Pump Header on CPU_FAN or SYS_FAN ?

Go to solution Solved by killyx,

Thanks anyone for your answers, I solved my problem here.

Hello there, and sorry for my bad english!

EDIT: I saw here that it would be better to plug the pump onto the SYS_FAN, and run the pump at full speed for better flow and constant cooling : anyone could confirm ? If not so, I think I will plug both PUMP and Radiator Fan to CPU_FAN to be sure.

Today I built my first ITX config, and I have some questions about my AIO :

My mobo is a Gigabyte - Z390 I AORUS PRO WIFI and my AIO is a Cooler Master - MasterLiquid ML120R
I read 10 times all of the documentations, asked on discord and checked on forums, but I can't find any answers.

My mobo have 3 fans connector : 1x CPU_FAN and 2x SYS_FAN, my question is, what do I need to connect to CPU_FAN ?

• The pump + the fan on the radiator (with a splitter) ?
  • Only the pump ?
  • Only the fan on the radiator ?

Some screenshot :

btw, I have 4 fans, all Corsair LL120RGB, RGB pin's of those are connected to the Node Pro, and the RGB pin of the AIO is connected right onto the motherboard.

Thanks for your answers!

Run the pump on the CPU header if it doesn't have a dedicated header (some boards do).

Run your case fans and/or radiator fans on the system fan headers, splitters if need-be.

~Remember to quote posts to continue support on your thread~
-Don't be this kind of person-

CPU:  AMD Ryzen 7 5800x | RAM: 2x16GB Crucial Ripjaws Z | Cooling: XSPC/EK/Bitspower loop | MOBO: Gigabyte x570 Aorus Master | PSU: Seasonic Prime 750 Titanium  

SSD: 250GB Samsung 980 PRO (OS) | 1TB Crucial MX500| 2TB Crucial P2 | Case: Phanteks Evolv X | GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 (with EK Block) | HDD: 1x Seagate Barracuda 2TB

7 minutes ago, Semper said:

Run the pump on the CPU header if it doesn't have a dedicated header (some boards do).

Run your case fans and/or radiator fans on the system fan headers, splitters if need-be.

I have seen just now that if I run the pump on the SYS_FAN, the pump will run at full speed all time, which is a good thing, the liquid flow need to be constant.

And the fan on the radiator to the CPU_FAN to be able to manage the fan with the temp of the CPU.

19 minutes ago, killyx said:

the pump will run at full speed all time, which is a good thing

you might experience a slightly higher chance of pump failure and higher noise but you should get better temps assuming the fans are at a decent speed

1 hour ago, _d0nut said:

you might experience a slightly higher chance of pump failure and higher noise but you should get better temps assuming the fans are at a decent speed

1 hour ago, Semper said:

Anyone could tell me which will be the benefice to plug the Pump + the radiator FAN on the CPU_FAN ?

This make no difference for the fan to be plugged onto CPU_FAN ?

Thanks anyone for your answers, I solved my problem here.