Brent pin in CPU socket

So I recently upgraded my motherboard and CPU cooler.  Upgraded to an Asus rog maximus xi hero wifi and a corsair h100i rgb platinum aio.

After plugging everything in the aio would not cool the cpu. While taking the CPU ot to reapply thermal paste I dropped it landing in the socket bending one of the pins along the center edge.

Should I se about trying tho fix it or should I just cut my losses and but a rodent motherboard

1 minute ago, David Everitt said:

So I recently upgraded my motherboard and CPU cooler.  Upgraded to an Asus rog maximus xi hero wifi and a corsair h100i rgb platinum aio.

After plugging everything in the aio would not cool the cpu. While taking the CPU ot to reapply thermal paste I dropped it landing in the socket bending one of the pins along the center edge.

Should I se about trying tho fix it or should I just cut my losses and but a rodent motherboard

Youtube has some good guides.

1 minute ago, David Everitt said:

Can you post a picture of the damaged socket here?

CPU: Intel Core i7-950 Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R CPU Cooler: NZXT HAVIK 140 RAM: Corsair Dominator DDR3-1600 (1x2GB), Crucial DDR3-1600 (2x4GB), Crucial Ballistix Sport DDR3-1600 (1x4GB) GPU: ASUS GeForce GTX 770 DirectCU II 2GB SSD: Samsung 860 EVO 2.5" 1TB HDDs: WD Green 3.5" 1TB, WD Blue 3.5" 1TB PSU: Corsair AX860i & CableMod ModFlex Cables Case: Fractal Design Meshify C TG (White) Fans: 2x Dynamic X2 GP-12 Monitors: LG 24GL600F, Samsung S24D390 Keyboard: Logitech G710+ Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum Mouse Pad: Steelseries QcK Audio: Bose SoundSport In-Ear Headphones

grab ur self a Pin and a magnifying glass and bend it back ..carefully.

CPU: Intel i7 3930k w/OC & EK Supremacy EVO Block | Motherboard: Asus P9x79 Pro  | RAM: G.Skill 4x4 1866 CL9 | PSU: Seasonic Platinum 1000w Corsair RM 750w Gold (2021)|

VDU: Panasonic 42" Plasma | GPU: Gigabyte 1080ti Gaming OC & Barrow Block (RIP)...GTX 980ti | Sound: Asus Xonar D2X - Z5500 -FiiO X3K DAP/DAC - ATH-M50S | Case: Phantek Enthoo Primo White |

Storage: Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SSD + WD Blue 1TB SSD | Cooling: XSPC D5 Photon 270 Res & Pump | 2x XSPC AX240 White Rads | NexXxos Monsta 80x240 Rad P/P | NF-A12x25 fans |

5 hours ago, David Everitt said:

It's worth trying at least.  As the others have said, there are some pretty decent videos (including an LTT one) on fixing bent pins.  Worst case you still have a dead board.  One of the big reasons Intel went LGA was so that you would damage the less expensive motherboard in case of bent pins and not the expensive CPU.

4 hours ago, Vulkan HeStan said:

ltt actually did a video on this

There's no place like ~

Spoiler

Problems and solutions:

FreeNAS

Spoiler

Dell Server 11th gen

Spoiler

ESXI

Spoiler