Water cooling for Threadripper

Hi!

I'm looking for a water cooling for AMD Threadripper 2950x, what cooling should I go with?

Thanks

Purpose built TR4 AIO's are somewhat limited.

I don't have firsthand experience with any of them, but I believe that CoolerMaster's ML360 is the best option available, but I wouldn't consider it all that impressive.
Enermax has a liqtech TR4 version as well, but it's known to have quality/manufacturing issues. Beyond that, I don't personally know of any other purpose-built models.
Support for standard AIO's will vary, they will work, but they won't cover the entirety of the IHS. spec sheets should have compatibility.

If you opt for a custom loop, EK makes TR blocks, but they're EOL, so you'll be buying used. Thermaltake, Koolance, XSPC, and Watercool (Heatkiller) make blocks as well. I don't know the status on any of these, however.

~Remember to quote posts to continue support on your thread~
-Don't be this kind of person-

CPU:  AMD Ryzen 7 5800x | RAM: 2x16GB Crucial Ripjaws Z | Cooling: XSPC/EK/Bitspower loop | MOBO: Gigabyte x570 Aorus Master | PSU: Seasonic Prime 750 Titanium  

SSD: 250GB Samsung 980 PRO (OS) | 1TB Crucial MX500| 2TB Crucial P2 | Case: Phanteks Evolv X | GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 (with EK Block) | HDD: 1x Seagate Barracuda 2TB

On a waterblock for tr4 heatkiller and xspc are the only two worth buying.The rest either run hotter or don't have the flowrate the other 2 have.

Custom loop or AIO?

If my answer got you to your solution make sure to 'Mark Resolved!
( / . _ . / )

13 hours ago, andrewmp6 said:

On a waterblock for tr4 heatkiller and xspc are the only two worth buying.The rest either run hotter or don't have the flowrate the other 2 have.

what about enermax liqtech-TR4 II 360mm?

13 hours ago, GabeThePCHelper said:

Custom loop or AIO?

AIO

On 4/13/2019 at 1:57 PM, Semper said:

Purpose built TR4 AIO's are somewhat limited.

I don't have firsthand experience with any of them, but I believe that CoolerMaster's ML360 is the best option available, but I wouldn't consider it all that impressive.
Enermax has a liqtech TR4 version as well, but it's known to have quality/manufacturing issues. Beyond that, I don't personally know of any other purpose-built models.
Support for standard AIO's will vary, they will work, but they won't cover the entirety of the IHS. spec sheets should have compatibility.

If you opt for a custom loop, EK makes TR blocks, but they're EOL, so you'll be buying used. Thermaltake, Koolance, XSPC, and Watercool (Heatkiller) make blocks as well. I don't know the status on any of these, however.

I'm afraid this one isn't available for me... Other options?

4 hours ago, JakePeralta said:

I'm afraid this one isn't available for me... Other options?

Unfortunately, I don't know any more on the subject than what's above. I'm not on the Ryzen platform, much less TR, this is just all outsider information I know from being a tech enthusiast

If the ML360 isn't available, you can give the Enermax LiqTech TR4 360 a look, but as I said, it's very well established as having manufacturing and/or quality issues alongside long term stability as a result.

Outside of that, I believe you'll be looking for a standard cold plate AIO solution that supports TR4, but it will likely not be optimal, as it won't completely cover the IHS.

CPU:  AMD Ryzen 7 5800x | RAM: 2x16GB Crucial Ripjaws Z | Cooling: XSPC/EK/Bitspower loop | MOBO: Gigabyte x570 Aorus Master | PSU: Seasonic Prime 750 Titanium  

SSD: 250GB Samsung 980 PRO (OS) | 1TB Crucial MX500| 2TB Crucial P2 | Case: Phanteks Evolv X | GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 (with EK Block) | HDD: 1x Seagate Barracuda 2TB

8 hours ago, Semper said:

Unfortunately, I don't know any more on the subject than what's above. I'm not on the Ryzen platform, much less TR, this is just all outsider information I know from being a tech enthusiast

If the ML360 isn't available, you can give the Enermax LiqTech TR4 360 a look, but as I said, it's very well established as having manufacturing and/or quality issues alongside long term stability as a result.

Outside of that, I believe you'll be looking for a standard cold plate AIO solution that supports TR4, but it will likely not be optimal, as it won't completely cover the IHS.

I understand. So how about kraken x62 or h115i?

4 hours ago, JakePeralta said:

I understand. So how about kraken x62 or h115i?

This might give you a better indication on what to expect. As I said, my knowledge on cooling Threadripper with an AIO is entirely speculative as I have no first or second-hand knowledge on the matter.

The X62 is listed as compatible.
The H115i is listed as compatible with a separate bracket.