Gaming PC Buildfor my brother (Budget..)

Budget: $800 canadian before tax

Will be used for gaming.

Not really sure where to start as i havent kept up to date with parts.

Main PC: 4690k // Z97 // R9 280 3GB // 8gb Ram // CM Elite 430 Case // 750 EVGA B PSU // 1TB HDD

Living Room "Console" PC: FX 8350 // 990a SLI Krait // R7 360 // 8gb Ram // HAF 912 // 750 EVGA B PSU // 1TB HDD

Future Plans:

find a 2nd monitor at a pawn shop

Sell/giveaway R7 360, move r9 280 into console PC, buy a better GPU for main PC.

Any need for portability? Monitor/mouse/keyboard?

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

13 minutes ago, fasauceome said:

Any need for portability? Monitor/mouse/keyboard?

Nope, we have everything else just need system

3 minutes ago, Happycowdance said:

could also try this has a better cpu but less ram and a worse psu

also has a prettier case :D

I've read that the 2200g stutters in some games, 2600 will probably be our way to go

Main PC: 4690k // Z97 // R9 280 3GB // 8gb Ram // CM Elite 430 Case // 750 EVGA B PSU // 1TB HDD

Living Room "Console" PC: FX 8350 // 990a SLI Krait // R7 360 // 8gb Ram // HAF 912 // 750 EVGA B PSU // 1TB HDD

Future Plans:

find a 2nd monitor at a pawn shop

Sell/giveaway R7 360, move r9 280 into console PC, buy a better GPU for main PC.

4 minutes ago, whatishacks said:

Nope, we have everything else just need system

This AND a used GPU from eBay like an RX 580. That's the very best value.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

This was a bit of a challenge but I was able to make you a build that makes use of R5 2600, 16GB of 3000MHz RAM, 500GB storage, and the RX 580. Right at $800.

The only thing I'd say as a caveat is don't expect too much in the way of overclocking on this board. It will handle a minor overclock, but VRMs could be an issue for heavy overclocks. As long as you are good with that, this build offers the best gaming performance out of the ones posted here.

As an alternative to my previous build, you can also do this assuming it'll be for gaming only. This will get even more gaming performance than my last one due to the GTX 1660 Ti:

The 8100 trades blows with the 2600 in gaming performance and wins overall when looking at a comprehensive gaming test suite, however it doesn't matter too much when we're in the territory of the RX 570/580/GTX 1660/1660 Ti. Those GPUs all pair very nicely with either CPU and you'd be hard pressed to find those GPUs being bottlenecked by either CPU.