated Windows is illegal, the same as using pirated activators! Read EULA!

No it isn't, why else would Microsoft give you the option of installing windows 10 without a key?

Spoiler

Just now, Streetguru said:

Tell me where people selling Windows keys on eBay for $5 get them from?

10 minutes ago, r2724r16 said:

Tell me where people selling Windows keys on eBay for $5 get them from?

Volume discount keys

Spoiler

Volume discount keys

And you think most people selling $5 keys are actually selling volume discount keys?

I'm done with you.

52 minutes ago, Streetguru said:

No it isn't, why else would Microsoft give you the option of installing windows 10 without a key?

Yes, it is illegal.

"Authorized Software and Activation. You are authorized to use this software only if you are properly licensed and the software has been properly activated with a genuine product key or by other authorized method."

You can install Windows without serial, but you cannot use it. It's for your convenience - you can preinstall WIndows for someone etc.

But of course you can ask Microsoft - if they official answers you that it's legal to use not activated Windows, they you're right.

2 minutes ago, homeap5 said:

Yes, it is illegal.

"Authorized Software and Activation. You are authorized to use this software only if you are properly licensed and the software has been properly activated with a genuine product key or by other authorized method."

You can install Windows without serial, but you cannot use it. It's for your convenience - you can preinstall WIndows for someone etc.

But of course you can ask Microsoft - if they official answers you that it's legal to use not activated Windows, they you're right.

Why does microsoft let anyone install it without a key then?

They very likely just copy and pasted the EULA since like windows xp.

Spoiler

Why does microsoft let anyone install it without a key then?

I answered that.

It's for your convenience - you can preinstall WIndows for someone etc.

Or you can install Windows without internet connection.

The windows license key should be hard coded into the BIOS since that laptop is modern enough to have that, so all you need to do is use the media creation tool to download Windows 10 and create a bootable USB drive and plug it into the laptop and if it doesn't prompt you for either a product key or for the corresponding version of windows then you're good to go and not have to worry about a watermark (or you can just not agree to the license agreement and still be able to install windows 10 since they just sell off the data they harvest off your computer to the highest bidder).

op, your phrase-ology of your title is not approved.

we do not suggest and pirated content and that is not what our community is about.

<-LOCKED->