searching for an alternative fluid

I'm gathering the parts for a water cooling loop and I was planning to use primochill's Vue premix

the only problem is that I can't find it anywhere in Europe.

so my question is:are there any other fluids that have a similar appearance

gaming system: R7 3700X @ 4.25Ghz cpu / B450 STEEL LEGEND mobo / 4x8gb corsair Vengeance @3333Mhz ram / RX 7900XTX pulse gpu / Be Quiet Dark Rock Pro 3 cpu cooler /Coolermaster Qube 500 case / Be Quiet Dark Power Pro 12 1500w power supply

laptop: Dell xps 9510, 3.5k OLED, i7 11800h, rtx 3050 ti, 2x16gb DDR4 @ 3200Mhz, 1TB main drive, 2TB add in ssd

6 minutes ago, ki8aras said:

I'm gathering the parts for a water cooling loop and I was planning to use primochill's Vue premix

the only problem is that I can't find it anywhere in Europe.

so my question is:are there any other fluids that have a similar appearance

Vue is a tricky fluid to get right, there have been some who have been able to use it successfully but a lot have had it fall out of suspension or clog their blocks. If you want a solid opaque fluid there is the Pastel series from many manufacture's such as EKWB and Mayhems which are well regarded but they do not have the particles that create that fluid flow appearance. 

15 hours ago, W-L said:

Vue is a tricky fluid to get right, there have been some who have been able to use it successfully but a lot have had it fall out of suspension or clog their blocks. If you want a solid opaque fluid there is the Pastel series from many manufacture's such as EKWB and Mayhems which are well regarded but they do not have the particles that create that fluid flow appearance. 

I'm kinda tempted to take the risk and use it to be honest just because of the look

gaming system: R7 3700X @ 4.25Ghz cpu / B450 STEEL LEGEND mobo / 4x8gb corsair Vengeance @3333Mhz ram / RX 7900XTX pulse gpu / Be Quiet Dark Rock Pro 3 cpu cooler /Coolermaster Qube 500 case / Be Quiet Dark Power Pro 12 1500w power supply

laptop: Dell xps 9510, 3.5k OLED, i7 11800h, rtx 3050 ti, 2x16gb DDR4 @ 3200Mhz, 1TB main drive, 2TB add in ssd

5 hours ago, ki8aras said:

I'm kinda tempted to take the risk and use it to be honest just because of the look

It’s up to you but be prepared for the possibility of having to tear apart of the loop and blocks a few months in to clean everything out of it does fall out of suspension. 

6 minutes ago, W-L said:

It’s up to you but be prepared for the possibility of having to tear apart of the loop and blocks a few months in to clean everything out of it does fall out of suspension. 

good to know!

13 minutes ago, ki8aras said:

good to know!

Just remember to prep the loop as best as you can by properly cleaning out the rads beforehand and ensuring the loop doesn’t have any dead or low flow areas where the iridescent particles from the VUE fluid can settle. Check their recommended instructions but from what I remember they mentioned to flush/clean the loop before filling using their sysprep fluid. 

9 minutes ago, W-L said:

Just remember to prep the loop as best as you can by properly cleaning out the rads beforehand and ensuring the loop doesn’t have any dead or low flow areas where the iridescent particles from the VUE fluid can settle. Check their recommended instructions but from what I remember they mentioned to flush/clean the loop before filling using their sysprep fluid. 

damn that much preparation?

i guess its worth it for them looks

If u want that kinda look, Aurora is a better bet imo, its more mature. Vue has had a patchy history.

CPU: Intel i7 3930k w/OC & EK Supremacy EVO Block | Motherboard: Asus P9x79 Pro  | RAM: G.Skill 4x4 1866 CL9 | PSU: Seasonic Platinum 1000w Corsair RM 750w Gold (2021)|

VDU: Panasonic 42" Plasma | GPU: Gigabyte 1080ti Gaming OC & Barrow Block (RIP)...GTX 980ti | Sound: Asus Xonar D2X - Z5500 -FiiO X3K DAP/DAC - ATH-M50S | Case: Phantek Enthoo Primo White |

Storage: Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SSD + WD Blue 1TB SSD | Cooling: XSPC D5 Photon 270 Res & Pump | 2x XSPC AX240 White Rads | NexXxos Monsta 80x240 Rad P/P | NF-A12x25 fans |

5 hours ago, ki8aras said:

damn that much preparation?

i guess its worth it for them looks

It's mandatory for ensuring a success with vue fluid, generally for regular fluids you still need to flush and clean rads and components to ensure there is no flux or other remaining manufacturing gunk. 

42 minutes ago, SolarNova said:

If u want that kinda look, Aurora is a better bet imo, its more mature. Vue has had a patchy history.

Aurora has a much long history but is still not recommended for long term use I think it's up to around 3-6 months now. 

Edited by W-L

11 hours ago, SolarNova said:

but i heard that Aurora was not to be used for more than a month whereas ive seed people use Vue for up to 6

Vue and Aurora can last as long as each other in the best circumstances, but Vue from what i've seen can be more temperamental.

If you want either to last you really need to build a loop around the coolant. You must ensure there are no deadzones in the flow, blocks, res, rads, tubing runs, even fittings, u need to ensure there is no place to the particles to settle out. Then u also need to ensure the coolant never gets to warm. And ofc as already stated, preparing the loop for the coolant is very important with both of them, it have to be spotless with no trace or any chemicals in them from cleaning or their original manufacture.

CPU: Intel i7 3930k w/OC & EK Supremacy EVO Block | Motherboard: Asus P9x79 Pro  | RAM: G.Skill 4x4 1866 CL9 | PSU: Seasonic Platinum 1000w Corsair RM 750w Gold (2021)|

VDU: Panasonic 42" Plasma | GPU: Gigabyte 1080ti Gaming OC & Barrow Block (RIP)...GTX 980ti | Sound: Asus Xonar D2X - Z5500 -FiiO X3K DAP/DAC - ATH-M50S | Case: Phantek Enthoo Primo White |

Storage: Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SSD + WD Blue 1TB SSD | Cooling: XSPC D5 Photon 270 Res & Pump | 2x XSPC AX240 White Rads | NexXxos Monsta 80x240 Rad P/P | NF-A12x25 fans |