Need new laptop

I was looking for a new laptop to take to school, I don't care about the performance, its only going to be used for like microsoft office and chrome, but I need good battery life, and a decent keyboard.  Also I don't want to spend too much since my parents are paying for it and times aren't so good right now.

Never experienced it but people like the surface go so try that.

I'm gonna go find my own tech support...

with BLACKJACK and HOOKERS!

(Welcome to LTT Forums)

Just now, LukeTheCoder05 said:

Never experienced it but people like the surface go so try that.

I've looked into it, but the problem is that I use the laptop on my lap a lot and I can't really do that with the surface go.

Dell XPS are beautiful laptops that will last years.

If you don't want to spend much, get a machine with an i3/i5 and then buy an SSD and it will be great for your use.

PC - i7 12700K | EVGA FTW3 3090 | Corsair H150i | ASUS ROG Strix Z690-A | 32GB Corsair Vengance | Lian Li O11 Evo & EVGA 1k PSU

-

If my post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

14 minutes ago, Optane^ said:

Dell XPS are beautiful laptops that will last years.

If you don't want to spend much, get a machine with an i3/i5 and then buy an SSD and it will be great for your use.

Agreed, I had an XPS 13 and absolutely loved it. Currently on an HP Spectre x360 and it's not even close, build quality is much worse.

32 minutes ago, Shyam Ganapathy said:

I've looked into it, but the problem is that I use the laptop on my lap a lot and I can't really do that with the surface go.

I have a Surface 4 and I use it on my lap 90 percent of the time and it works pretty well

My life

4 hours ago, Shyam Ganapathy said:

snip

Where are you from? Budget? Prefer min how many hours of battery life? Any preference on weight and display size? Mind low sRGB display and non-upgradable RAM?

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 5600 Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE ARGB Gigabyte B550M DS3H mATX

Asrock Challenger Pro OC Radeon RX 6700 XT Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (8Gx2) 3600MHz CL18 Kingston NV2 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD

Montech Century 850W Gold Tecware Nexus Air (Black) ATX Mid Tower

Laptop: Lenovo Ideapad 5 Pro 16ACH6

Phone: Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro 8+128

18 hours ago, GeneXiS_X said:

Where are you from? Budget? Prefer min how many hours of battery life? Any preference on weight and display size? Mind low sRGB display and non-upgradable RAM?

United states, Budget is flexable but looking for bang for the buck, 7 hours min battery life, lower weight is better, screen size should be 13-15 inches, screen should be decent dosent have to be amazing, but need big trackpad, don't care for upgradable ram.

Since you prefer light weight, I'll exclude 15 inch models

Under $700:

*Lenovo Yoga 730 13 customize

*Lenovo Yoga S730 customize

*HP Envy 13t customize

*Acer Spin 5 SP513-52N-552K

Lenovo Ideapad 530s 14 81EU0008US 

Acer Swift 3 SF314-54-53BQ / 56L8

Lenovo Flex 6 14

*good sRGB display, non-upgradable RAM

Take a look at Thinkpad L, Thinkpad E (not Ryzen),

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 5600 Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE ARGB Gigabyte B550M DS3H mATX

Asrock Challenger Pro OC Radeon RX 6700 XT Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (8Gx2) 3600MHz CL18 Kingston NV2 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD

Montech Century 850W Gold Tecware Nexus Air (Black) ATX Mid Tower

Laptop: Lenovo Ideapad 5 Pro 16ACH6

Phone: Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro 8+128