Mayhem's Pastel Fluid Issues ?

Hello everyone.

So i am planning to install my new EK Slim 240 Water Cooling Kit in the coming days and i was thinking about getting a pretty cool color for my rig .

After searching a bit i found Mayhem's Pastel Fluid has pretty vibrant and great looking colors but after further investigation it turns out that a number of people are reporting problems with it.

There are of course even more who state that there is no problem completely so i am a bit confused right now .

I also saw reviews for the Thermaltake C1000 cooling liquid but people there were even more critical about the product and almost everybody was complaining.

I was hoping maybe some experienced people here could give me a more detailed answer on what to do.

Thanks in advance !

24 minutes ago, KevinG4 said:

Seems to depend on what colour of Pastel you are going for and when you get it.

I used to run Pastel Orange and had no issues with it (2015-2018). Whereas some people would report Pastel red turning into "tomato soup" after a few months. Now idea on the other colours though.

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

3 hours ago, KevinG4 said:

-SNIP-

It varies I've used pastel before with no issue other than some minor oxidation from the coolant aging. I've since used Ice Dragons for the last few years with relatively good success, as they are the original makers of the pastel fluids I find their fluid is a bit more opaque than Mayhem's pastel. 

13 hours ago, W-L said:

It varies I've used pastel before with no issue other than some minor oxidation from the coolant aging. I've since used Ice Dragons for the last few years with relatively good success, as they are the original makers of the pastel fluids I find their fluid is a bit more opaque than Mayhem's pastel. 

They do say though that their pastel is made after collaboration with Ice Dragon for 2 years so i guess thats an assuring thing to know ?

5 hours ago, KevinG4 said:

They do say though that their pastel is made after collaboration with Ice Dragon for 2 years so i guess thats an assuring thing to know ?

Most of the pastel series are a derivative or have some formulation based on the Ice Dragon's fluids. Given that a loop is properly prepared and designed you shouldn't see much problem, as said there will always be some cases of issues occurring but generally I've seen it perform fairly well.